Chicken Something

Its nearing the end of my working day. I have to try to come up with a plan for supper. I took some chicken breasts out, but that has not inspired me as of yet. Some days its so easy to think up a plan for supper and then there are days like today. I have some mushrooms in the fridge that should be eaten up, maybe I will make a sauce with them for over the chicken and serve it with some carrots and potatoes on the side. Anyone have any better ideas?
@RebeccasFarm (43336)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Do you like curries, spicy? You could make a curry sauce for them with some nice jasmine or some kind of rice? No?
We don't use alot of spices, it will be bland but we like it that way.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Juliaacv Okay then
@cacay1 (61068)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@RebeccasFarm, sounds great dish.
I would use the mushrooms to make a mushroom omelette for breakfast.
I use mushrooms when I make omelettes for my hubby. It was fine in the sauce that I made for the chicken last night.
@Juliaacv I roasted a chicken in the oven two days ago. I am trying to make some space in the freezer to store some meat for the winter.
@LadyDuck I do not buy whole chickens much any more because they do take up alot of space and quite often it is just too much meat as it is difficult to find a little bird.
@dodo19 (43229)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I know what you mean. I was lucky that my eldest made a suggestion last night. So went with it.
I really miss those days.
@dodo19 (43229)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv It does help for sure. I'm sure I'll miss it too.
@dodo19 Just enjoy every single day while they are young and still at home with you. I love my husband dearly, but its much different when you are empty nesters and it takes some time to adjust.
@prashu228 (36502)
It's evening here ..I am having bread toast...
We had chicken for supper last night, it is morning here now.
@prashu228 (36502)
@Juliaacv have a nice day
Thats how I always feel about chicken sounds good but then I'm perplexed as to how to make it. Your idea sounds good with the mushrooms and carrots
I think that I have changed my mind, I may get out the air fryer and do some brussel sprouts in it instead of carrots and I may serve some broad egg noodles along with the chicken and vegetable. Chicken can be done so many different ways, but its having the time to think up a way on a working night in the middle of the week that has me today.
@Juliaacv I'm always looking for ways to make quick meals and I don't even work anymore. I'm sure you came up with a good plan and had a delicious dinner.
@CarolDM (153837)
Chicken is good cooked so many ways. I love to bake it.
I usually bake our chicken too, but tonight I pan fried it with the sauce that I made. I impressed myself.
@CarolDM (153837)
@Juliaacv Sounds great. I know it was good.
@HazySue (39260)
• Inverness, Florida
Mmmmmm! You idea sounds delicious. We are having Pizza Hut Pizza for dinner. I am having one of my "go off my diet" days.
We have not had pizza in weeks, we are due.
Maybe chicken soup or chicken and dumplings.
It was chicken day at your place too.
@cacay1 (61068)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Have a nice cooking. Hoping you've come with the dish you like to prepare that supper time.
Thanks.
Your plan seems easy enough
Yes it was.
That sounds tasty..You could chop up the beasts and use mushrooms and mix it in pasta along with pesto I hardly had had pesto until about a year ago..now I am using it all the time!
Oh, I like the sounds of that.
@kaylachan (25446)
I have no idea. I'm getting hungry, too but for the life of me, I can't make up my mind on what I might want.
My hubby was impressed with the supper that I made. It was good even if I say so myself.
@Scrapper88 (3391)
Look up chicken spaghetti on the internet. Instead of using hamburger meat; you can use cut up chicken. I am not sure what kind of sauce you can use. You might can learn how to make it from the internet.
That sounds delicious, but we had spaghetti last night. Maybe the next time though......