Seeing the doctor earlier than scheduled today... I really need him

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I have been washing my hands so much because of my Obsessive Compulsive disorder and the skin was falling off one of my fingers. I have been wearing vinyl gloves around the house as it is EXTREMELY painful. the skin looks better with wearing the gloves. but take them off for bed and wash them and now have a deep cut on my finger that really hurts. two weeks ago I was getting my every two-week injection and my nurse saw it. She had the receptionist get me an appointment with my psychiatrist, Paul, today which is two weeks early, as I was supposed to see him on April 7th. I have to hope that Paul will help me as I am miserable with this pain. Seeing that Paul is the best doctor I ever had, I know he will try his hardest to help me! Have you ever had to see a doctor earlier than a scheduled appointment?
@DocAndersen (37782)
i hope everything turns out ok. Take care of you!!!!
Thank you! i am taking care of me by seeing my doctor earlier than I was scheduled t see him on April 7th
@DocAndersen (37782)
@Marty1 i think that is a good thing! sometimes we have to change how we are doing things, and when we are doing them!
@DocAndersen Yes, I wish I could stop the handwashing altogether but I have been doing it since I was eleven years old and I will be fifty years old at the end of the year! so that is too long!
@Chellezhere (4527)
I have lucked out and been able to see doctors sooner than originally expected, but not because of a particular condition. These appointments were changed due to cancellations.
You were lucky! I had to see my primary care doctor's nurse last month to get a prescription for my heart medicine as my usual doctor is busy until August. I canceled m December appointment with him as I was frightened of Covid
@Marty1 I believe that the pandemic is actually the media-induced anxiety, rather than the virus itself. But, I an empathize with how it makes you feel.
@Marty1 I'm glad you're okay. I rarely watch the news anymore because of the propaganda.
@stephcjh (38904)
I have not had that happen yet. Hope it went well.
it did go well and I see him again Wednesday so will know more then.
@stephcjh (38904)
@Marty1 Good luck my friend.
@stephcjh thank you! I see the doctor again today! so I am hoping for the best!
Fingers crossed for you to get better
thank you! my new doctor really cares and is willing to try different things to help me!
@Marty1 thats good thats what you need.
@Courtlynn I never had a doctor like him who asked me if I thought my medicines were working? no doctor has ever asked me for my opinion on that!
@m_audrey6788 (38439)
I hope everything is ok. I never had an earlier schedule as far as I can remember Good thing they gave you an earlier schedule
Thank you! I am going to write about it here tomorrow! I have had one emergency appointment a few years ago when I was having a mental breakdown
@Marty1 Oh. ok. How are you doing now?
@m_audrey6788 I am doing a lot better now! i have a new doctor who is really trying to help me, so I am happy!
@Tina30219 (69265)
• Onaway, Michigan
I have had to see a doctor earlier than scheduled many times which in most cases was good I do not like waiting. I hope Paul can help you get out of the pain and your hands/fingers are better soon
Thank you! I feel he will try to help me as he cares so much. I don't like waiting either. They like to schedule me to see Paul the same day I get my injection so I had to wait an extra two weeks.
@Tina30219 (69265)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Marty1 That is good they try to get you in at the same time so you do not have to make another trip back again.
@Tina30219 they do that for all of those who get injections since a lot of us don't drive and need to get a ride with friends or relatives, Uber, taxi, or the bus. so it is much easier to do it all at once
I really hope that Paul can help you Jennifer, you should find a pair of cotton gloves to keep during the night, you can use a ointment on your hands and then wear the gloves.
i will have to look for them but will have to wait until the cut goes away because everything like that makes it hurt worse than water. it could be a preventive measure so it doesn't happen again
@Marty1 I hope the doctor can give you something for that cut, I am so sorry Jennifer.
That must be very painful. I do hope Paul is able to help you.
the gloves help. I only have one finger left like that so I only wear one glove on the hand with the painful finger. I find out what Paul will do is helping me on Wednesday! He is thinking about a medicine he wants me to take.
@CarolDM (126364)
Glad you are going to the doctor. Stay safe and take care.
thank you! I am back and it is waiting now. I am going to write about it here
@rhuenz (10748)
Hope your skin will get well soon.
thank you! I am hoping Paul helps me in some way or another