Good morning that should be warm again! ! + a day later: report on my doctor's visit yesterday

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
yesterday I wrote on my good morning post that I had to go to my injection again in my busy day. by the way, my day is free! my case manager told me when she called on Tuesday that she would call today but i have no idea what time as she never knows when. she will sometimes call me at 8:30 am as I am her only client up that early! I don't think that I mentioned my sister was taking me as I was seeing my psychiatrist (Paul) too and she wanted to talk to him. Paul mentioned when I saw him two weeks ago he was going to consult others about a new antipsychotic for me I won't be taking it as I would have to be in the hospital again to be closely monitored on it he asked me if I would mind if he talked to my sister alone and when he called me back to his office he said he wants to talk to my case manager and she texted my sister and has no problem talking to him even though i want to stop my injections he asked me with so much kindness to be patient with him I couldn't turn him down he says wair until I see him in a month on May 5th my sister told me that he suggested I have in-home care I think a nurse would come to my house for my injections when I need them and I would get a new case manager who would come to my house, too. I have a peer and my sister mentioned a peer but don't know if I would get a mew one or not. that would be perfect as my anxiety goes way too high for my injections he is the first psychiatrist I ever had who I feel has my best interest at heart and TRULY wants to help me not just prescribe me more meds or throw me in the hospital like my doctors have done in the past. How was your day yesterday? do you have any plans for today?
@rakski (87846)
I hope everything goes the way it would be best for you
thank you so much! I think I can handle home care so going to hope for that!
@rakski (87846)
@Marty1 hope so too
@noni1959 (7948)
I hope this doctor continues to be in your life. Home care would be good. It all sounds so promising.
I hope he stays in my life for a long time. it is promising if I could get home care. but at the same time, i am frustrated as I have to get anxious again to go to another injection( i forget the date I just keep track of going every other Wednesday (and they send me an email before it! =) i do see him the injection after the next one which will be may 5th (they already scheduled me for an appointment for not the doctor and nurse who gives me my shot in that day one after the other.
@DocAndersen (37998)
i would hope that all doctors and medical professionals have your best interest at heart. But I do understand the importance of what you said, the first one you feel cares about your situation. that is critical!
my last doctor was a joke and so were all my past ones! Paul cares about me as much outpatient as he cared about me as an inpatient (he works in the hospital in the morning every weekday) my sister said he told her he remembers me from the hospital
@DocAndersen (37998)
@Marty1 i would defend doctors, but it is more a personality thing than a doctor thing. Some doctors just aren't a good fit for you as a person.
@DocAndersen the sad thing was my last doctor had no personality at all! my last doctor also told me anything he could give me for anxiety combined with my other meds would make me too tired then told me to take THREE Benadryl in the afternoon yet! Paul, my doctor, spent a half-hour going through a medicine book that had meds in it and found the only one that won't make me tired the first time I saw him an outpatient that is at the end of last December!!
I am really glad that Paul asked to talk to your sister and also to your case manager. He is really a good doctor and he is doing everything he can to help you. It is a good idea to have a nurse coming to your home for your injection, it is a lot less stressful for you. I went grocery shopping this morning, I bought fresh vegetables and strawberries.
@Marty1 Paul is the nicest doctor you had, he is there for you and he is trying to help. I am glad if you have a case manager coming and also a therapist, I am sure they can be of great help. I am sorry you could not find the apples for your sister. Most people has flu like symptoms during 24 hours after the vaccine. She did the right thing staying in the car. I am glad that she did your laundry. You are lucky to have such a great sister, how nice to bring you the filet mignon. I love steaks, it is a long time that I do not have one.
@Marty1 You were lucky to find Paul, most doctors see us only as a way to make more money. I did not know that your sister has diabetes, I have heard that those with some health conditions had more serious side effects. I hope she is fine now. I know that you were concerned about doing your laundry, now you can relax. I am so glad that your sister buys the best for you. I can understand that not having a lot of money it is important to pay attention how you spend your money. My Daddy always bought the best for me.
@LadyDuck I was lucky to find Paul happened by accident! my injection nurse picked him out when my last one retired. she told me she didn't realize we knew each other when i told her i knew him! Yes, she has been diabetic a long time. her friend who also is diabetic said everybody she knows with it has bad side effects with high fevers i needed hand towels and some clothes to wear around the house washed! yes, my sister is the best! daddy gave me the best! he let me have the yogurt i wanted! luckily mommy hated grocery shopping so she sent daddy and he would ask me along and let me have what i preferred!
@m_audrey6788 (38788)
Good Morning to you over there. Good thing is that you have a doctor whom you can trust. I hope you get better soon Take care always
thank you! yes, this doctor really cares and shows it no other doctor has cared as much as i feel he does!
@Marty1 That`s good. I hope you`re having a great day
@m_audrey6788 thank you! so far my day is okay but it can go any which way as it is only 3:30 in the morning here now!
I hope that it all works out for the best, I don't blame you for anting someone with your best interests at heart.
thank you! right now Paul my doctor is going slowly as he really cares for me. When he talked to my sister without me in his office, she told me he remembers me in the hospital (he works inpatients in the morning then outpatients in the afternoon) so I think he is trying to find help for me no other doctor cared enough to do.
The only plan that I will do is to work online. I hope things will be fine at your side
thank you! I think I will be fine as I am finally under the care of a doctor who cares about me!