A Memorable Day

Today is a memorable day for me on a few counts. Today marks the first hair appointment that I have had since last November. I almost feel human again. It was alot of fun at the hair dresser's as it always is. The stress that was very evident when I was there last autumn was not there today. Those poor hair dressers, the only licensed professionals that were not deemed essential or allowed to work during the pandemic, yet the government was quick to take their yearly license renewal fees. I wasn't sure if they would recognize me with a mask and my long hair, so I carried this sign with me. We all enjoyed a good laugh over it. Last night we received the news that a sister-in-law who has been battling cancer is nearing the end of her fight. Her doctor told the family that it is her time to be moved to hospice care. Thus far they have not allowed her 3 adult daughters in to be with her while she was in the hospital-probably due to the virus. I know that my brother-in-law will need the support. They are on my mind and in my prayers. It is frightening when it is your own generation that is nearing the end of their earthly life. ~Photo is mine
I am really sorry to know about your sister in law. I love your sign, I am sure you had a good laugh.
Thank you, poor Anne has been battling cancer for 4 years this month.
@Juliaacv I am really sorry, she deserved to win her battle against cancer.
@LadyDuck No Anna, I am not to judge her, but she fought it in the wrong way. She smokes and never quit. It used to bring me to tears to see her doing that. And of course 1 of her 3 daughters won't quit after seeing that which worries me that history might repeat itself.
@CarolDM (145341)
Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. I agree about losing so many these days. A haircut can make you feel like a new person.
Thanks, I do feel like a new person, it was nice.
@CarolDM (145341)
@Juliaacv Well deserved.
@CarolDM The first steps to normalcy.
@RebeccasFarm (35600)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I am so sorry to hear of your dear sister in law. Funny sign Julia and I am sure the hairdressers laughed as I did.
Thank you. This particular brother and sister-in-law used to glide across the dancefloor at family weddings, making you think that you were watching a real life Cinderella waltzing with her Prince Charming. Us girls all had a really good chuckle over the sign.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Juliaacv How very sad Julia..well he has good memories the brother
@RebeccasFarm Yes, he and that particular brother shared a bedroom when he was really young. They had 8 kids and not a very big home, so you shared alot more then most families. And my hubby looks the most like that brother then he does his other 2.
@moffittjc (98056)
• Gainesville, Florida
Sorry to hear the news about the SIL. It's definitely not fun when we start seeing people our own age lose their life. Really hits close to home. On a brighter note, I love your sign you made. Way to see the humor in the situation!
@moffittjc (98056)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Juliaacv Glad to hear she was talking and laughing. You were very creative with your sign.
I hope you got recogninzed with the sign! Things are not good with my uncle either, the prostate cancer has spread to his back and one kidney is gone. They can't do an MRI since he has metal clips..from a shotgun accident when he was a teen. Hopefully, they will still be able to do surgery.
We had a good laugh over the sign. I'm sorry about your uncle.
@Juliaacv Yes, and sorry about your sister in law too..
@S4mmyboy (2125)
• Mumbai, India
Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. Hope you had a good time on your birthday. Wishing you health and happiness for years to come. Happy birthday
Thank you, she is nearing the end of her journey it sounds like.
@S4mmyboy (2125)
• Mumbai, India
@Juliaacv the saddest part is that one of her daughters is still following the same path
@cahaya1983 (10540)
That sign gave me a good laugh Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. I hope the family gets all the support that they need, must be a very tough time for them.
We all had a good chuckle over that sign. I texted 1 of my nieces last evening, she immediately replied and thanked me. She was the flower girl at our wedding, she has always been such a little sweetheart to me.
@cahaya1983 (10540)
@Juliaacv Aw. That reminds me of my aunt! I was a flower girl at her wedding and she's like a second mother to me, we text each otherbevery noe and then too
I’m sorry about your sister-in-law. Funny sign and last but not least I hope you had a nice Birthday
Thank you. We like to have alot of fun at the salon and we laughed the entire time that I was there. Its good to laugh after all that we have all been put thru, especially them with being out of work for so long. I had a really great birthday.
@Juliaacv I’m glad that you had a good birthday.
I know it feels good to have your hair done. I'm sure it makes you feel great for your special day. Happy Birthday. I'm sorry your sister-in-law is nearing the end of her journey. My prayers are with you.
Thank you. We are praying for a peaceful passing.
@Juliaacv That's the best kind.
I'm sorry to hear about your sister in law. It is hard when you see your own generation passing away. It certainly makes you appreciate every day even more so. I'm glad you had a good time at the salon and of course you probably feel like a million dollars getting your hair cut. Your sign is cute
We had fun at the salon. My sister-in-law had a really good day yesterday, so grave the day before and then she had a good day, which I am thankful for as her hubby and daughters will have 1 more great memory.
@kaylachan (23236)
I'm sorry to hear about your sister-in-law, but not surprised about the govornment. They care very little about the people, it's all about money to them.
Thank you. My sister-in-law was not able to get the vaccine, so she and her hubby have lived in solitaire confinement for the past year or so. They have not even had their own kids in to see them, that is no way to live out one's last months.
I wish you all the best.
Thanks Sharron.
@VonHerman (377)
• Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Halo! Here, "I wasn't sure if they would recognize me with a mask and my long hair, so I carried this sign with me. We all enjoyed a good laugh over it." When I read that, even I can reflect you were laughing at each other, that was a good idea with that sign. Keep safe! And have a great day. -Von Herman.