Wednesday, 7 April--check-in

It's 1 p.m. and a grey, chilly day at 50F/10C. It is to get down to just above freezing tonight, and supposed to rain off and on the rest of the day. Cooper and I went out this morning about 8:00 for a 15-minute walk. When we came home, he went back to sleep, and I had some leftover ham and boiled potato, with a sunny-side-up egg, and a cup of black coffee for my breakfast. He finally ate his food later in the morning. I have been taking care of some things here in my place, doing some reading, and continuing to watch the Derek Chauvin murder trial. I made a sandwich of tinned dorage (sea bream) with tomatoes and lettuce for my lunch. I also had a white dragonfruit for dessert. I was hoping to get the plants in pots today, but will wait until the end of the week, when the weather will be a little better. I bought three pepper plants, an eggplant start, and marigolds. I hope that I can get something out the four plants to pay for them in fruits! If the deer can find their food elsewhere, perhaps I will be lucky. I have another load of laundry in the dryer at the moment, so I will fold it. Other than that, I'm being pretty much restful today. I am not even sure what I will choose to cook for dinner. I did take out a small steak to defrost, so it may be that with a salad tonight. Just another boring day here in my world...
• Midland, Michigan
I made fish for supper as I wanted to try it with pesto which someone told me about. It was ok but I think I like tartar sauce better. We had the fish, mashed potatoes and asparagus for our meal. You are still getting temps at night close to freezing? Sounds like ours last week. Our night temps were 28 several days but at least we didn't get any ice. Just frost on the windshield.
I think it's supposed to be down to 34F tonight. I prefer fish without tartar or pesto. *laughs* I will sometimes make cocktail sauce for some seafood.
It is a duvet day here today. Though it's a nice temperature. I watched the movie, Giant.
I nearly put away my down comforter (laundered it last week), but it's dipping down in temperature still. I need to wait another month, I think. Did you enjoy the movie?
@TheSojourner I did. I've never watched it before.
@paigea I'll have to look it up and see about getting it through the library.
Hola Coralita! I plan to have a lazy day today as I donĀ“t have clothes to wash and my fridge has several leftovers. AS O wrote in a post, I got myself a gardener so hopefully with his help the garden will get better by and by. Have a lovely day!
Glad you got help for your garden! Enjoy the evening!
@marguicha is he an adult? I'm glad that you found him. And I'm glad he found you.
@TheSojourner He must be 20 or so. I confess that I hired him at first BECAUSE he was deaf. I thought that no narcotics gang would be interested in him. As it is, he seems a very nice young man. Before he went away, he wrote in my pad "I will help you"
We also had a cold night and the air was chilly when I went out grocery shopping this morning. I like the sea bream is a tasty fish. I re potted some tomato plants because they are getting pretty big, but they stay inside until the temperature does not go up.
I had never had the sea bream/dorade. I found this at TJ's in a tin with olive oil. It smells very different than other fishes I've eaten. I didn't care for the odor, but the taste was fine. We cannot grow tomatoes well here in our area.
@TheSojourner I bought the dorade fresh in Italy, I cannot remember a different smell from other kind of fish. The tomato plants I am growing from seedling are already a couple of feet long, I hope for a nice season so I can move them outside.
@LindaOHio (62719)
It's going to be 80 today. I may have to turn on the AC. Nothing going on here today. Hubs has a doctor's appointment.
That's a bit warm for my liking. Hope you are doing well.
@LindaOHio (62719)
@TheSojourner Doing OK. Sorry to hear that Cooper is testing your authority!
@wolfgirl569 (39058)
• Marion, Ohio
I have not watched any of the trial. Have followed a little online about it. Your dinner sounds good. We had summer sausage and grilled cheese
That sounds really good!
@wolfgirl569 (39058)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner I didnt feel like cooking. Did heat some green beans too
@wolfgirl569 it works for me
@prinzcy (22631)
I also don't have any plan for dinner yet. If this goes on, I'll just make myself cocoa drink or just eat whatever.
I had a frozen dinner from Trader Joes in the freezer. Thank goodness for the microwave. LOL
@FourWalls (32467)
Boring is good. I have to do laundry tonight, too, the typical Thursday ritual after golfing Wednesday. Have a great day, and give Cooper a big kiss for me!!!
I am sorting through clothing that has been sitting forever in baskets, some folded, and putting some in the donation boxes. I finally hung things up. So many things I haven't worn for awhile. Depression really f*cked up my living, so I am realizing. I have been wearing the same two pair of workout pants six months, and a few t-shirts. Wouldn't have known what to do if I had to see someone. Hoping to get myself completely out of this and live normally again. LOL Cooper has been duly kissed.
@sallypup (44135)
• Moses Lake, Washington
It's warm enough at your place to put pepper plants out? I won't put pepper and tomato starts out until maybe next month. Safeway is selling baby tomato plants right now. I hope everyone that lives here is smart enough not to buy those baby tomatoes.
I haven't planted yet, but will cover them if it gets too cold.
Sometimes boring is good compared to what could be happening.
Truth!!
@noni1959 (7948)
It's a cold 46 and overcast but the rain hasn't made it yet. We'll have more ice tonight. I'm leaving in about ten minutes to take one of my granddaughters to her dentist and her church activity. Had some rice with edaname, carrots, peas, water chestnuts and ground beef. I think dinner will be a smoothie. I never heard of sea bream.
Have a great evening!