Very Fun Day

@wolfgirl569 (47295)
Marion, Ohio
Always is when I make more than I spent. My pumpkins and squash sold for 5 dollars each. I think the peppers were 50 cents each. The walking onions were 50 cents to a dollar each. I bought a watermelon for 75 cents and 4 stuffed toys for 10 cents each. So my total was only 1.15 The pumpkins in the bulk area was still running higher than I wanted to spend. But they are getting a little bit lower. Next Tuesday is their big pumpkin sale day. They will have even more than normal there that day. I might get the ones I want then. If not there will still be more even after that. After we got home I did get one cage mostly put together. I might have finished it but I had 6 furry "helpers" They are not cute enough not to get locked up out of the way I should get that one finished and make another one easily tomorrow. Then I will need to round up some spare wire to make a fourth one if I can. I should be able to do that easily enough. Since I dont have goats anymore I can pull wire off the stall gates and use it. Hope your day went well. I am glad I got that watermelon. It was the perfect dessert after dinner.
@DaddyEvil (53464)
What? You didn't get a watermelon for me? You aren't planning on putting your "helpers" into the cage you just finished while you work on the other cages, are you? That would be mean... they just want to help... I made spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner tonight. You and hubby should come have some.
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
Most of them were going high today. Sorry. The new cage will need tested That dont sound bad but we had that Sunday and Monday.
@DaddyEvil (53464)
@wolfgirl569 But you managed to get ONE cheap... Uh huh... Those poor babies! *sigh* Somebody on myLot tried to bribe me with spaghetti after I had just finished cooking mine...
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
@DaddyEvil I got it at the very end of the auction and it was the only one left. That is funny. Spaghetti is always 2 meals for us.
@kareng (40817)
What fun! I would have loved to have watermelon for dinner! It would have been better than a hot dog!! Oh well, the fresh baked bread was a good dessert! I'm happy with that. Glad you had a great day!!
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
I thought about fixing hot dogs and fries Went with chicken patties and fries instead.
@kareng (40817)
@wolfgirl569 That sounds better than hot dogs to me!
A good day is always a blessing.
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
It is
@LindaOHio (74859)
I'm glad your produce sold well. My day was OK.
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
Thanks. At least it wasnt bad. Hope today is better for you
@LindaOHio (74859)
@wolfgirl569 Wednesday was a good day. Our housekeeper (hubby's cousin) got a lot of packing done for us.
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
@LindaOHio Glad she made it.
Those furry helpers are lovely, but they slow down our work. You are working hard to build those cages. Sure you are not going to buy goats next year?
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
As I had a crimping type tool I was using I was also afraid of pinching toes. Never know what next year will be. But right now NO
@wolfgirl569 Oh my, pinching toes is painful, I am glad you did not. The next year will be as you like, too early to say.
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
@LadyDuck It is way to early. I am going to enjoy dealing with very little frozen water this year.
@TheSojourner (36909)
I am so amazed still by the little money that is charged for the things that you get at this auction. It makes me wish I were back in the Midwest, but then I'd have other things to put up with! LOL Sounds like you had a great day. I'm heading to bed now. It's 2:00 a.m.
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
It all just depends on who wants it. By waiting until the end of the auction everyone had watermelons that wanted them. Except for the cold I think you would be happy here.
@wolfgirl569 I would definitely have to find my tribe. LOL
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner I can give you a good start. I know you would get along mostly with one friend at the auction. The only bad I have found in her is she likes the Rump But she accepts that I cant stand him.
Glad you had such a good day. That is always a great feeling when you are able to sell what you brought,
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
It is.
A great fun day for you!
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
It was
Sounds like it was a great day at the auction.
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
It was
That sure was a great day when you get more than your spend.
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
Always
@sallypup (47709)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I haven't had a local melon in too long. Congrats on your farming efforts.
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
Thats all I buy anymore Thanks
It looks like that the watermelon is sweet.
@wolfgirl569 (47295)
• Marion, Ohio
It is