TORTOR DANCE (Batak tribal dance), is a traditional dance of one of the tribes in Indonesia.

By Debi
@maratai (6196)
Indonesia
Hi all friends. I hope you are doing well and staying healthy. Today I posted a picture of the TORTOR dance. TORTOR is one of the traditional dances in Indonesia. That is the dance of the Batak tribe. Indonesia consists of many islands and many tribes, and automatically there are many traditional dances. There are also many traditional foods. When dancing Tortor, the costume used is a woven cloth typical of the Batak tribe, which is called Ulos. So what they use is called Ulos. The dance is very beautiful and fun too. Even many foreign tourists who like this Tortor dance. I love to share information with all my friends. So that in addition to discussions and friendships in MyLot, our insight into world culture can also increase. If I may ask, do you have a lot of traditional dances at your place? can you name one of the traditional dances of your area? Photo : Google
I’m from the USA and we are a melting pot of so many cultures. Therefore, each is unique and has its own tradition and culture. We don’t have a national dance.
@maratai (6196)
Well I believe in USA there are many types of dance friend. Because there are people from various countries
@maratai I would love to see the Tortor dance and beautiful costumes some day. Here, it’s blah!
@maratai Thank you. I wrote that down and hopefully will have time to watch it on Thursday.
@rakski (99453)
we might have some dance that might be similar to that
@maratai (6196)
I believe that my friend. Because we are neighboring countries
@rakski (99453)
@maratai true!
@maratai (6196)
@rakski Yes my friend
@franxav (10119)
There are many different tribes in India and all of them have their cultural dances. This time of the year Adivasi tribes Jharkhand celebrate KARAM with rituals and dance.
@maratai (6196)
Yes India and Indonesia are almost the same, many tribes and regional dances too. I also like cheerful indian dance. Thanks for the info
@moonandstars (54883)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i wish i could see a video of them dancing yes, we have folk dances.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@maratai thanks!
@maratai (6196)
@moonandstars You are welcome my friend
@CarolDM (154277)
Looks like a fun dance. Nothing national here. Many dances.
@maratai (6196)
Thanks friend for the info.
@CarolDM (154277)
@maratai (6196)
@LindaOHio (75324)
Thank you for the information. We don't have one dance for the US. We have many cultures represented here; and they each have their own dance.
@maratai (6196)
Thanks for the info friend. In your place, there is a lot of culture from the people who became immigrants there.
@RebeccasFarm (43947)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I love this beautiful dance.
@maratai (6196)
Thank you friend. I also really like the art of dance. Because dancing is a beautiful art
We do not have a national dance in the USA. Thanks for sharing your traditional dance.
@maratai (6196)
Alright friend. Thanks also for the comments.