Hp and other catchy things for school. Manipulating kids, isn't it?:)

By SS
Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Harry Potter is still famous. I found myself on Instagram and there were Harry Potter clothes and school supplies in one shop that was promoting them. I even was a contestant in an online winning game for this but, I doubt I'll win it. Feels like every school year is the same. Famous football/soccer school bags, from cartoons, movies and they cost a hell lot of money. How not to indulge in this? I know I won't give 4 dollars for a mug with Harry Potter logo, I can't What do you think?
HP is getting to be as big and influential as Micky Mouse. I wouldn't pay 50 cents for a mug like that.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i am glad we agree about it yeah, it seems just, i don't understand it and it's kind of tiring.
I can slightly understand it from a childs point of view, they love HP and want all the stuff they see in adverts but it is the parents that need to set the boundaries on what they can or cannot have. It seems to me that too many parents allow their children to demand those kinds of items.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@rebelann i feel like that too. love can be said in different, cheaper ways
@jobelbojel (25818)
Sounds like the kids of before introduced HP to their kids. I am surprised that my niece and nephews watched all the movies this year.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i am kind of getting bored of it but, i'm a first generation so, what do i know? just, poor parents and their wallets
@jobelbojel (25818)
@moonandstars if the kids would like to read the books, we have the old books.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@jobelbojel and libraries too. good point
I think there will be a lot of Harry Potter school supplies this year.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i thought there are other things trendy now. and, it's kind of tiring, isn't?
@moonandstars I don't have young children, so I don't notice.
@CarolDM (153674)
I think these brands are a ripoff honestly. But some enjoy them.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
they really are. even the books were expensive but, they were books. now, this. i mean, i remember when it came out, there were only small pillows and pens. now, it's too much.
@dya80dya (25606)
Those are expensive. I wish you good luck.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i actually went to the store. it's pepco. not sure if you have it there but, there wasn't any trace of hp
It seems like the kids always have to have the popular things. I remember when my son was in early elementary school it was Lisa Frank stuff. Even the boys had it.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
the last book was in 2010 and the last movie was in 2012 so, i am suprised how it's still trendy. it's not fun to me anymore
@moonandstars I think there is kind of a cult following. I mean everybody thinks magic is cool!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@snowy22315 well, you have a good point there. hm, i didn't think of that
It's costly to buy those theme school supplies but kids like to fit in and be in style. I am a bit surprised though that Harry Potter is still so popular. Hope you win your contest.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i think i won't get anything. instagram is fishy sometimes. me too. the last movie was in 2012. i mean, aren't ehre other things...
@noni1959 (8633)
It's crazy how Harry Potter is still famous. One of my graddaughter's is now into that. A daughter-in-law is as well and she is over 30. Still dresses up and goes to events. I have never wanted to read the books or have anything to do with it.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i was a fan but they are forcing things so, i am not enjoying it anymore but, i am kind of proud to be born when it was a hit. books are not bad but, we all have our preferences.
@noni1959 (8633)
@moonandstars We do. I'm not really into magical type books or movies. I like more mystery, action, detective, serial killer or comedy. I have watched the Hunger Games and read a couple Sci Fi though not my preference.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@noni1959 i liekd hunger games books but, movies were on the telly so many times, that i started to hate them, which is not fair, i know.
@epiffanie (11113)
I have not seen Harry Potter movies.. I also have the book but never got around to reading it..ahahah!.. Is the movie on youtube?..
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i sold my books a few years ago. i am/was a fan but, it's really not neccessary anymore to promote him. not sure
Harry Potter and all other stuff seems to be interesting for the kids and kids end up buying these products
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i also have seen a workshop of the same name and they charge about 80 dollars for an hour. it's crazy.
@RebeccasFarm (43126)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
We used to have Lisa Frank items for school:)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
o that's lovely. i had hp notebooks in highschool and, in primary school, there was nothing, i think. good old nature stuff
@dgobucks226 (28075)
They have always had items with celebrity or sports star logos or designs as far back as I can remember. A very clever marketing tool by businesses. Hard to say no to your child when their friends have one. But you can say no unless you just have to have one
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i don't get it. it's been almost 10 years after the last movie and the book. to me, it's late but, they are making it big again. yes, good old sports star and celebrities things
@dgobucks226 (28075)
@moonandstars Some items have a long shelf life especially if everyone has heard of them.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@dgobucks226 it seems so. i like discovering new things but, that's me.
@sol_cee (27263)
I wanna have an HP mug but it depends on the cost
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
me too but, not so expensive cause, i'l start feeling guilty later
@JESSY3236 (14989)
cute. Yeah I'm surprised that it is still popular.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i agree. i went to the shop and found no hp products; maybe they sold them.
@prinzcy (33007)
I think Harry Potter's items would continue to be popular for a very long time.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
o, no. i wish they find some other things, that deserve attention too
• Preston, England
I have Harry Potter merchandice and I don't have kids
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i still have a small pillow with nimbus 2000 and harry on it just, almost after a decade, isn't this tiring? also, i've heard of some new series about harry's son?
@thelme55 (72798)
I am sure the kids will love them.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
as they are promoting them as magical, kids obviously like magic as a first generation, i feel tired and a little jelaous cause, in my time, there were only a few mugs and msotly notebooks.
@GreatMartin (20440)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
The Harry Potter movies are now going to be streamed on HBO--get ready for another 'selling' blitz!!!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
o, no. they are making this tiring... poor jkr or not
I am not a fan so I definitely would not spend for a Harry potter mug
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i don't get it, why now. it's been a decade after the last movie and the book. they are kind of late
No mug is worth $4.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i agree with you and, it's tiring.