I met a man in the store.

We both were at the very end of the very long line. Long is an understatement since the line was all the way to the front by the registers. He was highly upset about the placement of the line. I was there and he said miss and I turned around and he poured out his soul. I know I am considered too friendly but I listened and we chatted all the way until we got to the front of the line. He was with a woman for 4 years and bought her a car. Two months after she began driving she had an accident and died. He had tears forming in his eyes. my knees buckled I wanted to cry. The man sounds angry because he was mainly talking about his native place and how he does not trust Trump. Lord knows I don't want any conversations about Trump. Regardless of anything I just don't. He told me about his son that works in a high Gov place and him working in construction. I can't lie he reminded me of Archie bunker and that Italian accent was pleasing to listen to. He asked me can I call him at 8 pm tonight to talk to him. I took out my phone and he watched me put the number on the phone. I am so sorry he hurts like that. Can you imagine buying someone a car and they die in it? He may never get over the pain. I guess I would not either if it were me.
@akalinus (36287)
Things like that happen. Just be very careful. I got life stories from people in line before but not so much anymore. Maybe it is the social distancing to keep us apart.
Times change and he is elderly I just hope he is not always alone. I know He will be waiting on my call. I will be prompt at 8 pm.
@akalinus (36287)
@sharon6345 Don't let him know where you live until you know him better.
@akalinus A good piece of advice!
Walk away...just walk away
That is not nice he was very kind and sweet.
@LindaOHio (64085)
That's really rough. Just be careful in case he wants to start meeting with you, etc.