Time To Slack A Little

Hello myLot friends. Its been a very busy and productive morning in my life today. I was up really early with my hubby to get him out the door on time for work. Then I showered, dressed and was out the door to pick up our meat order. Normally it is a nice drive out to the abattoir, but today was more of a challenge then nice. It began to lightly drizzle rain. I was happy to make it both there and back without any incident. You have to really watch for deer out there, I saw a herd of about 5 or 6 but they were not on the road when I was passing. And of course I had to take my hub's SUV, as the order never would have fit into the trunk of my car. I brought it in and packed it all away. They had it in 4 boxes of about 50 pounds per box. I don't lift weights, but after lugging those boxes in today, I guess I can say that I do, or did. And no......its not for me. I think that the rest of today I will slack a little, I've done enough working for 1 day.
@kobesbuddy (123965)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I saw Jay out the door this morning, he had physical therapy at 10:00A for his back. It's about 98% better!:) We had a thunder shower early this morning, it really came down! Now, it's cloudy but no rain.
It would be so nice if we got a rain and then it moved on, but its just muggy and drizzly this morning.
@kobesbuddy (123965)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv We needed this rain so badly! April is usually a soggy wet month, this year it wasn't for Michigan.
@kobesbuddy Yes, we need rain badly also. My slacking time is almost over, I just finished vacuuming and mopping and noticed that they are offering overtime today, so I will work a couple of hours, then have the afternoon off-to slack.
You surely did enough for today. We went to IKEA this morning, so many people, I did not feel safe, I got what I needed as fast as I could and we came back home. This afternoon I decided to start the hard work to dig the vegetable garden to be ready to move the plants outside. I am going to take a bath soon because I am exhausted.
You had a busy morning. We went to a garden nursery yesterday, it was so crowded that we walked in and then turned around and walked back out, too many people to feel safe. I just finished vacuum cleaning and mopping and noticed by my work app that they are offering overtime this afternoon, as we are busy, so I signed up and will spend part of my afternoon working.
@Juliaacv I had a busy morning and a hard work in the garden in the afternoon, I hope I will sleep well. Good idea to accept the overtime work, some more money is surely always welcome. Have a great Monday.
@LadyDuck Yes, so busy, glad that I am helping out.
I agree that after lugging all those boxes and putting all that meat away you deserve to slack off. Can't wait to hear about all the good meals you'll be making with the meat
I had to call them to ask about something marked on some of the packages that I did not recognize. He told me it is a beef cutlet. I am super excited to try those, and when I checked my list, we have 12 of them. Judging by the size and shape of the packages, there must be 2 wrapped together, so we have 12 meals of that. I told him that we do alot of grilling at this time of the year, so we did not get a ton of roasts, I asked for some o the roasts to be cut up into stewing beef, which will be nice for the fall. We still ended up with 15 roasts, which is plenty. Our son told me that he wants Dad to show him how to use the rotassarie on the barbeque so that he can do roasts on it. They are so nice done that way.
@Juliaacv I LOVE beef so my mouth is watering right now. I'm sure getting all that beef from the butcher is 100% better than anything you can get at the supermarket. I haven't had a good roast since before Covid. I'm curious about beef cutlets and how you're going to prepare them.
@Marilynda1225 I believe that I will prepare them similar to a veal cutlet.
• Israel
@Juliaacv I love the flower in the picture. I hate when I am out and it starts to drizzle and then the rain comes and no fun. I am glad you made it both there and back with no incident. I do not have to worry about deer here but bikes and motorcycles and people stopping right where they are and having to check their cell phones. I would say you got quite a work out with the order. You deserve to take care of yourself. It starts like you had a very busy morning yesterday. I hope today is better. It is the next day here.
It was a very busy day, but I slept like a baby last night so it is all good.
• Israel
@Juliaacv I am glad for you that you slept like a baby. Most nights I cannot sleep good and sometimes if so tired I do sleep.
@Hannihar I know what you mean, typically I do not sleep really well either. Last night I went to bed early, around 8pm, and slept soundly until I woke for a quick bathroom trip around 5, but then back to bed and asleep until around 7 which was when I got up for the day.
@HazySue (37679)
• Inverness, Florida
It sounds like you deserve a rest. Enjoy the rest of your day.
I kept busy all the day long yesterday, went to bed early and slept like a baby. Today is a new day, and I have to work in a little while.
@HazySue (37679)
• Inverness, Florida
@Juliaacv Don't work to hard.
@HazySue Me....no, I hardly work.
@thelme55 (68184)
You can take a rest now. You deserve it after a days hard work.
You are going to think that I am crazy, but they are offering overtime at work this afternoon, so I signed up.
@thelme55 (68184)
@Juliaacv No, you are not crazy. You just love working.
@thelme55 The beef that we got today really lowered the balance on our bank account, so I just wanted to help build it back up again.
@Rashnag (11217)
• Thane, India
Good to know. Take rest. Have a good day
Thank you, you have a great day today also.
@Rashnag (11217)
• Thane, India
@Juliaacv your welcome dear
Seem like it rained everywhere today!
It is raining here this morning again.
@Juliaacv here too, today the 5th.
@CarolDM (130889)
Busy day here as well. Beautiful photo. Glad you had a safe trip. Rain here too.
Before we down-sized our home, we had a huge koi pond in the back yard. I love water lilies.
@CarolDM (130889)
@Juliaacv They are so pretty.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Beautiful flower. Share with us a photo of the deer next time. I only see them in pictures
Oh, I didn't dare stop to take a photo of the deer.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Juliaacv no worries my friend.
You deserve slacking a bit ! It is all strenuous work.I am surprised that you see much of deers there.
The cities continue to grow and take up space that was formerly farmland and bush, which leaves the deer homeless, so that is why we see them.
@JESSY3236 (14274)
That's alot of weight. It stormed alot yesterday. I had to go several places yesterday. I didn't like being out in the rain. Today it's sunny.
It is alot of weight when you are not used to lifting like that. We are stocked up on our beef until the end of this year I believe. It is starting out as a rainy morning this morning, I am ready for some sunshine.
@wolfgirl569 (40165)
• Marion, Ohio
You got a good workout
I did get a good workout, I went to bed really early and slept like a baby all night long.
I could never pick up a 50 pounds of whatever, way too heavy for me,
It was 202 pounds in total, and I don't know if that weight was before freezing or after. I would imagine that after frozen the weight is higher. We have such a nice selection of beef from that order, even some filets and cutlets. But tonight, we have to eat up the last of the old beef, I have some burgers made up that I will prepare.
Well, it looks like you got a lot of exercise so enjoy the rest of your day.
Thanks, I even worked a little overtime to help build up the balance after buying all of that meat.
@Nevena83 (61813)
• Serbia
Oh, that's a lot of pounds. It can definitely be said that you lifted weights today.
It was enough lifting for me.
@Janet357 (72137)
am just wondering how many kinds of meats did you buy this timE?
We got a hind quarter of beef. There is an array of cutlets, steaks, roasts and ground beef and filets.
Yes, heavy lifting is tiring. I think you earned your rest.
Thank you, its so nice to be able to kick back for a while and just chill with friends here. I just checked my app for work, and they are offering overtime today, so I may take a couple of hours, that quarter of beef was expensive.
@Dena91 (12863)
You have had a busy morning. Relax and enjoy the rest of your day
I am enjoying my time here now, no better way to relax for me today.
@Starkinds (31163)
Good evening dear
Its mid morning here, but I take it that it is evening on your side of the world, have a relaxing evening.