The awesomeness of color and taste

By Ken
@kanuck1 (3676)
Have you ever eaten a blue banana? They say that it tastes like ice cream. I have eaten plenty of yellow bananas and would really like to see a blue banana and enjoy it's ice cream taste. Seeing a picture of a blue banana made me start thinking of the awesomeness of color. We have all enjoyed seeing a beautiful sunset, colorful flowers, a rainbow, colorful fish and so on. Since animal life and human life appeared long after the stars, the sun, flowers and fruit, did nature know that one day animals and man would appear on the earth and appreciate the importance of color?
I know that the blue Java bananas exist but I have never seen them here for sale. I had red bananas and those were delicious.
@kanuck1 (3676)
Yes, I have also seen the red bananas also and enjoyed eating them. I have made some further research and the picture that I display may have been photoshopped as they may have a bluesh tint when unripe but they become yelow as they ripen. Apparantly it is a new variety and there is not an abundance yet available. However, I am fascinated about the variety and beauty of the different colors in nature! Colors add to the enjoyment amd pleasure of life! @Vikingswest1 foud and sahred this link with me.
https://miamifruit.org/products/blue-java-ice-cream-banana-pre-order
@kanuck1 I am pretty sure that the photo you posted has been photo-shopped, the real color is a different blue, but it is very pretty. There are not many natural edible products that are blue.
@kanuck1 (3676)
@LadyDuck Yes! Remember when there were no purple tomatoes or yellow water melons?
@CarolDM (144242)
Oh my goodness. Never heard of these. But love the color. How amazing is this!
@kanuck1 (3676)
I thought it was a joke but apparently they exist and taste like a vanilla or custard kind of taste. I would sure like to eat one but I don't know if I could find them in Canada.
@CarolDM (144242)
@kanuck1 I too would try one of these.
@kanuck1 (3676)
@CarolDM It's amazing the variety of colors and tastes in nature!
I would imagine the internet will see an increase in searches for blue bananas. After mine, my first question is HOW, in sixty years on this planet, have I never heard of blue bananas. I will now ask every market in town if they can get them in stock. I just learned something new. Thanks.
@kanuck1 (3676)
When I saw a picture on Facebook, I thought it was a joke but apparently they exist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Java_banana
@kanuck1 Oh I looked them up. They exist. I have to figure out now, how I can get some.
@kanuck1 Might be of interest. Spendy little things aren't they?
@florelway (18467)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I haven't seen a blue banana.
@kanuck1 (3676)
I think very few of us have seen them. They come from Java.
@florelway (18467)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@kanuck1 maybe it grows only in that area.
@kanuck1 (3676)
@florelway At this time, it seems so!
@prinzcy (30616)
I know about the banana but I never seen one for real. I would really love to try this.
@kanuck1 (3676)
I found out that the benanas exist but they are only bluish before they mature, then they turn yellow.
@prashu228 (31102)
Is it..tastes like icecream ..? oh god ..then i am gonna like it for sure... but sad part ..i never seen or heard about this bananas till now...more and more search now..
@Rashnag (16747)
• Surat, India
I am seeing it for first time. I hope it isn't fake
@cherigucchi (12492)
Wow! This is the first time I heard and learned about this.
@CuriousGab (1731)
I didn't knew they do exist I thought it's another trick of social media.. But they look so yummy and now I want to have some.. There are so many nature creations which we have no idea about...
@xiaolisu (1421)
blue fruits are very rare except blueberry
@kaylachan (22908)
I don't think so, but then I didn't know bananas could be blue, either. I know they can range from green to yellow.