House we looked at.

sky
Roseburg, Oregon
When we sold our house and moved to Oregon to buy a house here. It was hard to get the realtor to understand we wanted a move in ready home. I did not want to have to do any repairs. I wanted a home half the size. We had a four bedroom house in Colorado and I only wanted a two bedroom house in Oregon. Easy concept and this is what we found at first: A house that had no garage door. No we did not want that house. A house where the furnace and water heater were gone. No not that house. A house and this was really strange. Where they put a wall around the water heater. If you wanted to light the water heater you would have to take part of the wall down How very strange right? Next a house where you had to go outside the house and upstairs to get to the bedrooms. Not that house. A house where the garage was on top of the house. Really not kidding. Really strange. Last one before we told the realtor again a move in ready house. A house where the doors were all missing and there was holes poked in the walls every where, No now show us the normal houses. We have cash. Finally he started showing us move in ready houses and we found our house which I am very happy with.
IF we ever move to another house, I want a complete move in ready house too that I don't have to think too much about. This was our first house, so we didn't really know . . . now that we've lived in it, now we know what exactly we'd want in a house.
I got everything I wanted in this house. Two big bedrooms, dining room, garage, small yard and a corner house with a front porch. Half the size of the house in Colorado. We have half the money we got saved in a savings account for emergencies. Who could ask for anything more.
@jstory07 You got everything you wanted - and them some . You had a plan, you worked it out, and got it - AND you deserve every bit of happiness for it .
@noni1959 (7948)
It's frustrating when realtors don't listen. My son and I are looking at bare property at a coastal area as an evacuation property and to take the horses. I specifically said 1 1/2 to two acres, power near so if we put a structure on later or a RV pad, must be horse property and can put a mobile if want to and mostly level enough with grass for a building pad and the animals Our partnership, he puts the down and we share the payments and in the spring, I add what he put down to bring it down or pay off. He has constantly given us hilly forest property that needs cleared, no place to put a well, no nearby power but told us would be awesome for off the grid. I look up Landwatch and find a lot of properties we like but there is always an excuse. Pretty much, they want to sell the unsaleable. Next month, we will be at the coast for my birthday and plan to drive the hour and half down where there are quite a few for sale and hoping to find the owners to show us, bypassing the realtor or find a new one until we are ready.
How home realtors do not listen?
@noni1959 (7948)
@jstory07 Many are trying to move listings they were given that are almost impossible to unless someone is investing. I noticed some of the land we are pushed has been on the market two years or more. Red flags especially in todays market.
@noni1959 You know that is true.
@rakski (87513)
what weird houses you have seen
I have heard of worse houses but we did not go to those houses.
@rakski (87513)
@jstory07 good thing he showed some livable and normal houses
Thats one really stupid realtor .... what part of ready to move into didn't he get?
That is what we asked him. Than we got a list of houses and we told him we want to see these houses.
Sometimes it's worth switching to a different realtor that knows exactly what you're looking for.
@sunrisefan (27881)
Those are weird houses indeed.
They were and one had the washer and dryer outside by itself with just one wall.
@sunrisefan (27881)
@jstory07 Very strange people indeed who were constructing those houses.
@CarolDM (126324)
Why not start with the one you really wanted first, right!
You would think he would have done that.
@CarolDM (126324)
@jstory07 Oh well, glad you found the one you like.
@lidodo84 (23)
• Nanning, China
I like a ready house,too.Nothing special,just because I am a lazy woman,lol
Move in ready is the best way to go.
@crossbones27 (36765)
• Redlands, California
I think I would fire your realtor.
The rest here are just as bad.
@sallypup (44093)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I quickly grew to hate looking for houses in Oregon. Totally awful. Bidding wars that would not quit. I was the one who quit: I took my search to Washington state and found something quite livable.
I wanted to live near Wilsonville the town that was named after my great-grandfather Charles Wilson. But it was a bigger city than we wanted to be in.
Why on earth was he showing you those stupid houses?
That is what we asked him when my husband got mad. Than we found a bunch of houses and told him that we wanted to see these houses.
Why did the realtor do that?
Maybe he wanted to get rid of those house but not from us.
I have the opinion that realtors always start off with houses we don't want or that are too expensive or too cheap. It's probably a strategy for them to get the most out of the buyer.
We told him what we wanted to spend and he went lower than that and later higher which was ok,
@Nakitakona (40988)
That's too burdensome to find a new house to move on with those houses presented by your realtor to select from.
That is why we finally got a list and told him we want to see these houses.
@Nakitakona (40988)
@jstory07 That solves the burden. Goodluck.
@Nakitakona That was five years ago we are in our house now.
• Israel
@jstory07 Too bad he did not listen to what you really wanted in the beginning and he could have saved you the running around looking at places you knew were not for you. I am glad in the end it worked out.
I was glad to. It took us looking and giving him a list of homes we wanted to see.
• Israel
@jstory07 It is so frustrating when you are telling somebody something you want and they just do not listen and have no clue as to what they are doing. I am so glad you did find the right one in the end.
@oahuwriter (21312)
Well finally, you & everyone else wants a nice house.
Yes and we got a nice house. Just what I wanted.
@oahuwriter (21312)
@jstory07 That's wonderful! Oregon in news, new glacier found.
@RebeccasFarm (26217)
• Denver, Colorado
Such nonsense garbage they try to sell you Judy huh
Yes I just wanted to move in and have nothing to fix.
@kaylachan (16600)
Funny how the word "cash" can get you anything you want. I am not sure I'd want to go anywhere near any of those fixer-upers.
If I was twenty years younger i would have fixed them up but no to a house where you have to go outside to go to the bedrooms.
Nutty realtor. Glad you finally found your house.
And we gave his name to my sister in law.
@Rashnag (9343)
• Thane, India
Good to know that you got a house finally. Enjoy and stay safe. Take care dear
This is our forever house unless I want to move again.
@Rashnag (9343)
• Thane, India
@jstory07 ok dear
@DaddyEvil (37325)
I wonder why he wasn't listening to you over the type of house you wanted? That one where you had to go outside to reach the bedrooms sounds really strange! And I've seen houses where you had to remove part of the wall to reach the water heater. The last house we lived in was like that. When the water heater quit working the landlord had to remove part of the wall to replace it. And then never came back to put a new wall in.
Why do they do that. That is strange.
@DaddyEvil (37325)
@jstory07 I have no idea. I thought it was strange, too.