Concerts I Have Been To; Neil Diamond

@Dena91 (13889)
I am not 100% sure exactly how I came to have tickets for Neil Diamond, perhaps a friend had an extra and asked if I would like to go along with her. I do remember it was one of my first concerts to go to in the early 80's. Neil has had 10 # 1 singles throughout his career. He was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He was awarded the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2018. He began his career in 1962 when he signed with Columbia Records. Prior to that he and his friend Jack Packer, formed a duo called Neil and Jack, released a couple of singles that went no where on the charts. Neil's first single released was At Night, received good reviews but failed to chart so Columbia dropped him. For the next 7 or so years he would write songs, During these lean years he began to write some of his biggest hits, though he didn't know it at the time. Solitary Man, which he has said is his favorite song, was written which described his life at this point in time. Hits that he wrote that others made famous include I'm a Believer and A Little Bit Me, a Little Bit You hits by The Monkees, And the Grass Won't Pay No Mind done by Elvis Presley and Mark Lindsay, former lead singer for Paul Revere & the Raiders. In 1966 Neil signed with Bert Berns's Bang Records, an off shoot of Atlantic Records and released Solitary Man followed by Cherry, Cherry and Kentucky Woman. His career as one of the greatest solo recording artist began. Over his career he has sold more than 100 million records worldwide. Other hits include I am I Said, Song Sung Blue, Forever In Blue jeans, Holly Holy, America, Hello Again and Turn On Your Heart Light. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty1dwBCR6D0
*I DO NOT OWN ANY CONTENT SEEN IN THIS VIDEO. IT BELONGS TO ITS RESPECTED OWNERS.*For Pep Band Sundays.Video by Stephen
Neil Diamond is one of my favorite artists. I went to his concert in San Diego in the early 70s before I was married, so must have been 1972. That's where I heard, I Am I Said, Sweet Caroline, and many others.
@Dena91 (13889)
I am glad you got to see him in concert as well.
@Dena91 Thank you.
He gave a great show. You know he was originally a cantar in the temple right?
@Dena91 (13889)
A canter in the temple? Catholic church? Not sure what that is.
@Dena91 No he is a Jew. He kind of played out his life story in the Jazz Singer..a remake of an old Al Jolson film.
@Dena91 (13889)
@snowy22315 Okay. I haven't ever watched that movie. I don't know why I thought Catholic church, it's been a rainy morning here and I am sleepy
• Walnut Creek, California
Never was a fan. But I do like Frank Zappa.
@Dena91 (13889)
You sound like my brother!! He was a big Frank Zappa fan too
• Walnut Creek, California
@Dena91 I only got to see Zappa live once.
@Dena91 (13889)
@TheHorse My brother saw him a couple times.
I've been to many Neil Diamond concerts and they were always enjoyable.
@Dena91 (13889)
Yes he puts on a great show
@Dena91 yes he does. I have fond memories to going to his concerts with my best friend
@sallypup (45294)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Did the audience sing Sweet Caroline all together?
@Dena91 (13889)
We did. Also after every home Carolina Panther win the crowd sings it
@FourWalls (33744)
I haven’t seen him, but I’ve heard from everyone who’s seen him that he put on a great show. Too bad he had to retire due to Parkinson’s.
@Dena91 (13889)
Yes it is sad
@spiderdust (10707)
• San Jose, California
Neil Diamond always reminds me of my mom. I think this was her favorite song. Mine is probably "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show".
Now Neil Diamond is one fantastic singer I would have really enjoyed seeing in concert, This song is one of my favorites,
@CarolDM (138554)
I like this song. Glad you enjoyed so many concerts.
• Midland, Michigan
That's one song I don't need to hear to remember. He was never one of my favorite singers but I did find myself singing his tunes.
@Heriyana (65)
• Tangerang, Indonesia
Very nice
@cakjun (14)
legendary music I really like to hear it, the lyrics touch the heart
@miftha (679)
• Bekasi, Indonesia
hallo friend, i have coffea to enjoy your day