Good books I have read #1

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I just finished a book this morning! I loved this book called Death of a Gigolo by Lara Levine who is quickly becoming a favorite author. This book starts with a character named Jaine Austen (like the famous Jane Austen, but no relation to her). The interesting part is Jaine, the main character in this book, is a writer who is a freelance writer. Her neighbor Lance, got her a $10,000 helping Daisy Kincaid writing a book with an idea she has. it ends up she has a few sentences of what she wants to write the book about but Jaine has to write the book. she wants the book called 50 shades of turquoise. meanwhile, a very good-looking man, Tommy, comes to the door and says he is the nephew of Daisy's former companion, Emily who had an accident while hiking and wanted to visit Daisy as Emily has such nice things to say about her. Tommy or Tommy the terrible as everybody who works for daisy calls him lives up to his nickname. He bosses the staff around ad said he wants to manage people's money and Daisy hires him. Tommy proposes to Daisy and nobody is happy but Daisy she made one room into a gym for him and Daisy finds him dead on the tanning bed stabbed in the neck by the swiss army knife she bought him Jaine who has solved murders before and considers herself a semi-professional detective doesn't think that Kate, who the police think did it, is guilty so is helping clear her name it seems like everybody did it and the ending is very surprising! just when I thought A-Ha this person did it, Jaine finds somebody else who I thought did the murder Jaine orders out most of her dinners and always has a snack of some sort on her so she is my type of girl! her parents across the country in Florida (Jaine lives in Los Angeles emailing her often with details of their lives which are outrageous! this book has both the chance of being a favorite book of the year and best of all time! what have you read lately that you loved?
@DocAndersen (37998)
sounds like a good book! your endorsement is so excellent!
thank you! it was a terrific book that I couldn't stop reading!
@DocAndersen (37998)
@Marty1 those are the best - i am halfway through a snore book (i read 3 pages and fall asleep)!!!!
@DocAndersen oh no!! I think I may have read a few snore books but don't remember because i kept falling asleep while reading it seriously, i have learned to stop reading books that aren't that good because there are so many good books out there to read, and I hate to waste time on a bad book!
I like your review Jennifer, this looks like an interesting book to read.
Thank you! I just bought two books from Amazon that should come on Monday and i may review them here. It was a very interesting book, I learned a lot as I didn't know younger guys get into an older woman's graces to get her money! I plan on reading the rest of this series. I have the newest one on preorder to be delivered to me the day it is published!
@Marty1 It often happens, older lady like to have a young man bringing her to the restaurant or to go out and they pay the young men for that.
@LadyDuck oh! in the book I read he was after the lady's money. the lady was leaving her money to her household staff and he got her to sign over all of her money to him! he also proposed marriage to her after a few days! he intended to end it in divorce quickly!
@Tina30219 (69350)
• Onaway, Michigan
This book sounds good.
it is a great book! especially if you want something so funny it will make you laugh out loud the whole way through it!
@Tina30219 (69350)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Marty1 Just the type of book to read.
@Tina30219 have you read anything by Janet Evanovich? she is another funny writer! I can only comment on her "number" books as being funny. she wrote some romantic comedies but I have not read them yet!
@edisondanila (42852)
Seems to have a good plot. I loved "The Lost Island" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.
Thank you for giving me a suggestion! I think I have seen books by them on the shelves when i put returned books back when I volunteered at the library before Covid made it close. i will look it up!
@Marty1 I hope you enjoy that book.
@edisondanila I will have to look into the book and see if I can find it!
@JESSY3236 (14204)
I just read an awesome book called Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough. There is a Netflix show based on the book. I did watch the show.
thank you for your recommendation! I wrote down the name of it. I am going to look for it! I don't have Netflix for the show so I will read it instead! Does the Netflix show follow the book closely or does it not follow the book very much?
@JESSY3236 (14204)
12h
@Marty1 Yes the show does follow it pretty much. The only differences are that in the show Louise is black and I think Louise in the book is white. And in the book Adele had an abortion. They don't mention that in the show.
6h
@JESSY3236 Close enough. I know that sometimes in books unless it is mentioned right away I don't even realize what the color of the people who are in it. I have read books that give no description and sometimes I just assume what the person looks like and assign them a look! I am not sure, but abortion is a controversial issue, so they may not have wanted to bring it to screen. have you read the Handmaid's tale then watch it on Hulu? I ask as the next book from Margaret Atwood in that series called The Testaments is in the works for a streaming service. I forget which one! somebody I know read and loved the Testaments!
It sounds like a cute book. I haven't read any that I have loved lately but a few I have enjoyed. The Ani Taylor one i told you about is a good one.
that was how I felt like that in February, I liked but nothing to love about them. but in March I was reading excellent books