Work and its Ways

Good morning myLot friends. I got a bit of good news yesterday at work. I transitioned from part time to full time last February. I was advised that there would be a shift bid soon and that I would be able to bid for something better. I was lead to believe that I would only have to work these hours for 3 months. Here it is July, and its more then 3 months. We recently did our shift bid. I have done many for the various companies that I have worked for over the years. I did not need much explanation other then when the bidding was open. The results were given out yesterday. I have an earlier and better shift. I am thankful for that. Your ranking for the shift bid is based on your performance and your tenure. I did alright. I was approached by my manager that the head of the training department needs some help with the new hire class. I was asked if the class could shadow me tomorrow. They will all listen in on my calls for a hour time period. That doesn't sound like alot, but I know that every single word that I do or do not say will be dissected the following day in class. Its also a bit difficult to manage because the connection will seem distance and the customers often comment on it. I hope that I am able to help make the job look like it is doable, I remember questioning how I'd manage everything when I was in my training. That is all of my news for today, what is new in your world?
@CarolDM (145341)
So happy you have a better shift now. Well deserved once again. I remember a corporate job when their were bookkeepers from many states I had to shadow to make sure they were doing their job accurately.
Thank you. The shadowing will be an extension of their training to see how a typical transaction should occur, they will be able to see my monitors and follow what I am doing as I do it as well as hear our conversation.
@CarolDM (145341)
@Juliaacv It is a fascinating part of technology. I enjoyed my job. Maybe I will write about it one day.
@CarolDM That would be interesting.
Nice! Congratulations to you - that is good news to receive a better shift - you did well .
Thanks, I am looking forward to a change of pace.
Congratulations Julia. I imagine it's not easy to be "normal" while talking with the clients knowing they are listening to you, but I know you are very good, just be natural!
Thank you Anna. I can do better if I know that they are not looking at me, I wouldn't be able to open my mouth in that case. I was approached this morning to see if I would like a permanent roll as a capabilities coach for the new hires as they are in their 6 week training sessions. I will think about it, but I love what I do so I will probably not accept the offer.
@Juliaacv If you love what you do and you feel the stress if you accept, I would suggest you to decline.
@LadyDuck I have made my decision to remain in the department where I am. I do so enjoy it. It was nice to be asked to step up, but it is not for me, they can seek out another if they need to.
Congratulations on the better shift, I hope the day of shadowing goes well
Thank you. The new hires shadowed me yesterday. It amazes me where technology has brought us to today. They were able to listen in on my calls live while watching the screens that I brought up to assist the customer. The trainers messaged me that I blew their minds, so I hope that was a positive thing.
@Juliaacv you are amazing!!
@BelleStarr Said the amazing one herself.
@cacay1 (56089)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
At least you got a bettter schedule. Congrats for a job well done. You can surely manage.
Yes, I am counting down the weeks until my new schedule begins. I am so happy.
@cacay1 (56089)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Juliaacv, af least despite pandemic there's something you're busy about in your work place.
@cacay1 The pandemic drove the line of business that I work for thru the roof.
@HazySue (38604)
• Inverness, Florida
Beautiful flower photo. I am happy to hear about your earlier shift. I have only worked for one company that had a shift bid. After a year there I was able to get a shift that was better. Congratulations on winning a great shift for yourself.
Thanks. I had to really concentrate doing the shift bid, I was grieving at the time as I had just lost my mother a couple of days earlier and I was having a difficult time trying to focus. I guess that I did alright.
@HazySue (38604)
• Inverness, Florida
@Juliaacv I am sorry about the loss of your mother. Maybe she had a hand is in guiding you through the shift bid.
@HazySue Thank you. Her passing was difficult, she had Alzheimers and it was like losing her twice. The first time when her memory went and then again when she stopped breathing. With my Dad he steadily went downhill over the course of a couple of years as he had liver disease. It was heart-breaking to go thru, but at the very end, when he smiled that huge smile those last few minutes of his life before closing his eyes, it seemed like a natural passing, so beautiful I will never forget it. I ask myself every single day if I am living my life that will allow me a passing as peaceful as his was.
that's good that you have a better shift and I'm sure the class will have a great teacher when they listen in.
I did my best on my calls, which I always do. The class was very thankful that I agreed to let them shadow me. Today the trainer sent me some appreciation points, I have not logged in to see how many, but I know that quickly saw something pop up on my phone screen.
@Juliaacv I'm sure it was interesting to see you in action.Hope you got a lot of appreciation points
@ThatDisha (1915)
Congratulations for your shift changes and best wishes too!
Thank you, I am looking forward to the change.
@ThatDisha (1915)
@Juliaacv that's good
Well clearly they like you if they want the new hires to emulate you. I am sure you will do fine. Congrats on the better shift. Your job sounds secure. Around here Capitol One is laying off 140 work at home employees. Perhaps some onsite staff is effected as well. I know the location they are talking about, as there is an apartment complex almost on the grounds..and it is a beautiful area..with a great drive one of my favorites in the region. It's a shame.
Thank you, I was offered a permanent role as a capabilities coach for the new hire classes. We have alot of them coming up, but I will probably not accept as I love what I do.
@Juliaacv nice!
@RebeccasFarm (35600)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
That is very good news, you are a valued worker Julia. Here, I am still looking as you know.
I hope that something comes your way.
I’m happy for you about the better shift.
Thank you, it has been a very long time working less then ideal shifts.
@moffittjc (98056)
• Gainesville, Florida
Congratulations on getting a better shift. And you should feel honored to be selected for shadowing by new hires. It means they like what you're doing!
Thank you. My manager thanked me and told me that I was amazing, it was nice. He got feedback from the trainers, both of which thanked me. In order to be a well-rounded workplace, we need to help each other out, the old workers with the new workers.
Good news ! I am happy for you ! You have been working hard and are in your manager's good books,you deserve it. Good for you,Your every single word that you say is like the textbook.
Thank you, I love what I do so it is easy to do my very best.
@YuleimaVzla (1500)
• Santa Rita, Venezuela
Congratulations! Your job performance has paid off. Be encouraged to go for more and more. The sky is the limit.
I am quite happy with what I do, I will stay put for now.
Glad to hear you have a better shift now, Best of luck to you, Nothing new here just working online,
Thank you. Sometimes nothing new is good.
@prashu228 (31681)
Congratulations for the full time job now... it's a good transition
Thanks.
@Dena91 (14527)
Congratulations to you on your new shift. Good luck with your training time tomorrow with the new class. I am sure you will do just fine.
Thank you, I am looking forward to a change of time for working. I will tolerate while the class listens and learns. That isn't my strong suit.
congratulations on the new shift
Thank you, it would have been nice if it happened a few months ago like they said it would, but good things happen to those who wait.
@cahaya1983 (10540)
Congrats on getting the better shift! I'm sure you will manage just fine.
Congratulations, you deserve it!