A Rape Case in our Neighborhood

By Arya
@yoalldudes (29471)
We learned today that our neighbor who has a wife and little child raped a 21 year old girl at the beach twice threatening to kill her. My mind couldnt process it I feel like I would get a panic attack. I'm scared of people. I'm scared of men. To think that my 17 year old daughter passes through that pavement at night to buy at the store. Every time I go out to go to work I would lock the door and tell her to keep it locked. I just dont trust anyone when it comes to these things. I dont trust even relatives. I am hyperventilating as of the moment.
@dpk262006 (57994)
It is better to take precautions to safeguard yourself and your daughter. However, you should avoid hearing such kinds of news, as it affects our mind and we start thinking in negative manner.
@yoalldudes (29471)
I would love some pleasant and positive news. I'm jsut so swamped with all the negativities. What a year!
@averygirl72 (24755)
It's scary and you lose your peace of mind with bad people around
@yoalldudes (29471)
My initial reaction was let's relocate.
@averygirl72 (24755)
@yoalldudes You are serious? If that's what is needed
@yoalldudes (29471)
@averygirl72 He is not yet picked up by the police.
@m_audrey6788 (44432)
I understand what you are feeling about that. I`m scared too. We must be very extra careful
@yoalldudes (29471)
I remember my daughter went to the beach at dusk and arrived at night. This is where the crime occured. Thankfully she went to her cousins place instead.
@yoalldudes Oh my.
@porwest (44872)
It is a terrible situation, and bad things happen. It is not worth getting overly stressed about or worse, hyperventilating. Bad people do bad things. You never know who they are and when they will strike. Your only solace can be that they are still relatively rare occurrences and the chances of you NOT becoming a victim is much greater than your chances of BECOMING a victim.
@prinzcy (26993)
There are predators every where. Best not to let her go out at night alone. If it's not him, there might be someone else.