Got These Today

@wolfgirl569 (40015)
Marion, Ohio
I was very happy with this win. I paid 22.52 including the tax for all of those. I have already filled 4 hanging baskets and will do at least 6 more. I will keep a couple of the baskets to enjoy myself. The others will go back to the auction. I should come out ahead with ease on these. We stopped and I got feed for those ornery birds. I was able to save a little bit on it. She had a bag that had got ripped open. So gave me a discount on it. The turkeys were yelling at me when we got here. The feed made those little gobblers happy. I will be glad when I can start sorting through the birds and cut back. But that is a couple of months away yet at least. I was talking to an Amish lady at the auction. She is hoping to have baby guinea fowl soon this year. I can get just 2 or 3 from her instead of having to buy 6 at the store. So hopefully I will still get those this year. The turkeys are trying to be noisy until then at least. It was a busy but good day.
That's good that you might get guinea fowl straight from the breeder. Your hanging baskets will look lovely.
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
I hope she has some hatch out.
@Shxrubia (2684)
The flowers are so beautiful
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
Thanks
Your flowers are beautiful, glad you had a good day.
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
Thanks
@ptrikha_2 (30922)
The flowers look so beautiful. It makes one happy when one gets things of one's choice at prices that suits one. Njoy your Wednesday!!
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
Thanks. I waited all day but it was worth it
@ptrikha_2 (30922)
@wolfgirl569 That is good !
@Janet357 (71940)
These are beautiful flowers! I think doing auction is fun. Doing buy and sell.
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
Thanks It is fun
@DaddyEvil (39062)
Turkeys always talk at the tops of their voices... It's hard to get them to shut up. But I've heard that guinea fowl are that way, too. (Dad always said he wouldn't have guinea fowl on the farm. He never said why that I can remember, though.) I'm not crazy about petunias. I hope you enjoy them and make a good profit on them.
@DaddyEvil (39062)
@wolfgirl569 Petunias always smell bad to me. *shrug* I love moss rose. (I've got some sprouts from the ones I had last year in a glass in the kitchen window I'll plant them when it gets a little warmer here.) We had a hanging pot of fuchsia last year, too. One side of the pot bloomed while the other side had problems. I don't know what I did wrong with them. My black beauty gladiolas have sprouted and my purple oxalis has sprouted, too. The chocolate mint is trying to climb in our front door. (I made a cup of tea from some of his leaves yesterday. YUM!) Black beauty gladiolas. Picture from the package I bought and planted last year.
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
@DaddyEvil I have to get glad bulbs yet. I have to dig them up each year and forgot them Sometimes my moss rose comes back and other times it dont. For the fuchsia it might have been getting to much sun. They are a full shade plant. Thats all I can think of. I have spearmint by where the cats hang out They dont get as many fleas as they did before I planted it. I do want to get more mint plants this year too.
@DaddyEvil (39062)
@wolfgirl569 Pretty has three different flavored Mint plants. The chocolate mint by the front door, orange mint at the other end of the flowerbed and plain mint on the other side of the house. Moss rose usually doesn't come back here. It might seed itself but mine didn't produce seeds last year. (I was going to send some seeds from it to a myLot friend in the Philippines. *shrug* We both missed out. I'll need to buy another basket of it this year.) The fuchsia was in a hanging basket we kept up by the roof on our front porch. I thought I had it in the shade. I'm not sure, maybe I didn't. Thanks for the information. Mom never had to bring her gladiolas in over the winter, so I didn't think I'd need to, either. I was thinking I may not have gotten the bulbs quite deep enough since the flower stalks fell over when they were full of blooms last fall. I kept telling Pretty we needed to dump another bag of potting soil on them before they sprouted but we didn't get that done.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I'm glad it was a good day for you. Beautiful flowers. Buying from Amish lady is a great decision
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
Thanks. Yes the stores cant sell less than 6 to a person by state law. Private seller can
• Nairobi, Kenya
@wolfgirl569 That's a very strict law. But I'm glad you got another alternative
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
@mildredtabitha They started it to keep people from buying 1 or 2 as Easter presents. Didnt make a difference as people just buy and split them up with a friend.
@sallypup (44334)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That is a good buy for all those flowers. I plan to go to a garden center tomorrow morning. I want to buy summer garden plants- tomatoes and such.
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
I already have the odd garden plants I wanted in the greenhouse. We stopped and got those a couple of weeks ago.
@sallypup (44334)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@wolfgirl569 I'd love to have a greenhouse. It would have to be sturdy cause we get sudden mini tornado wind gusts.
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
@sallypup We get some very strong winds. These have held up well but I do set them where they get some wind break also. I would love to have a huge one
@CarolDM (130225)
Wow that is a great deal. So pretty.
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
Thanks. It just takes patience there.
@CarolDM (130225)
Those are prett, they will look great in the hanging baskets.
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
Thanks. Another week and the 4 baskets will be looking real good.
@wolfgirl569 I am finally clearing the areas invaded by weeds and messed up during winter.
I'm glad you got the flowers and the feed. Your chickens and turkeys are happy. Good luck on getting the guinea fowl.
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
Turkeys are very happy. They eat almost constant
@wolfgirl569 I'm glad they're happy.
Thanks a great price! They make for beautiful hanging baskets.
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
Thanks. They really do, And the red, white and blue sells great. At that auction 2 hanging baskets full would cost me more than I spent yesterday.
9h
@wolfgirl569 I’m sure!
@LindaOHio (64085)
Another score at the auction! I'm glad the turkeys are happy now. Have a good one.
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
It took all day to get the prices I wanted
Your hanging baskets will be beautiful, you've got a pretty choice of flowers and colours.
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
I always try to have a red white and blue basket by the 4th of July
@kaylachan (17797)
Sounds like a lot of fun. What you did aquire is pretty though.
@wolfgirl569 (40015)
• Marion, Ohio
They are