Concerts I Have Been To; Vince Gill

@Dena91 (14468)
I intended on writing a post here yesterday however the day got gone before I had some time to do so. Sundays are like that for us. Anyhow I have just a few more concerts to write about and the first one is Vince Gill. During the 70's he was the front man for Pure Prairie League with hits such as Amie, Let Me Love You Tonight and I'm Almost Ready. In 1983 Vince decided to become a solo artist. His first couple of singles, Victim of Life's Circumstance and If It Weren't for Him, charted but the albums weren't as successful. He would switch record labels in 1989 and made Tony Brown his producer and his solo career took off. His first album When I Call Your Name included hits Never Knew Lonely and When I Call Your Name. Following the success of this release more top charting singles include Look at Us, Liza Jane, Pocket Full Of Gold, One More Last Chance, I Still Believe In You and Nothing Like A Woman. Vince has won the most CMA awards of any country music artist, won 21 Grammy's the most of any country music star and a member of the Grand Old Opry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwFiWCUkk4M
These were among the performers at the Grand Ole Opry for the funeral on May2, 2013. As you will see, Vince gets a little emotional half way through.
@FourWalls (34438)
Vince Gill? Never heard of him. Oh, the Vince stories I have……
@Dena91 (14468)
NICE!!!
@FourWalls (34438)
@Dena91 — I didn’t know it was “one-word country music t-shirt night” when I went there (3rd & Lindsley), but waddaya know, our t-shirts fit the theme!
@Dena91 (14468)
I like Vince Gill. He was in Pure Prarie League as well, but I don't think he was with them when they sang Amy, my favorite song by them.
@Dena91 (14468)
After Craig Fuller left, Vince would sing the lead on Amie until he left the band.
@Dena91 Ohhh OK...I will file that with other music trivia in my brain..
@dgobucks226 (27490)
Amie was a terrific song! Now Vince has become an honorary Eagle(s).
Love Vince Gill. I wish I had gone to more concerts