Damned accountability makes me have to go do things

I just got word that two of my prescriptions have been sent over to Naval Pharmacy, so I am going to go over there to pick them up. I can't just do it for the refill drive-thru with my others, because of the policies. So, I'll pick these up today, and I'll drive-thru tomorrow morning on my way out tomorrow morning before heading to Seattle's Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) for my afternoon appointment. So, this is one reason for me to get dressed at 2:30 in the afternoon, and out of my robe and slippers. This is one reason that I do not like to call (for months) and deal with medical teams. It holds me accountable. I guess it's one way to get me moving and facing outside or the rest of my waking hours doing something productive. I'll put dishes away, when I get home.
@kaylachan (25449)
As much as you hate it, it needs doing. SO there's that to consider.
Yep.
Have a blessed day to you and remember to stay safe always and healthy.
Thanks.
@kobesbuddy (133823)
• East Tawas, Michigan
For some reason, Jay has been staying up real late watching TV. Then he gets up quite early, but stays in his bathrobe unto 2:30-3:00P. I don't say a word about this, he is retired now.
For me, it's been tough being "retired," which I don't like. I'd rather be working. And then it's also depression that keeps me from wanting to do anything.
@kobesbuddy (133823)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@TheSojourner Jay is extremely busy for a while, then he loafs and does nothing for a couple days. It has been a real adjustment, retirement. Now that he's retired, people are coming out of the woodwork, asking him to do this or fix that because they know he's at home. He gets overwhelmed!
@kobesbuddy I understand. And learning to say no is hard
As bad as you feel about having to do it it needs to be done so once it is done you'll feel better
Yeah, I know.
• Naga City, Philippines
I hope you have a good day today. Even though you have to drive from home to naval pharmacy. God bless you.
Thank you.
@aninditasen (2954)
• Raurkela, India
You have to keep in touch with the medical team to allow yourself to keep going. Why don't you ask them to email you the prescription so that you can download them and print them.
Thank you. They will not email them to me to print out. They have to go to the pharmacy electronically, or I have to carry in a hand copy that is printed and signed at the doctors.
• Raurkela, India
@TheSojourner So each time you need medicines you have to go to the pharmacy to get both the prescription and the medicines?
@aninditasen no, only after the prescription has expired all of its normal refills. And once my doctor represcribes it. Then she calls it in or does that electronically and I have to go physically to the main pharmacy. When I'm out of the bottle and I can refill it myself because it has a number of refills, I can call it on the system and pick it up at the drive-thru. Only on controlled substances do I need a hand copy. And then have to go each time
You got to do what you got to do.
@TheSojourner I hope you are home relaxing now.
@jstory07 I'm sitting at the naval pharmacy waiting for two prescriptions
You had no choice to do it
I know.
@LindaOHio (75092)
Good luck with your SCCA appointment. I will be thinking of you.
Thank you.
@wolfgirl569 (47703)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad they got them called in for you.
@FourWalls (35706)
And then you have to wear a mask and go through covid protocol to get into the hospital, and wait for your medication..... Yeah, I'd rather have them mail the stuff to me, too.
Yeah, I just wrote something about that couple of minutes ago! And this place is not busy at this time of day because it's after normal work hours, but they still take there sweet time. I guess I should not complain. I get this medication for free