I traded 1 cent for 100 cents

By JJ
@myklj999 (63386)
Olney, Illinois
Yes indeed I did. Over at Noise.cash today they are having a special offer where if you tip someone else's post there using your Bitcoin Cash wallet (even as low as $0.01) they will give you $1.00 (in BCH). Of course, it is only one time for each user, you can't give 5 tips and get $5. And of course it is in cryptocurrency, Bitcoin Cash, to be precise...and no, that is not the same thing as Bitcoin. But sure, gimme a dollar to give someone a penny... (And yes, they did)
https://noise.cash/
Well that was a nice return on a penny
@myklj999 (63386)
• Olney, Illinois
Too bad it's not an unlimited offer
@myklj999 no kidding lol
@kobesbuddy (142638)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I wonder how Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash are different. This is probably an earning site, that uses Bitcoin as their currency to drive up earnings.
@myklj999 (63386)
• Olney, Illinois
The same way an American dollar and a Canadian dollar are different.
@kobesbuddy (142638)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@myklj999 That's correct. When my father-in-law took us into Canada, the prices were higher. But coming back into the US, the money exchange put a smile on Grandpa's face!
@louievill (28922)
Bitcoin cash ( bch ) is what you call a fork of bitcoin ( btc). In 2017 there was a word war within the bitcoin community especially the miners about bitcoin transactions and scalability. To make it simple and easy to understand, the bitcoin cash group wanted to make bitcoin transaction more scalable and make transactions faster by adding more blocks in the block chain so that it would be more practical to use it as money, currency or cash. The bitcoin group on the other hand wanted bitcoin to remain as it is and become more of a digital asset or store of value very much the same way how we treat our physical gold, just store it and wait for price to go up. After the hard fork they became two entirely different cryptos while also retaining some similarities.
@BarBaraPrz (34786)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Where will you spend your windfall?
@myklj999 (63386)
• Olney, Illinois
I'm thinkin' maybe a down-payment on a 5 dollar bill
@BarBaraPrz (34786)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@myklj999 Good luck with that. Have a nice day.
@CarolDM (168958)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Will have to check into this.
Once in a while I do surveys and once in a longer while they pay me fifty cents or a dollar. I feel rich. Funny! I don´t feel rich when I save a lot more cooking delicious food with a small amount of money.
@myklj999 (63386)
• Olney, Illinois
If I keep saving what I earn someday I'll be able to buy something to save my earnings in
@DaddyEvil (68645)
@myklj999 I had some beautiful piggy banks that were stolen by robbers. Now I keep my coins in an empty coffee tin. I discovered that robbers don´t go to the kitchen or to the bathroom.
Well that was a great deal, tip more posts so you can get more Bitcoin Cash.
@porwest (47945)
I'd still take it. Heck yeah, and provided I could do it (like say, have the money deposited to my Coinbase account) I can always trade the BCH for some other coin I'd prefer to have. Which reminds me. I need to take another look at Noise.cash.
@myklj999 (63386)
• Olney, Illinois
I see you
@porwest (47945)
@myklj999 lol. Yes. I joined. Now I just have to figure out what I am doing and how it all works. This should be fun. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information to find on the site about how to do it. But I guess I will figure it out. Any tips?
@myklj999 (63386)
• Olney, Illinois
@porwest I'd say don't plagiarize but you wouldn't so I don't need to.
@DaddyEvil (68645)
That's interesting... I've never heard of that site. I'll ask Pretty if she uses it.
@myklj999 (63386)
• Olney, Illinois
It's the only foray I have made into cryptocurrency
@DaddyEvil (68645)
@myklj999 Pretty says she isn't interested in cryptocurrency. (Her boyfriend lost quite a bit of money speculating in cryptocurrency. I didn't ask for details.)
@sjvg1976 (30168)
I am not into the business of Bitcoins. Hope you are making good money there
• Rockingham, Australia
I'm glad they honoured their promise and you're now $1 richer.
At least a nice return for you,
@divalounger (5285)
Well, that sounds like it was a winning proposition!
@sabtraversa (12570)
Sounds like a good way to encourage users to tip. Do users actually tip often? I know there are bots who "curate" posts on similar apps and should help you earn something, but generally I know very little about how it works. Seems like there is plenty to learn and I might not have the time for that, unfortunately.
@louievill (28922)
I have a decent amount of Bch that I got for free when it forked from bitcoin back in 2017 because when a hard fork happens in crypto you get an equal amount of the forked coin to the amount of the original coin you are holding in your wallet at a 1 is to 1 ratio. It was just unfortunate that I kept my btc ( satoshis) in different wallets for security reasons and not all the wallets supported an automatic forking but rather in some you have to do it manually and risk losing all your bitcoin if you make just one small mistake lol, that time I had insufficient knowledge so I avoided the risk since bch had a very low value that time.
I saw this recently but was unable to participate. So, how does one do it using the QR code?
@myklj999 (63386)
• Olney, Illinois
Well, it would depend on a few things, such as phone or desktop and what type of wallet you use.
@myklj999 I need to figure this one out.
@myklj999 (63386)
• Olney, Illinois
@allen0187 It's different for a phone and for a desktop, and then it appears some wallets are either not compatible or you have to jump backwards through flaming hoops while balancing a meerkat on your head.
• Austin, Texas
Lots of members did well with the QR Code challenge. The NC folks usually do exactly what they say they will do. I sometimes wish they had better Help. But I think if they had a way for people to direct message them, they would probably get overloaded with silly questions. So I just check their post stream to see if something new is happening. Thanks for mentioning those names in your other comment. I didn't know all of those people were there from MyLot. Cool beans!
@myklj999 (63386)
• Olney, Illinois
There are likely a few more neither of us have ran into yet
• Austin, Texas
@myklj999 - Yeah. I probably don't know their name at Noise.Cash. I always use my same name unless the site forces me to create a new name. It's just easier for me to remember.
@shimba21 (71)
noise.cash Reviews is noise.cash safe or a scam? Likely to be legit. Trust rating is high. I have to try...
That’s cool. Hopefully they do it again.
@owstalaga (4706)
Hahaha, I had a funny experience when I did this. Lol we had a blast and kept laughing about it too.
@LindaOHio (82457)
That was a nice return on the penny!