Local elections and me being a part of voting committee. Had you taken a part in this or something similar?

By SS
Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
It was exciting receiving the news on Thurdsday that I'll be joining this new task or role on Sunday. Though I lost the hope cause the first round was 2 weeks ago, I was thrilled hearing someone called me for the second round of our local elections. It wasn't that bad. Yes, it was basically 6 hours of sitting down and taking people's id and directing them to voting box but, I liked it. Greeting people, seeing their names on the list, later counting the numbers. Downpoint is my back, bottom and back was hurting later For this job, it's usually reserved for party members but, not being a member of any party I think I really had luck. Have you participated in something similar?
I haven't engage in such similar situations.. But i hope the voting went well
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
some older person asked us for our opinion of candidates but i kept smiling, nothing else. i still have a sticker from that day
@moonandstars Good move ah.. Smiling makes it look like your on no ones side on the election
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@RebeccasFarm (33093)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I have not but more power to you
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
thank you. i tried to do my job
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@florelway (17555)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
As the town's fund custodian it's our task to take care of all voting materials and paraphernalia. Last two months we already prepared some of them in preparation for 2022 national and local elections.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
wow, that early? outstanding!
@florelway (17555)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@moonandstars yes because they will determine if there would be need to procure more ballot boxes.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@florelway very nice!
• Preston, England
well done
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
thank you. i think my paychck will be late but, it was nice being among grown ups
@kaylachan (20708)
No, I haven't. I wouldn't want to, either.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
why not? it's too long hours for you?
No I never did a job like that.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
it was fun. i wish there were more jobs like that. for one day, but with a good paycheck