Is it true that vaccinated people are also getting Coronavirus?

Kolkata, India
People here are spreading all kinds of rumors. Some of them include vaccinated people who will die in 2 years. Some say vaccination won't help. You still have to wear the mask, maintain social distance and sanitize yourself. You can still get coronavirus. Image Courtesy: The Financial Express Are the rumors true? What is the truth? Is anyone here who got coronavirus after getting vaccination?
@owlwings (44024)
• Cambridge, England
Rumours are very rarely true. Vaccines are never 100% effective and it is inevitable that some people who have been vaccinated can still contract the disease. The number will vary depending on the vaccine and on the COVID-19 variant but it's likely that only between 15% and 30% of people will be affected. The vaccine will protect most people from becoming ill but the important thing is that those who do develop the disease will have less severe symptoms and are very much less likely to die.
• Kolkata, India
Okay, I got it.
@lady1993 (27160)
What i know is getting vaccines just lowers your chances of dying due to the virus. But you can still be a carrier/get the virus, the effects will just not be so severe.
• Kolkata, India
That's alright.
@dpk262006 (58720)
It is true that those who have been vaccinated are also getting infected with Carona virus, this happened with some of my relatives. I cannot tell the exact reason, still trying to figure out.
• Kolkata, India
How are they now?
@dpk262006 (58720)
@snehalodha Most of them have recovered. However, one of the close relatives, who has taken one does of the vaccine and she has some co-morbidities, when she was infected with Carona virus, sadly she could not survive.
I think it is
• Kolkata, India
okay
• New Delhi, India
Actually I know someone who did get the virus even after taking the vaccination shot.
• Kolkata, India
How is he/she now?
@Superco9 (48)
Rumors are true. There are no viccines for Brazilian & South African virus strain.
• Kolkata, India
Maybe they will find a vaccination for these virus strains also.
@pumpkinjam (8252)
Rumours have to start somewhere and, at some point, there may have been some logic. However, it all gets twisted and misinterpreted to the point that it no longer makes any sense. Of course it's possible that vaccinated people could get the virus - just like any other disease. Vaccines are never 100% effective but they do prevent most people from serious effects. We have vaccines for other things but we'll still take precautions to prevent contamination. You can still carry diseases even if you're vaccinated because a vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting a disease - it teaches your immune system how to fight the disease if you do come into contact with it.
@m_audrey6788 (58377)
As far as I know is that you can still get the virus but the symptoms will not be too much. It will help you fight the virus when you get vaccinated. That`s why you still have to be careful even if you got the vaccine.
@snehalodha Yes. You still have to wear mask and make sure to have social distancing when you go out
• Kolkata, India
Yes, I heard that we need to be careful after getting the vaccination.
@kanuck1 (4075)
Until we can be sure of things, whether one gets vaccine or not, we should not take chances and continue to look after ourselves since we cannot know for sure what is happening and what other people have done. Prevention is still the best cure!
• Kolkata, India
Yes, that's true.
@porwest (62636)
I know people personally who were fully vaccinated who still got the virus. And it has never been said by anyone in the medical community that vaccines are ever 100% effective. So, the short answer is yes. Just because you have been vaccinated does not mean you cannot still get the virus. You can, and people have.
• Kolkata, India
Okay, I got it.
@Rashnag (29594)
• Surat, India
Vaccines built immunity over a period of time so one needs to take all precautions. I have got vaccinated and I believe in its effectiveness. Don't believe in the rumours
• Kolkata, India
That's good.
@erictsuma (9761)
• Mombasa, Kenya
Maybe it's true because I heard the same rumors here in Kenya saying the same thing. But it's also important to wear masks.
@erictsuma (9761)
• Mombasa, Kenya
@snehalodha you are welcome
• Kolkata, India
Okay.
@sharonelton (15423)
• Lichfield, England
Yes, it is true. Some people who have blood cancer and have been vaccinated have got coronavirus. This is because the blood cancer stops the vaccine from working. Other cancers may do the same thing.
@Belexhanns (3492)
• Kampala, Uganda
That's true, that vaccine will be effective after sometimes; it just strengthen your immune system with time but not now yet, so you are at the risk of getting the disease