Out of Stock

I have been going thru our daughter-in-law and son's baby registry. They have so many items picked at 3 different stores. Some of the items are not their first choice, and at first I did not understand. So much of what they have picked is out of stock. Thank you covid. I offered to buy the stroller a couple of months ago, but their first choice is not out of stock. They will need to settle for the same stroller but not in black, so it will not match the car seats or they will need to go with a slightly lighter stroller. Sophie the giraffe may not be in stock, so they have picked another similar toy. I hope that the books are in stock, they have alot of those on their list. I am going to try to get out and get a few things this weekend, before even their second choices of things is out of stock. Buying for twins is fun, but it is a challenge given the times we are living in. Do twins run in your family?
I hope you get what you are looking for. I don't mind sharing this story it was a very long time ago. While in the DP camps in Germany during WW II my mom lost twins as she could not carry them to full term, It was a bad time so I guess twins do run in the family but my case is different I did not have things one stillborn and one spontaneous and so no children here, I wound up being my parents only child,
@DaddyEvil (53464)
My hubby and I had 2 children, but 1 passed during her first year of life due to a congenital heart disease that we have in the family. We were told when she was born no more children, I had alot of complications myself and her health was grave, so after she passed, our son became our only child. For him to give us twin grandchildren is unbeliveable still, we are excited but the reality won't set in until there are 2 of the little bundles here to cuddle, soothe and love.
@Juliaacv you are very blessed
My husband’s family, yes. His cousins has fraternal twins. A boy and a girl. We actually went to visit them yesterday and the boy, Rivers didn’t want us to go home. They’re 5 years old now.
Our grandchildren will be fraternal twins as well. From the ultrasound pictures I told my daughter-in-law that Baby A looks a little bit bigger, and she said that Baby A is about a day older.
@Juliaacv yay! I’ve always wanted to have twins but i know that won’t happen now.
@toniganzon I am happy that they are having twins, regardless of the work involved.
@mom210 (8403)
oh I know, just came from the store and not much there. I have always been a meal planner, now I just go to the store and figure it out with what is left over sitting there.
Yes, I do the same with food and clothing, and we have put off the purchase of a new vehicle for another year. The baby stuff is disappointing because they greatly need these things, but somehow it will all work out.
Only the sister of my Mom had twins, I cannot remember of other in the family.
And nobody else has as of yet?
@Juliaacv Not that I know. The daughter of my cousin is now pregnant, but it's only one baby.
@LadyDuck Congratulations.
Is that photo of your twin grands? They are so adorable.
No, the twins aren't born yet, early in 2022, but it was such a cute picture I wanted to use it. The only pictures that we have of them are in the ultrasounds. Baby A looks a tiny bit bigger then Baby B does, and our daughter-in-law told me that the doctor told her that Baby A is about a day older. They are so tiny.
I'll bet your grands will be just as cute as these two are.
I hope they're as overjoyed as you are but twins will be a challenge for them.
Hope you get the gifts for the twins. No twins here in our family.
Thanks. I married into a really big family, but even they have no twins and are elated with the news.
@Juliaacv I've be happy if I had twins.
@allen0187 It will be alot of work all at once until they are grown.
@DaddyEvil (53464)
Uhm... if that photo shows what you're trying to buy... I have some bad news for you... You can't buy those ready-made... You have to wait on your son and DIL to make those for you...
That IS a good thing, we don't have everything yet for ready made babies. This weekend I will go out and get alot bought that I need to have for them. They want me to wait in case their first choice of things suddenly comes into stock, but I told them that their second choice may be better then nothing, so I am shopping now. They can't tell Gramma-To-Be when to shop.
@DaddyEvil (53464)
@Juliaacv If they say anything... again... you can remind them they have time to return gifts if what they do want comes in a little later... How long they have to return things depends on which store the items are purchased from... You might make a point on checking return times on purchases before buying, too. That might help make up their minds.
@DaddyEvil Yes, I will check the return policies for the stores that I have to shop at. Next month is the baby shower and since I am hosting it I need to get done what I can for shopping ahead of the shower. I feel like I have alot on my plate, but with twins that plate will be overflowing before too long.
That shouldn't surprise me since so many things are out of stock these days but I guess baby things fall into the "out of stock" category too. Hopefully you can find the things they want (even if it's second choice). I doubt you'll have trouble finding books for them. It's so exciting hearing about the babies
Alot of people have been out of work who make the baby stuff, plus alot of people have put off having babies during this time so that doesn't help. I am excited to find out the genders next month.
@Juliaacv This past year has really set us back on some many things. At first it didn't seem so bad when you couldn't find some things but now it's been like a snowball going downhill and things you wouldn't expect to be hard to find are.
@Marilynda1225 I am used to the covid shortfalls, but I also feel for her as I was a first time mother years ago and had everything in stock for me to choose from.
@CarolDM (152710)
That is too bad. But they will understand. So many things are hard to get these days unfortunately.
I'm trying to get them to learn to improvise, that is what I have had to do over the years. They want to drive 3 hours to buy used stroller adaptors, and what happens if they arrive and they are sold or in poor condition? I asked them to choose something else or rig up something on their own, we have family who have done that.
@CarolDM (152710)
@Juliaacv I am sure they will work it all out.
Congratulations ! You will soon have twin grandchildren ! Can't wait to see their photo .
Thank you, we still have a few months left, they are not due until 2022, but time flies so it will be here sooner then we think it will be.
The twins are going to be so much fun! Wouldn't it be cool if they were identical? Good luck with the shipping. Twins running my mom's side of the family.
I have to think that even fraternal twins will look alike for those first couple of months. I suggested to the kids that they decided to put 1 in solids and the other in prints until they have enough hair that they can tell them apart. I am going to buy up all of the solid one-piece diaper shirts in their registry and then, in a month's time, when they know the genders, I will buy up some printed diaper shirts.
This is an exciting time for you! Yes, we have lots of twins in my family
That is really neat to have lots of sets of twins. Our daughter-in-law has 1 sister and once these babies are born they will each have a set of twins. Both fraternal.
@kaylachan (25152)
Have fun with that. I've been lucky that what I've needed has been in stock.
Sadly there will have to be alot of new and slightly used items put together I fear. The adapters for the strollers sound impossible to find new, but our daughter-in-law told me that someone has some for sale about 3 hours from here, so they may take a road trip and get that. I do not think everything will match, but that is the reality of the times that we are living in.