How to fight loneliness?

By SS
Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
This past weekend, I felt like that. I guess, cutting out old friendship fired back to me so, I felt too much present of myself like, in everything I did. If you have ever watched Star Trek Voyager and noticed Seven of Nine character, then you know what I mean. When I don't want to socialize, people invite me for the coffee but, when I need a miracle or my soulmate suddenly approaching me, it's very empty. It was not only that; my job contract is coming to end on June 18 and when everyone in my school is happy that the school year is ending, I am not cause, that means going to job buro and filing unemployment form. I tried meeting the principle of my school, even asking a school secretary to schedule a meeting with her yet, after 1 month, and working under her for 2 years, she didn't reply or contact me at all. It's not a nice feeling. Older generation insist on respect but, when you want a repspect from them, they act ignorant. I know, of course, not all people are the same just, this made me diappointed, being ignored. I perhaps went in a different direction. I am better today. I am wondering, how do you fight loneliness? Small one or big one.
2ne1 - Lonely Eng SubRequested by usobieCREDITS:http://romanization.wordpress.comTranslation: GEE @ YGLadies.com
@CarolDM (138162)
I have been there many times. I am sorry nobody contacted you. Keeping busy is the best way I know of to help.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Yes. Some feelings or things are repetititve. I am aware of that, thank you just, I always fear of the summer. The slowest season for me
@CarolDM (138162)
@moonandstars Always holding out hope for better days.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@CarolDM you're right! thank you.
@DaddyEvil (42465)
I'm sorry... I don't usually get lonely... My books are my friends. When I don't feel like reading, I talk on myLot. When that doesn't work, I talk with my daughter.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Well, this is normal but, yes it's better not to feel like this too often. Books are very good friends, in my opinion
@DaddyEvil (42465)
@moonandstars Yes, you're right.
I’m so sorry. It’s best to read or stay busy anyway you can.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Reading, like what, some certain genre?
@moonandstars When my precious Doodles was put to sleep forever, the best thing for me was to read..........anything that helped take my mind away for a few minutes.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@DianneN i see. sorry for reminding you
I guess I am a loner at heart - I don't mind being alone or doing things on my own. That being said, my kids and husband are here, so I am never truly alone. If I am up to it, I can always reach out to someone to chat or text with - hey, and we have myLot! Sorry you were ignored . . . in a situation like that, I tend to bug the person a couple times - at least to make sure they got my message .
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I liked bugging people a lot before but feelings were not that mutual so i stopped. it's a normal feeling, of course.
@moonandstars Oh, I know that feeling of "not that mutual" as well. And that I will tell you happened a lot in the past year.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@much2say it's hard to get people
I just try to finds things to do that I enjoy. Stay busy
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Physical will destroy the mental, I agree
I don't know how to fight it, too. :(
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
There are days like that. ut, it's betetr than being emotionally distant, right?
@kaylachan (21088)
I don't. I have learned that feelings like that need to be allowed to run their course. It doesn't last. It's painful when it hits, but it's a feeling and it will pass.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
That's very nicely put. Cause, fighting against something, it only brings more damage. Thank you.
OMG, Youre listening to 2en1? You're awesome.. btw, whatever it is you are feeling right now, will soon past away.. Don't get too close with loneliness.. That's not good.. You can just let it all out here on mylot
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i said i'm better but, i don't wish this to anyone. in my prayers, i always include lonely people yes, they were great. i wish the y could reunite somehow.
@moonandstars oh.. I'm a fan also.. And still hoping for their reunion.. Yes.. I hope lonely people find the happiness they deserve
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Hanbinandaeyo you said it all
I think the way to fight loneliness is to not be dependent on other people. The only time I've been lonely was during the enforced lockdown during my surgeries when I couldn't go anywhere or see anyone. Otherwise, loneliness never bothered me. I've always been a loner.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I am loner too but, repetitive actions or beeing emotionally invested, it hurts. betetr than being emotionally distant, right?
@moonandstars Yes, it is.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Nevena83 (64246)
• Serbia
I don't know how to fight loneliness. Solitude is very difficult.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
it is. my parents are like that as well. it's all good when they work, later, they realise that not to many people are supporting them or not at all but, when they need them, they are all godfathers and godmothers
@Nevena83 (64246)
• Serbia
@moonandstars Ynam, people have become very cruel and selfish.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Nevena83 noone is sincere, yes.
@LotusEyes (2246)
I am so sorry. You keep yourself busy. Enjoy something new
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Thank you Have you ever felt like that?
@prinzcy (27719)
I have cats. They do help.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
my last cat really helped me but my male cat, which is at my parents' place is not of use to anyone. he just runs away from home.
@GreatMartin (19300)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I can honestly say I have not felt lonely since 40 years I made the decision to live alone!! Yes, I have lost most of my friends mainly due to AIDS in the 1980s and now due to old age--I used to be the youngest in the crowd and here I am the only one left--I have some family but they live out west and I haven't seen them in decades. I don't mind doing things alone--actually, I prefer doing things alone except eating in a fine dining restaurant! Theatre, movies, going to the beach, reading writing, etc., are fine by myself. I do have 3-4 neighbors that if I want company they are usually available. The bottom line is I enjoy my own company!!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i think i've read this from you before. thank you and keep on rocking and eating delicious food
@Belexhanns (2526)
• Kampala, Uganda
Just do read books or novels watch a movie
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
this is advice that you will give to yourself as well?
@thelme55 (70360)
I am sorry about that. Don't lost hope. You will still find another job. I will cross fingers that you will.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
thank you. it's like a small cloud that's bugging me. sometimes it's big, sometimes it's not so big. i'll try
@thelme55 (70360)
@moonandstars You are welcome. There is always something bugging us. Life is like that.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@thelme55 it is. jsut have to embrace it. thank you
@RebeccasFarm (33388)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I invite you to my house. No more lonely xo
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
we'll have an awesome party every evening, i am sure of that
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@moonandstars We willYou know to email too sometimes xo Lots of love to you
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@RebeccasFarm lots of love too. i know how to reach you and you know how to reach me
• Preston, England
Fight it by filling the time - the more you do and see the less space there is for the despair - good luck and seek support if it gets too much for you
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I know that doing things, we forget that but, we can't be in a robotic mode always, right?
• Preston, England
@moonandstars try not doing them robotically
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@arthurchappell you're right.
@jobelbojel (24548)
I am sorry your job contract is ending. One thing to fight loneliness is what I have planned, visit my family and stay for two months.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
for someone who has been away for very long, i am glad for you. thanks. still sending job applications. until i get tired, i'll keep on going
@jobelbojel (24548)
@moonandstars yup keep on going. There is no way to stop.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@jobelbojel i agree. thank you
@LeaPea2417 (31142)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I read, watch videos, do house work. Stay busy.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
that's good but, not all the time cause, body has boundaries too, right?
@dgobucks226 (27101)
The first thing that popped into my head is to keep busy. Find an activity to enjoy and fill your days with many things to do. Maybe join a club if you have an interest in something that others do. Those are some ways to combat loneliness. Sometimes volunteer work can be rewarding. I like my alone time but connect with family and friends too. I also keep myself occupied with music, reading, golf, and puzzles. But you know, everyone feels a sense of loneliness sometimes.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i adore my alone time, of course.