I may need to visit the doctor two months after I fell and hit my head

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I know I told everybody at the beginning of February that I fell asleep on my computer and woke up with a huge, painful bump on my head and a sore neck. Now two months later, I am still getting headaches and my neck hurts on the right side when I move it. also, I have been getting dizzy spells a few times daily since then. the dizzy spells are scary so my sister is coming over on Wednesday to take me to another type of doctor, we will ask him what to do. if not my sister wants to take me to my primary care doctor. I am so frightened of what he may find? I haven't done laundry in a while as I am afraid I will fall down the basement steps and hurt myself more as the floor is cement at the bottom. So we are going to try and pick up some basics at the grocery store without me fainting, after seeing that doctor. after that, my sister will come to my house and do my laundry for me. did you ever avoid a doctor because of being frightened of finding out something bad?
I would not be here if I had avoided seeing a doctor. Years ago my body TOLD me something was not good. I went to 3 doctors until the last one decide on a biopsy because he did not see anything in the other exams. I had a lymphoma that was treated with chemotherapy. I have been in complete remission for some years now.
I understand. I was like that 21 years ago when my parents started taking me doctor to doctor about what my parents thought was a heart issue (they didn't tell me until later)but it took months until we found a doctor who helped me. I finally found a doctor that put me in the ICU with a very weak heart that was later diagnosed as congestive heart failure. I am glad you are in remission.
@Marty1 Thank you. I´m specially glad that I´m in remission now. Hospitals are not safe from covid where I love now.
@marguicha I agree with you about hospitals and Covid. I would never go willingly into a hospital until the pandemic settles down
@DocAndersen (37330)
go see the doctor - that is really important! take care of you! we need your sunshine on MyLOT!!!!!
I may just ask my psychiatrist on Wednesday when I see him as while I adore my other doctors I don't trust my other doctors as much as my psychiatrist! you are s sweet but I thought that I brought black clouds to my lot!
@DocAndersen (37330)
@Marty1 no i love your posts - you share a tough journey and I am sure that helps many!
@DocAndersen Thank you! It is hard, but i have a new psychiatrist who is really helping me! I see him this week! I do hope i help at least one person! Hoppy easter!
I hate to go to see the doctor, I did not go when I hit my head, but I know that it is a lot better to go. Do not be afraid Jennifer, I am sure it's nothing serious.
I don't mind doctors for checkups as nothing usually happens bad at those when i get a checkup. I am afraid I will have something like an inoperable brain tumor
@Marty1 NO Jennifer, do not be afraid for something horrible you could have. You were fine before falling, it is surely something due to the fact that you fell.
@LadyDuck that makes sense. My sister is going with me to see Paul on Wednesday and going in to see him with me as she usually stays in her car. she says we will discuss it with him. I may go to the regular doctor as I spent most of Easter very dizzy
@Tina30219 (69183)
• Onaway, Michigan
No I have norm avoided a doctor because of being afraid of what I may find out. I hope they figure out what Ian going on and take care of the issue soon.
I am putting off going to the doctor. First, i want to ask my psychiatrist on Wednesday. Then I may think about going
@Tina30219 (69183)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Marty1 Right your psychiatrist may recommend you go to your doctor and be seen a different so you need to somthis can get taken care of
@Tina30219 I may go if he says that as I know he really cares about me. I am just afraid it will be something serious
@rakski (86711)
oh, I maybe not read that post. But anyway, I hope everything will be good. I really think you need some ct scan and other test why you have those dizzy spell. Always take care
I am afraid a CT scan will reveal something very bad like an inoperable brain tumor or something than that that is bad but i don't know could happen to the head when one hits it hard
@rakski (86711)
@Marty1 it is difficult for sure but it is better to know what you are dealing with than just fainting around
@rakski I only fainted that one time that started these headaches, neck pain, and dizziness. I am okay going around without fainting when I get a dizzy spell as I only live on one floor in my house, I don't use the attic and my sister is coming to wash my laundry and my sheets down the steps to the basement to get to the washing machine and dryer.
@kaylachan (16211)
I suffer from white coat syndrom. Basically, I hate going to the doctor, and will often have anxiety-like symptoms. Therefore, I avoid them as much as possible. The fear isn't nearly as bad, but I leave feeling defeated and annoyed. I'm no stranger to doctors and hospitals. Between my chronic illnesses and my parents' termenal ones, seeing the inside of a doctor's office or hospital wasn't anything new. I'm more familiar than I care to be with medical teremnology. So, I understand perfectly well what they're really saying. Which contributes to the fear sometimes. So, my avoidence of doctors is just general anxiety around them, then fear of learning something bad. Hell, I tend to know the "bad thing" before they do.
I am okay with my doctors as they are all so kind. but I get "white coat syndrome" if I think I have something wrong as I do read a lot about medicines but only because I am interested in it. but I can totally see your situation.
@kaylachan (16211)
@Marty1 I also don't trust them, because many I've encountered have really bad people skills. I refuse to go to a doctor without my husband, because I don't want to get bullied into doing something I don't want to do. I hope it's not too serious. Whatever's wrong with you. And, you should've been seen a lot sooner.
@kaylachan I have had some bad doctors in the past. Right now, I am lucky as all my doctors are wonderful. I go to two of them every six months and have no problems with it and my psychiatrist every two to three months or before that whenever I need to see him. I didn't get my head sooner as I am too afraid i will end up with something serious like an inoperable brain tumor. I have a lot of anxiety naturally.
@edisondanila (42428)
Good luck on your doctor's visit.
thank you! not sure if i will see the doctor about the dizziness, as Wednesday we see my psychiatrist
@Marty1 Ok my friend.
I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with you Jennifer, I wonder if you might have a concussion? Good thing your sister is taking you to the doctor to get an answer. Going to the doctor always gives me anxiety even if I'm only going for a basic checkup.
Thank you. The fact that there may be something wrong with me is what is making me not go to the doctor. I don't think it was a concussion as I got concussion protocol questions asked of me and I didn't have any. I am sorry, I think I explained myself wrong, but the doctor I am seeing on Wednesday can't give me an exact answer as he is my psychiatrist and a nurse practitioner of psychiatry. we are going to see him about a major change in my meds. I love all my doctors and go for checkups twice a year, it is just the dizziness that makes me not want to go.
@popciclecold (18144)
No, I haven't but it's a good thing your sister is coming and you will see a doctor. Hope everyhing is ok.
thank you! we will ask the doctor that I am seeing on Wednesday is my psychiatrist, so not sure how helpful that will be. but he is very good. so I do not know if I will see my primary care doctor.
@Marty1 Just hope it goes well for you.
@popciclecold thank you! I hope that I wake up one day and all is well.
Yes i have once, i believe. We really shouldn't though. Never know it could be a life saver to go
I am a bit worried but am trying to think positively and think nothing is seriously wrong with me!