Trivial Thoughts

Yesterday they announced that the city in which I live will go back into the Red Restricted Zone. The virus is spreading terribly. They give a breakdown of the age groups infected. The 21-30 year age group is highest, followed very closely behind by the 51-60 year group. Its quite obvious that parents of grown children are not following the protocols in place. I will be so thankful when this all comes to an end. It has been a very long year plus and its been very difficult. Our son lives in another county, so they have a different set of rules because they are not always in the same zone as we are. Something told me to stock up at the grocery store yesterday. And stock up I did. I need to order a couple of prescription refills later on today so that I can pick them up tomorrow and that will allow me to stay in for weeks to come. On a bright note........this is a short work week. That means that we will be busy at work, so the time should fly by. I am really looking forward to staying busy and keeping my mind off of the difficult news which seems to take over everything. ~Photo is mine
We have the same situation, now the groups more infected are from 30 to 55, no more the seniors. The young people do not follow the protocol. I am preparing some decorations for Easter, I sill do not know what I will cook for that day.
Our oldest population is vaccinated so they should be safe for the most part. I will put out my Easter decorations in another day or so. I have everything planned for Easter Sunday for him and I to share.
@Juliaacv I have the decorations ready, I have bought our traditional Easter sweet bread, I will surely make deviled eggs, because for Easter traditionally we have eggs, but I have not decided for the main meal.
@LadyDuck I will also make devilled eggs, I believe that we are either going to have a small rack of lamb or a small ham for Easter Sunday.
@sharonelton (3269)
• Lichfield, England
Some of those 21-30 year olds might have left home already so then that would be their own fault.
Many in the younger end of that age category have not been able to leave home due to a lack of good paying jobs for them after graduating from university. I feel sad for that age group, and for their parents, as they are not experiencing the feeling of their young ones flying the coop to strike out on their own. There are alot of multi-generational households, and that doesn't help our numbers.
• Lichfield, England
@Juliaacv And what about those who haven't been to university. In fact some people who didn't go to university sometimes get jobs more easily than those who do. Maybe some could try self employment. That could be an answer.
@sharonelton Sadly that sector of the population find it very difficult to find a job that pays enough to support themselves independently.
@myklj999 (56312)
• Olney, Illinois
My county reported 25 new cases in the past 7 days as of yesterday. 25 might not be huge, but the county population is only 16,000
That is very high, especially given the consideration that many should/could have been vaccinated. Here it is only the elderly that have had their shots, them and the front line healthcare workers.
OUCH
@moffittjc (95847)
• Gainesville, Florida
I read a very interesting article yesterday. It said that the virus cases are skyrocketing again, and it means the vaccine is working (sounds ironic doesn't it?). But when I read the article, it said that the majority of the new skyrocketing cases are in the younger age groups, not the older age groups. You see, the older age groups are the ones getting the vaccine first, and as a result they are seeing a huge drop in the number of new cases among older people. So it's a good sign. Pretty soon they'll be making the vaccine available for younger age groups too, and then we should start seeing a decline in the total number of cases. Glad you were able to stock up ahead of time!
Yes, that makes good sense. Our seniors 75 and older are vaccinated and do not seem to be dying like they were even 6 months ago. Now the age groups are the 21-29 and then my group the 50-59. I think that alot of people are still gathering with their kids or kids with their parents. Our son and his wife did a drive by yesterday, and we waved. It was sad, but it was all that we could do safely. They live in another county and technically they should not even venture here, but they stayed in their truck.
@moffittjc (95847)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Juliaacv It's sad that a year after this pandemic started, we're still fighting the fight. But at least with the vaccine availability we should be able to turn the tide on this virus soon. We'll get there, is just going to be a low process.
@moffittjc People 55 and older can now sign up for the A-Z shot from pharmacies. There is a strong health warning regarding the possibilities of blood clots as a result of that shot, so I will not take that one. Are you feeling any better yet?
I wish Alberta would impose some restrictions!
There are restrictions, yet people do not all necessarily heed to them.
@Juliaacv I know.
@paigea Have you had your shot yet?
Same thing going on here. They're talking about opening up restaurants, schools, etc yet the virus is spreading. I don't understand the logic. I'm busy planning my Easter menu. My oldest daughter and family will be here but not the rest of the family. Usually we go to their house but this year I'd rather stay home and cook. My daughter is happy that she has off on Good Friday (with her new job)
I think that I am more fearful now, with these variants, then I was a year ago. We cannot let our guard down until we are fully vaccinated and even then take necessary precautions. My hands are so dry from washing repeatedly, but they are germ free.
@Juliaacv I think we're in for a good part of this year too and won't let my guard down either. Even with the vaccine (which I haven't gotten yet) it isn't a guarantee that everything is safe. I have become a homebody and rarely go out. I don't know if this is good or bad
@Marilynda1225 Good or bad, you are alive, and that means that you are safe.
I am so sorry that the numbers are spiking again, we are still in orange not red so that is ok . We certainly don’t go much of anywhere with anyone
I am finding it very hard emotionally.
@Juliaacv It is hard emotionally, its why I need my time in the pool at the Y, to just get some endorphins flowing to improve my mood.
@BelleStarr All of our public places such as pools and such are closed. Its been too long and too hard, last night I went to bed early, it was out of depression.
@Nevena83 (60429)
• Serbia
The situation is similar here. More and more infected, despite the fact that many are being vaccinated.
I have had to stop watching the news again, I find it too frightening and depressing.
@Nevena83 (60429)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv Yes, it’s really stressful for everyone. Many people have psychological problems because of the whole situation.
@CarolDM (127018)
Nice shot of the deer. Sorry about the numbers going up. I have started stocking up again on some things. Enjoy your short week!
Thanks, we took a drive thru a cemetery that is not too far from us, and these deer were everywhere. I love to see them. Its disheartening that the new cases are rising, if everyone were only on the same page, we could have our lives back again. I'm kind of glad that they put us into the restricted code before the long weekend, that should deter some people from gathering.
@CarolDM (127018)
@Juliaacv I have photos as well, love seeing them roaming around free. People just will not do the right thing too often.
@m_audrey6788 (38788)
Here too. Many young ones are the one who just don`t care what is happening right now. They just do whatever they want to do and laugh at those who are following the rules of safety
When I go out in public, I even park my car away from others. I had someone in their car beside me attempt to open a door as I was on that side getting something from the backseat of my car. I had to tell (I don't ask when its something like this) them to shut their door, allow me 2 meters and exercise patience in waiting their turn.
@Juliaacv Oh yes. We should give time for others to go out of their way
Our numbers are bouncing around. We are lower then we were several months ago. I pray we stay low and that the numbers drop every day around the world.
The variant strains are terrible, and very catchy. We could get the Astra Zeneca shot but we feel it is not safe enough and are not willing to take it. They are perfecting the vaccines to handle the other strains, and that is what we are interested in.
Sorry to learn that the epidemic situation there makes a comeback ! Hope you and your family stay safe !
Thank you. There are so many variants, that is what is killing people currently.
@prinzcy (22631)
Cases are pretty low here lately. I hope people won't start neglecting the SOP because of that. Last thing that we need is rising cases before the Eid.
I hope that your cases remain low.
@RebeccasFarm (26816)
• Denver, Colorado
Hope you are enjoying your short work week days.
Thanks, we are busy, so that part is good.
We are gradually coming out of lockdown as cases are decreasing daily. Let's hope it doesn't spike again.
They are telling us that the only indoor guest that you should be having in for Easter is the Easter Bunny, nobody from another household. Things are as bad as they ever have been in our region, quite frightening to say the least.
@Morleyhunt (21281)
We are blessed to have our son and his family a short drive away....in the same zone and part of our "steady 10". We have not yet expanded to the "steady 15" permitted in Yellow, but hope to add another couple to our bubble in the next week or so. New Brunswick has been blessed with good geography and most people abiding by the guidelines set down. Northern NB affected by Quebec has had more difficulties. Easter will be spent with some of the family, but I do miss cuddling with my precious Sandra...FaceTime just isn't the same.
Yes, your area of NB has done wonderfully. London is not doing well at all. Personally I feel that it is more of a cultural thing then not. Some cultures just will not abide by the rules, and of course we have a heavy presence of those cultures here. I'm sure that Sandra misses you more then words can say also. She will always have the memories of time spent with you, and more importantly, the positive influence that you've had on her. Our son and my Dad spent alot of time together when he was young, and we credit alot of his traits to things that Papa taught him.
The virus is spreading Queensland too which is on the other side of the country to us but it's still worrying. I've forgotten but I think you're working from home. Is that right?
Yes, I am still working from home but lately they have been threatening that we will return to the office come early autumn.
@Dena91 (12319)
Sorry that there is a spike in your area. I hope with the lockdown the numbers will come down. Good thing you stocked up
Thank you, this feels so never-ending. I will have to stop watching the news, it made me cry this morning. I hate this feeling of helplessness, we need to stay home and plank the curve.
I am sorry to hear that. They say that the colder areas are having more problems with the virus. It is bad in Michigan here. Even the state of PA where I am going this weekend is not doing very well.
Yes, we get a few channels from Michigan and I cannot understand how some news anchors, who work from home, are taking time off because of covid. If you work from home you should be able to manage the rest of your waking hours when you are not working so that you are not out or around other people. That is how I've managed. Its funny because I just wear my 'home clothes' to work, and have for the past year, and they are wearing out, getting thin around the neckline. Pretty soon they will be rags and I'll have to wear better clothes for home. Just another trivial thought.
@popciclecold (18576)
Yeah, its bad everywhere..As many people as have lost their lives, people would be more careful. But not the case. Stay safe.