I have a crazy question

I see some people pushing carts in the street of tin stuff like all kinds of stuff. are tin cans that food comes in used to cash in for money? I often give my saved bottles to people I was thinking to save my cans to give to someone as well. I am not sure so I was asking.
At one time, aluminum and glass recycling centers paid by the pound for recyclables. Maybe they still do. Many bottles could be returned at any store for money. Now there are states that add a tax to products that are recyclable and set up centers where they can be redeemed for a nickle or a dime apiece. I spent my childhood collecting items to redeem for cash.
@kaylachan (23235)
Some states offer a nikle or dime to recycle cans and bottles. I couldn't tell you what New York does.
I have a location to call tomorrow where they will go.
@prashu228 (31681)
That's a good idea...it may be useful
You do not get paid for the tin stuff here. But you can donate them to the can bank.