...and when the cookout is done just scoop the ashes into this box...

By JJ
@myklj999 (61435)
Olney, Illinois
Just planning my death a bit ahead of time. I figure if they are my ashes, I should be the one to decide what they are kept in. So I ordered this to put my cremains in. I ain't rich, and when I die I do not expect to have a bunch of money left behind for anything, so I certainly do not want my family to have to spend $850 for the cheapest funeral urn the funeral home would sell them. Especially not when you can buy things on the 'net MUCH cheaper...say $141 for this. So I have a place ready to rest my tired bones...well, the ashes from them anyway. I'd jokingly suggested my family should just go down to the end of the yard, gather wood from the brush piles, toss me on it, torch it, and just have a cook-out. I don't think they can do it legally though...so I'll have to tuck back a bit of money to have myself toasted I guess.
Planning to have something we like were to rest in peace is a great idea. I want my ashes dispersed and I hope this will be respected.
@myklj999 (61435)
• Olney, Illinois
What I'd really like is for the box to be buried at the end of the yard overlooking the tracks.
@myklj999 I hope that they will respect your will. I would have liked to be buried in our garden, but here in Europe ashes cannot be brought out of the cemetery, so my only option is to have my ashes dispersed.
@sabtraversa I am very sorry for your grandmother Sabrina, my condolences. In Milan they did not allow to bring Mom ashes outside the cemetery. Here I know that they do not let, you must have a place there where to keep the urn. For dispersing the ashes no signed will was needed for the mother of my sister in law, she said that her mother asked to be cremated and her ashes dispersed, the brother confirmed and this is what they did. I have already signed for dispersing my ashes.
@CarolDM (153837)
Great idea to plan it out like you want it.
@myklj999 (61435)
• Olney, Illinois
The more money I save, the more vinyl records I can buy
@CarolDM (153837)
@DaddyEvil (54275)
And that's why I have a life insurance policy. Pretty knows I want to be cremated and scattered along the river or at the lake... No urn needed... (One of my sisters wants my ashes scattered on a family grave... but I'd rather not spend any more time with the rest of my family than I already do... )
We have our final plans all made up also. Our son thinks its very morbid, but he is only in his early 30's, and he has more years ahead of him then behind him. Your final resting place looks very comfy and dignified, suiting for you.
@myklj999 (61435)
• Olney, Illinois
I got told by one of my sisters today to quit being morbid.
@myklj999 It depends on how you said it, it IS reality that's for sure.
@myklj999 (61435)
• Olney, Illinois
@Juliaacv I said something about someone will have to give the box to whomever marinates me
@FourWalls (35706)
Why not? By the time the authorities find out what happened you’ll be all scattered in the box. And the food will have been digested. Just make sure Jeffrey Dahmer or Hannibal Lecter don’t come to the cookout, or there’ll be a whole lot less of you to put in the urn….
@myklj999 (61435)
• Olney, Illinois
I bought a larger one than I would currently need in case I put another 20 pounds or so on before I die.
@FourWalls (35706)
@myklj999 — just make sure it’s got a good, secure cover, ‘cause you know how cats like to knock things off…..
@myklj999 (61435)
• Olney, Illinois
@FourWalls The bottom has 8 screws holding it on, they are removed to place the ashes in and then screwed back in.
@rakski (99294)
I think it is good to plan ahead. We do not want to give the people we left behind problems
I hear ya. Stuff is so expensive. I'm doing the ash thing too. Hope the county will enjoy paying for it.
@JESSY3236 (14989)
nice. My uncle was cremated and we got some of his ashes in an urn. We plan on going to his college and having a ceremony there with his best friend.
@1creekgirl (26928)
I don't think you're being morbid, I think you're being smart. My husband and I have our headstone already set up in the cemetery. We'll be cremated and our urns will be buried in front of the stone instead of a casket.
@moonandstars (54745)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i approve it. money is spent while you're alive
@LindaOHio (75092)
What a cool idea. I love it!
Your plan sounds good to me.