best dinner in five years yesterday! what was your dinner?

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I didn't want to go to my sister's house for Easter dinner and stayed home with a ham steak and had a delicious sandwich of it. (my sister and her husband came over for a visit around 10:30 am on Easter morning for a holiday visit!) she emailed me late Easter night saying she forgot to ask me if I like filet mignon as she bought three, two for her and her husband and one for me (my nephew won't eat anything that he describes as having had a face at one time. in other words vegetarian .before he realized meat was alive he just didn't like the taste of meat' I have not had a steak of any kind since mommy died five years ago on April 13 th of this year so my sister brought me my first filet mignon in those five years. my sister said she will get me one and make it for me the next time she buys them! , my sister cooks her differently than mommy( mommy and i had them once a month for a treat) she did it at her house but she cooks it differently than mommy. she told me she fried it on the stovetop five minutes on each side. then puts them in the oven for 8 minutes on both sides. she kept them in longer as one was so thick it was too rare to eat .. mommy fried hers but I don't know how long. Probably longer than five minutes as she didn't put in the oven but i am sure she cooked it longer as she was petrified of not cooking whatver meat she was cooking enough as she didn't give us food poisoning. mine was divine! i ate the whole thing in one sitting! I could not eat the slice of cheesecake that i bought at the grocery store before dinner! I am having chicken fingers tonight that my sister brought me too! i don't think she made them. i don't know where she got them as they were both in the same type of plastic container. she says i can keep both of the containers! which thrilled me as I love things like that for the kitchen! what did you have for dinner last night?
@rakski (87513)
what an awesome dinner you got! we just ate dinner. We had chicken and salad
what a time difference between us! I am just about to have my breakfast of yogurt!
@rakski (87513)
@Marty1 oh yes, I will be sleeping soon. and I am ahead of you so I can say I am from the future???
@rakski now I know who I can contact when I wonder what will happen to me some days!
@m_audrey6788 (38409)
Sounds good. Glad you enjoyed it. We had some cream of mushroom soup last night dinner.
that sounds yummy! did you eat anything else with it?
@Marty1 Yes with some grilled chicken
@m_audrey6788 That sounds extra yummy! I am having chicken today, too!
@DocAndersen (37782)
that sounds delightful, we had a fast dinner of taco salad!
I almost went to taco bell for the rest of the week yesterday as my doctor's office has a Taco Bell in the parking lot that is new! we watched them build it for years! I asked the receptionists what took them so long while they were building it and at one time they lost the contract and stopped building mid-way. it opened last December! i bought too many groceries so didn't think I would have room in the refrigerator for tacos! i have just enough room for groceries!
@DocAndersen (37782)
@Marty1 on Sunday our frig is full but by Friday is it picked over!
@DocAndersen my fridge is always full as I have a bad habit of buying one of everything when I grocery shop! how often do you shop? i was going to Walmart and having it delivered once every two weeks but decided since the weather is improving I will take uber grocery shopping
Mmm I'm so glad you enjoyed the Filet Mignon. I had Arby's last night for dinner and today it will be the chicken on pita, no pita, very very soft chips (my cheat), ranch and tzaziki.
@Marty1 we get the coupons in the mail too. We usually have arby's twice a week. I wish my family would let me cook more, but they don't want me to cook more. They like getting fast food. Yes, it is salad dressing, but it's thin and made in the restaurant. It's delicious and I use it to dip my chips in them.
@Marty1 All that sounds yummy. I only eat chips from this restaurant. We've been ordering from them twice a week now, and it's the only cheat I allow myself.
@ScribbledAdNauseum with how well you do with eating keto, you are allowed to have cheats! it may not actually be considered cheats as they aren't all you eat that day is it?
@kobesbuddy (122398)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Fillet mignon is delicious, I'm glad you enjoyed it, Jennifer! And tell Parker, its face has been gone for a long time
you are right it was delicious! Parker refuses to eat meat as long as it had a face somewhere! he is a very quiet and gentle boy!
@kobesbuddy (122398)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Marty1 Tell him that we raise special cattle and chickens, without faces! LOL
@kobesbuddy I wish we could tell him that but he is a genius! (at least according to my UNBIASED opinion!) i don't know why nobody else sees that in him!
I'm glad you enjoyed your steak!! I haven't had steak in ages so my mouth was watering just reading about your dinner. We had pasta last night
I am sorry your mouth was watering! you better put the steak on your grocery list now so you don't forget! what way did you have your pasta?
@Marty1 I had spaghetti with sauce and a leftover piece of chickrn I'm definitely going to have steak soon
@Marilynda1225 the idea of steak sounds great! do you know how to make steak? I love spaghetti! I have to make it soon as I have some homemade meatballs my sister made me and froze them and I want to use them
Sounds so delicious. Happy you enjoyed all your meals.
it was delicious! My sister told me that the next time she makes filet mignon that she will cook me one too!
Great that you are so happy with your meals
thanks! i am very happy with what my sister brought me and what I got already cooked or partially cooked at the grocery store!
@Dena91 (12232)
Your dinner sounds great. I had to work at the church so Mike had made us a cheeseburgers and some onion rings. Hit the spot. Have a blessed day.
ooh cheeseburgers! I don't make cheeseburgers as they wait until they hit the pan to fall apart I don't really cook like that. I only make boxed macaroni and cheese, scrambled eggs and hot dogs, and chicken casserole with chicken I buy cooked. I only cook the noodles for the chicken casserole and heat it in portions in the microwave instead of heating in the oven every other thing I eat comes cooked from the grocery store cooked and ready to heat in the microwave