Is This Good News or Bad News?

Denver, Colorado
I am excited to see the packed house. Others will say it is too soon. I have also read that business cannot keep up with how fast the economy is picking up right now here in the USA. They are so short of workers. Are you glad to see that things are looking up?
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/05/sports/baseball/rangers-blue-jays-capacity-photos.html?action=click&module=In%20Other%20News&pgtype=Homepage&utm_source=morning_brew
I just hope that this is true and not only political... do you see things improving around you?
• Denver, Colorado
Oh yes I do Anna. Many counties here are no longer requiring masks.
@RebeccasFarm Well, the fact that they do not require masks does not mean that it is safe not to wear masks. As a matter of fact I have noticed that your daily Covid cases went from 61,000 of Wednesday to 76,000 of Thursday... wait and see. Even should not be mandatory, I will continue to wear my mask.
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
Some what they are improving
@rakski (87513)
I hope the economy will be good for all of us
• Denver, Colorado
And me too
@rakski (87513)
• Israel
@RebeccasFarm I am being realistic and not getting my hopes up high for the business people here. They need to earn a living and know that. We also need for this virus to go away and not come back and be able to walk freely again without masks so I taking one day at a time approach. The last I read is that they will take a vote on whether or not that we can walk freely outside without masks on but still wear inside. I am waiting and seeing if they vote and if so what it will be. I still do not feel comfortable walking around with no mask at all on outside.
• Denver, Colorado
Yes I understand Hanni why you do not feel comfortable about that
• Israel
@RebeccasFarm Thanks my friend and I know you understand.
@CarolDM (126314)
Things have to gradually open up soon.
• Denver, Colorado
Yes have to Carol.
@CarolDM (126314)
@Dena91 (12232)
It is good things are getting back to normal finally
• Denver, Colorado
I hope it continues Dena. Here where I am they are cutting out mask wearing in some counties.
@Dena91 (12232)
@crossbones27 (36765)
• Redlands, California
Supposed to be what its about, everything catches up, meaning I am sure they will find a way to make it work. How America used to do.
• Denver, Colorado
Used to do is best thats right..
• Redlands, California
@RebeccasFarm Yeah now all blame, their fault. I do fall for it too.
@gamayngbaki (1042)
• Cebu, Philippines
Even if I'm not an American I feel very happy that the US is finally recovering from the economic slump you were suffering from for almost four years.
@porwest (42162)
What in the world are you talking about? The economy exploded and was extremely good under Trump. The only thing that slowed anything down was this fake pandemic. But that's what the democrats wanted so they could paint a picture of gloom and doom and win an election.
• Denver, Colorado
Yes the last four years...hmmm
It is nice to see a sense of normalcy coming back. However, I'd still be cautious and would like to see health and safety protocols still practiced.
• Denver, Colorado
Yes not soon enough to me Allen thanks
@RebeccasFarm either Texas shows up or we see record numbers again of CoViD-19 infections go up.
I hope so
• Denver, Colorado
Hi Grace me too as well
@YrNemo (18855)
Good to read news like that after 2020. I am a bit worried of the current situation between the world and China. Let hope we don't have something similar to the WWII.
• Denver, Colorado
I hope not too , that has definitely crossed my mind Darcy
Anything that looks to be positive is a good thing,
• Denver, Colorado
Yes it is thanks Sandra
I have mixed feelings about everything opening up so soon. We still have cases of the virus going up and up (of course not as fast as last year) but it still worries me that it will start to spread. Guess it will be a wait and see.
• Denver, Colorado
Yes it is worrying I agree Marilyn. Which way to go I say
I just hope that things would go back to normal without the virus. Glad that things are picking up but i hope it won’t be the reason of a virus spiking up.
• Denver, Colorado
Yes I do too thanks Toni.
@porwest (42162)
They are short of workers because the government is in the way, as usual. They have offered too much stimulus and too many unemployment extensions available, and for the moment, it has caused a good number of people to refuse to work in the interim. Once again the democrats cannot understand that letting things take a natural course is better than an unnatural one, and perhaps the underlying little secret is that the economy was never really as bad as anyone said it was.
• Denver, Colorado
I agree, I have seen some of this first hand Jim.
@porwest (42162)
@RebeccasFarm Even here we had a hell of a time trying to find a new warehouse guy. No one wanted to work.