Empty Buildings

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
...empty buildings should not be allowed. There are plenty of places for people to live and share on this earth. No one should be without a roof. That is my stance and something that really irks me. I just read that there are nearly 2000 odd schools in Oxford that are sitting empty for instance. These buildings could house the homeless. Yes many homeless people do squat inside empty buildings, but that is not the point. Humanity is so wasteful and unconcerned about their fellow humans. I also know there are people who think, oh, if only the homeless would pull their boot straps up..nonsensical rant in most cases. What do you think about this?
https://www.westword.com/news/denver-buying-motel-to-turn-into-homeless-shelter-hancock-degette-11963668
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
I think they should be made into low income housing.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Right April
• Angeles City, Philippines
That's a big yes for me. Let's hope they could think of this idea or suggestion.
@FourWalls (33599)
It bothers me when I see all these big warehouse-style buildings being built, while the ones that are already built are half-empty. I’ve often wondered why a church or someone doesn’t just buy an old empty Kroger building and open it up for the homeless, then I realized that if they did that they’d have 40,000,000,000 government regulations to deal with. That’s so sad, isn’t it.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Yes and also the community around the place..batching and complaining. I know what you mean Four Walls.
@prinzcy (27339)
Empty buildings should be use than letting it rot or deserted. There's always a way to use them.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Yes there is I dont like to see them waste
• Angeles City, Philippines
We need more people like you! Even in this simple gesture, you can inspires others to be more human. I totally agree with you! Can we be a brother or sister or a family to the other human. Other people need a little act of kindness. What is the reason they can't let homeless people occupy those empty building. Instead of being empty we could let them use as their shelter. After all we are all brothers and sisters.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Right Angelito..there seems no reason why we cannot share these empty places. Thank you for kind words.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I agree with you. No one should be homeless because there are many houses and buildings that are empty. But the government treats them as escheat (I don't remember the spelling)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Yes the government..Yes a shite