Give the guy a brownie

My hubby has dropped numerous hints over the years that he loves brownies. He has also dropped numerous hints over the years that I never bake him any brownies. A while back I noticed a recipe for brownies on the bag of Splenda brown sugar. Since I do not have any great recipies for brownies, I thought that I would get around to trying this one. Today was just that day. I used gluten free flour and the Splenda brown sugar among other ingredients. We are having chicken breasts with apple butter barbeque sauce, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and obviously a brownie for dessert tonight. I hope that this ends his complaining about never having any brownies. ~Photo is mine
@eileenleyva (24375)
Everybody loves a brownie.
I am not a huge fan of chocolate, so maybe that is why I don't love brownies. But my hubs will be very happy. He works so very hard, I love to prepare him surprises for when he comes home at the end of a long day.
@eileenleyva (24375)
@Juliaacv It's more of the fudge that is in the brownie that crunches and melts in the mouth.
@eileenleyva These are more of a cakey brownie.
You are making your husband happy. my husband is not a huge fan of brownies, I love chocolate but brownies not so much.
No, I am not a fan of brownies either. I have to tell you why though. When I was young, my mother put out a recipe card for me to make some brownies. I was only about 7 years old and still needed supervision. I added 1/2 cup of salt instead of 1/2 teaspoon. Imagine my family's horror when they took a bite of the brownies that I made.
@Juliaacv Oh my, I can imagine the terrible taste. I salted a cup of coffee by mistake once and the taste was absolutely horrible. Brownies are too rich, chewy, we prefer cakes that are lighter and moister.
@1creekgirl (25890)
Let us know how they were! Is it your husband or yourself who can't have gluten?
My hubby just loved the brownies. Neither one of us has to steer away from gluten, but it is fun having some foods that do not have any, I know its better for us in the long run.
@1creekgirl (25890)
@Juliaacv My husband has eaten gluten free for two years so of course I do too since I'm the one who cooks!
@1creekgirl In the long run it is a healthier way to eat.
You are blessed to have gone that long without making one. He should be very happy about his treatment. I want that corn on the cobb.
Yeah, he should be happy, he loves chicken, corn on the cob, and brownies. I bought a double box of ice cream drumsticks-his favorite and made us a beautiful fruit salad. He works really hard, and he deserves some special treatment when he gets home and I make sure that he gets it.
@Juliaacv That is how I would feel too that made me smile. I feel so happy for him and you when he sees that spread.
@sharon6345 I put the brownies in the fridge, and the little sneak, who just got back home from work, opened the fridge to get the water pitcher out for a drink.....and he saw the brownies. I told him that he is sneaky.
@Nevena83 (64543)
• Serbia
Everything sounds so delicious. I'm sure your husband is happy.
He will be home in a little while. I will roll out the surprises one at a time. I sent a picture of the brownies to our son......he asked if he and his wife could stop in this evening.
@Nevena83 (64543)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv Oh, and I would come after this picture if I was close.
@Nevena83 You would be more then welcome, you know that.
@oahuwriter (14939)
You're husband must be so happy! I like brownies too. I just got Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix on sale at cvs this week, so I'll indulge soon adding walnuts... must have walnuts with brownies.
I agree, I have walnuts in these brownies also.
@oahuwriter (14939)
@Juliaacv Love walnuts! Walmart so far got the cheapest. We don't have a dollar store.
@oahuwriter I always pick up walnuts when I go to the bulk food store, you scoop out what you want. Its nice because you only buy enough so that they stay fresh.
Never say never, right ? Although I love my chocolate, I am not a big chocolate dessert fan, but my husband does love brownies. I don't make them, but well, my big chocolate dessert loving teen daughter will bake them .
You are lucky that he gets his brownies and that you don't have to bake them.
@Juliaacv I don't have to bake them, but I admit that I "might" take a sampling .
• Israel
@Juliaacv Enjoy the brownies. I was somewhere and almost bough brownies. Have not had them in ages. Also they had mini cupcakes and have not had cupcakes in ages. I did not see frosting so did not get either. That was so nice of you to bake the brownies.
He works so hard every day, and I am off from work this week, so it was a pleasure for me to bake these for him. He was so happy when he opened the fridge and saw them on the shelf.
• Israel
@Juliaacv I still say that was so sweet of you to do it for him. I am glad he appreciates what you did for him.
I love brownies.. Im sure he'll love it
He loved it too. He told me that it was a great day to be him today.
@Juliaacv I know he did.. That's satisfying that something you made was lived by our partner
@Deepizzaguy (50392)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The brownie looks good for a meal.
He enjoyed one after supper for dessert.
@Deepizzaguy (50392)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@Juliaacv That is good to know.
@CarolDM (138725)
Brownies will be a great hit for your husband. Your dinner sounds good too.
Thanks, I know that he will enjoy it. I enjoyed planning it.
@CarolDM (138725)
@Juliaacv A happy husband also makes a happy life.
@sjvg1976 (23737)
It seams to be a nice dinner
We both enjoyed it.
Now that sounds like a winning meal. Love brownies.
It was a nice meal, he loved the brownies.
Did those brownies taste as good as they look in the picture? (by the way I love your coutertop) I've never been good at baking brownies but all three of my daughters make great brownies. Your dinner sounds delicious. Apple butter bbq sauce (is that a homemade recipe or is it a bought one?) I'm intrigues by the combination. Of course the rest of your dinner is right up my alley.
Yes, they were alright, he loved the brownies. Apple butter barbque sauce is sold by the bottle at M&M Meats, and we really like it on meatballs instead of the sweet and sour as well as on chicken. He told me that it was a great day to be Ron, I spoiled him rotten yesterday.
@prinzcy (27851)
No, he won't stop He'll want another one after this.
That is okay, I went shopping today and bought him a nice new golf shirt, so he can have that for something special today.
I like brownie. Your brownie is very big and that's great
I tasted it and it was alright, but I am more of a fruit lover then a chocolate person, my hubby loved the brownies.
@wolfgirl569 (41463)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope they came out good.
They did thank you, he loved them.
@kaylachan (21327)
Who knows. It might. Then again there's just no pleasing some people.
I will roll out his surprises one at a time this evening. First the corn on the cob, then the brownies and lastly when he wants his evening snack I will get him an ice cream drumstick.
I wonder if the brownies are going to taste very, very different?
I don't know, I look forward to trying them though. I sent a picture in a text to our son......he replied by telling me that they are coming into town in a little while to go to Costco, and casually offered to pick me up anything if we need it and stop by afterwards. He wants brownies, I just know him too well.
Your meal and dessert sound delish.
He loves corn on the cob, and although it is not in season here, he will be happy to have some even though it was trucked in. I am looking forward to tasting the brownie, it didn't have alot in it that he shouldn't have.