Waiting at the Naval hospital

I stopped by the Naval hospital pharmacy to pick up prescriptions. It's already been 40 minutes that I'm waiting. You would think that when the doctor calls the prescriptions in before noon, they would have them ready. But, no, the policy is I have to check in and then they put the prescription over to be pulled and filled. So there is this three or four step process, before I can actually pick the damn things up. I am getting impatient. Photo is my own. update: I guess all I had to do is complain. 2 minutes later after posting this discussion, they called my number! LOL
@rakski (98744)
aw, what a waste of time
But that I get my medicine for free, I guess I shouldn't complain too much.
@rakski (98744)
@TheSojourner well, it is good you have your phone. I am assuming you can do mylot while waiting. I do that when I wait in a long while
@rakski I was able to do a little.
@DaddyEvil (53464)
Interesting... they built an entire hospital just to check people's navels? They don't do any other medical stuff there? Weird...
@DaddyEvil (53464)
I always have to wait a half hour for any medicine from the pharmacy.
I just updated my discussion LOL
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
They could have had them ready at least.
No, they have to screen you first and then ask you all these silly questions. Like... Have you ever taken this medication before? I don't know that we're going to be able to fill it for you. A: I've been on this medication for several years and I fill it here every time, so I don't know what the problem would be.
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner Walmart is where I fill mine. They have it ready and if it is a new one they do that stuff before handing it to me. Cuts my wait time down a lot.
@wolfgirl569 when I get it done at the Naval hospital then everything is free. No co-pays.
Same thing happened to me with the 3rd dose of the vaccine. I went with Dixie and she did not dare say any thing against people who did not keep the line. So I did and in a second we were vaccinated.
I don't like to make too many waves, contrary to what I let people think I do.
@TheSojourner I choose my battles. And many times I fight battles for people who won´t fight.
@marguicha I can easily fight the battles that others have. Fighting my own is more difficult.
As soon as you complain the problem is fixed. I waited 4 hours for my husband at the ER last month. A minute after I decided to get up and go to the restroom he was out and searching for me... I was sure!.
I think that's part of Murphy's law.
@TheSojourner It surely is. I refreshed the page and I notice that myLot sent us money.
@LindaOHio (74859)
Our pharmacy is good on time but often has to order meds in.
It's not that this is not on time, it's that the process is they don't fill it until you come to pick it up. Which means you have to go through all of the checks and rechecks. So it's faxed over to the hospital pharmacy from the physician's office. I shouldn't complain because I got it, and it's free to me.
@LindaOHio (74859)
@TheSojourner Free is good; but they could fill the prescriptions as they come in.
@LindaOHio they have their own process in play.
At least you got your meds now. I would think that they would prepare that already once the doctor prescribes it and you just drop by to pick it up. More efficient.
Government regulations and process. LOL
@TheSojourner never efficient or easy.
@allen0187 *laughs* I know. I've been around the federal government now for 48 years of my life. LOL
@CarolDM (152710)
Complaining is how things get done a lot of times, unfortunately.
But I complained here, and then my number was called. Lol
@CarolDM (152710)
Hehehehe, glad you got it. And I think it is good to have mylot where you can bring out your rant than keeping it in.
It always works that way. Glad they are finally ready!
That was yesterday's. Now I'm waiting at the Cancer Care alliance. I feel like I'm back in the military with hurry up and wait!
@FourWalls (35547)
I would seriously be talking to the patient advocate, not so much to “scream” complain, but to say “hey, y’all need to fix this” complain. What do they call that, “constructive criticism”? No, I don’t think it’ll work. It doesn’t here.
Lol
@dodo19 (43191)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Seems like such a long time to wait for a prescription. Glad you finally got it.
It's because of the process in place. Different hoops that people have to jump through, I suppose
Complaining sure helps to get it off our chest.
@kaylachan (25152)
Went through the same thing when my husband needed to get new meds. Now I just order refills online and they are mailed to the house.
Eventually, I hope that can happen once the refills are not just a normal refill but when the doctor has to prescribe them again.
@sallypup (47709)
• Moses Lake, Washington
We quit using Safeway's pharmacy cause too often it took forever to get our prescription filled. And our uncommon last name?? They got some guy with the same name who lives in WA D.C. mixed up with my hubby. Buh bye to them.