Concerts I Have Been To; Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride and Little Texas

@Dena91 (13659)
I wrote earlier about seeing George Jones in country musical festival back in the 90's. Well the opening acts for him were Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride and Little Texas. Mind you none of these had had their breakthrough just yet. Kenny Chesney has had 32 #1 songs on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs with others in the top 10. He has won CMA and AMC awards including CMA Entertainer of the Year 2005-2008. His first album was released in 1994 with the songs Whatever It Takes and The Tin Man. The Tin Man was getting some respectable airplay when we saw him. His future hits include There Goes My Life, She Thinks My Tractor is Sexy, When The Sun Goes Down and No Shoes, No Shirt No Problem. Martina Mc Bride began her career with the release of her first single The Time Has Come in 1992. It would be her second album with the songs My Baby Loves Me and Life No. 9 that she began to take off. Other hits from her include Independence Day, Concrete Angel, This One's For The Girls and Loves The Only House. She is tied with Reba McEntire for the CMA Female Vocalist of the Year with 4 wins and AMC Tope Female Vocalist with 3 wins. Little Texas formed in 1988. Their first single release was in 1991, Some Guys Have All the Love, which reached # 8 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles. Other hits followed including God Bless Texas, What Might Have Been and Southern Grace. Some of the member wanted to pursue solo career and the band broke up in 1997. In 2004 some of the original members reformed the band but they haven't had the success as they once did. Here is my favorite Martina McBride song. It came out when Mike and mines best friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYNOXRifXKQ&list=RDZYNOXRifXKQ&start_radio=1
Martina McBride's second single from her upcoming album.Get Martina’s new album RECKLESS! http://smarturl.it/RecklessMMStream Essential Martina on Spotify: s...
So sorry about your friend...that must have been rough. My favorite concert was either Billy Joel, or Neil Diamond. They were back in the 80's as was Rod Stewart, all good though really.
@Dena91 (13659)
Funny you mentioned Neil Diamond, I will be writing about him soon. I like Rod Stewart too but haven't seen him in concert.
@Dena91 I saw James Taylor too. That was a good concert.
@RebeccasFarm (33077)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Oh this must have been fantabulous Dena I would have loved to see them
@Dena91 (13659)
They were all good. It was an all day music festival.
I’ve only been to one concert which was TOOL many years ago.
@Dena91 (13659)
I still have some to write about.
I think I've heard of Martina McBride. I'm not into Country and Western, so those names and songs are unfamiliar to me.
@Dena91 (13659)
I understand.
Kenny Chesney would put on an awesome show, he is supposed to be a great entertainer.
@Dena91 (13659)
He did even back then when he was just getting started. I guess it comes natural to him.
@FourWalls (33516)
Not a big fan of any of the three, except for Martina’s song ‘Independence Day.” I love the stuffing out of that song.
Provided to YouTube by RCA Records Label NashvilleIndependence Day · Martina McBrideThe Way That I Am? 1993 Sony Music EntertainmentReleased on: 1993-09-02Co...
@Dena91 (13659)
I thought about using this song but the other one holds more sentimental feelings for me. Of the 3 I wrote about she is my favorite.
@CarolDM (136726)
Martina has always been a favorite. I saw her and Kenny years ago too. Love this song. Her voice is like an angel.
@Dena91 (13659)
Yes she has a fantastic voice.