Looking at the Dubai Trip Again

I keep coming back to wanting to go to Dubai. It's a 13 1/2 hour flight once I get to New York, which is a 2 hour flight from here, so I guess it's a total of 15 1/2 hours although only 13 1/2 of that is nonstop. It just calls to me. They're put their group tour on sale and I think the group tour is safer for me than going there independently. I didn't realize that the city of Dubai is only 45 years old. The only consideration for saying no that I have at this point is that I'd have to have a covid test before re-entering the USA and what if it was positive or a false positive and I had to stay in Dubai 5 extra days? Where/how would I afford to stay? How would I get home/pay for the new flight home? Where would I even get the covid test done while there, although I would think the tour operator would handle that for me. The trip is in November. I need to decide in the next couple of days. So very affordable. Such a trip.
@LindaOHio (74859)
I hope you can go; but you do have a lot of things to think about. The group tour is definitely safer.
I hope you'll come up with a decision that is best for you.
@CarolDM (152651)
Good luck with your decision.
@FourWalls (35530)
You world class traveler! And people think I’m a “travel guru” because I go to the Smoky Mountains, which I could walk in 13 1/2 hours?
@xFiacre (9838)
@joydorsey I would never take a flight that long. I’d worry that if I sat on a seat for 13 hours my butt might heal over.
@Dena91 (15152)
Do the airlines make you take the test before boarding? I hope you decide to go for it. I know how much you enjoy traveling.
@FaruMesh (3393)
Dubai is a great city to visit. It's a shopping destination.If it's affordable you should try this opportunity. It's just my opinion. Final decision is yours for sure.
Good luck in whatever you decide. What you brought up are things you need to consider. Best to have some extra cash.