I Had a WOW Interaction

I just finished work a little while ago. One of my calls was a woman, she went on to tell me that she is recently retired. She retired as an RN last January. I thanked her for her service to our community. She went on to say that she worked at 1 of the local hospitals until the late 80's and then went to the new Childrens' Hospital. She worked there for the remainder of her career. I told her that it is a special person who can work in that field. I told her that my hubs and I had a very sick baby who was admitted to that hospital and we were enveloped in care and compassion by the nursing staff. She teared up and asked me what year it was. When I told her, she said she was there at that time. I told her that on the day our daughter was discharged, after all of the must do's were met (x-ray, lab work and pharmacy appointments), a nurse took my hubby by the elbow, and brought him into the room behind the nursing station. There she asked him to unzip his winter coat, and she packed ready to feed bottles of formula into his jacket. Oddly enough, that was on a Monday, and unbeknowst to her, she gave him just enough to last until Saturday, the day that she passed away. She broke down into tears on the phone, telling me that she had done that. I think that our paths crossed back in 1991 at the Childrens' Hospital. It was a wow interaction, which had nothing to do with banking at all.
I cannot believe this! It is incredible, after so many years the person who called you was the same nurse who take care of your baby and was so nice with your husband. It is incredible.
It was so amazing, it just made my day.
@Juliaacv I am sure that she was also emotional remembering that day.
@LadyDuck Yes, we both teared up. I am very personal with my customers that I speak with on the phone.
Aw, that is a sweet story.. though sad ending.. and awesome she remembers back then.
It was amazing really, she was there to help us when we needed it and yesterday I was there to help her when she needed it.
@Juliaacv right. I love it.
@CarolDM (130898)
Wow that was a special phone call. I know that was very a special moment for both of you.
It was amazing, such a special interaction.
@CarolDM (130898)
@Juliaacv I have had a few of those rare moments. Happy for you.
That is a WOW interaction. I think your paths were meant to cross again.
It was just so cool.
@Juliaacv I can imagine.
What a small world and how ironic that your paths crossed over a phone conversation. I do believe it was divine intervention that your paths crossed. Wow!
It was amazing, there is no other word for it.
@Juliaacv I had one like that too. I was adopted when I was a tiny baby from a place in NYC called the Foundling Hospital. When I graduated from high school I went back there to study nursing and got my degree in baby nursing. I worked in the hospital with all the orphaned babies thinking and hoping they would find perfect homes. The old job my daughter worked at she was in contact with this other girl who worked in another office that they did work with. Somehow in conversation it came up that she was also adopted and was a tiny baby at the hospital at the same year I was working there. It's probable that she was one of those babies I would feed and rock and pray would find a good home. Now she and I feel as if we have an unspoken bond. Isn't that ironic!
@kareng (34327)
OH my! That was a divine interaction!! Hugs to you!
It was so amazing.
@kareng (34327)
@Juliaacv Will be a cherished memory now forever!
I am speechless that is wow for sure.
Can ya believe it? I mentioned to her the name of the city that we used to live in, and she seemed really intense after that, almost like she remembered us.
@Juliaacv That is amazing for sure.
@RebeccasFarm (29426)
This is so very special.
It was amazing.
Oh my goodness - more stars aligning. What an incredible interaction.
Yes, the stars were aligning over me.
Oh my goodness. Reading this brought tears to my eyes.
It was amazing, her and I were both crying a bit during our conversation.
@1creekgirl (25186)
That is amazing. It brought tears to my eyes. I think God arranged that conversation for both of you.
Isn't life wonderful when you ver off of the path just for a moment or two? I'm sure that I was speaking with Brittany's nurse.
OMG. You met that nurse again
@Nevena83 (61813)
• Serbia
Oh, God, a wonderful and sad story.