Redumbdancy

By JJ
@myklj999 (61233)
So I am over on Noise.cash fiddling about looking through recent posts by the masses, and I spotted one about plagiarism and how to avoid it. So I read it, and something did not 'feel' quite right about it. So I called my friend Google, and after a short chat I found out the post about plagiarism is a plagiarized post. Which is NOT the first plagiarized post about plagiarism I have ever seen, I saw one here years ago. Life is redundant at times...
@owlwings (44147)
• Cambridge, England
I have seen several in my time. Both plain copy-pasting and 'spun' articles (which I think is worse, because the perpetrator clearly *knew* that copying and pasting is wrong!). If anyone doesn't know what I mean by 'spun' and 'article-spinning', it's the act of putting a piece of text through a machine which replaces certain words and phrases with "dictionary equivalents". The result is usually really appalling 'English'! Here's an example of the above text. Let me know what you think! "I have seen many in my time. each plain copy-pasting and 'spun' articles (which i feel is worse, as a result of the culprit clearly *knew* that repeating and pasting is wrong!). If anyone does not understand what I mean by 'spun' and 'article-spinning', it is the act of golf stroke a chunk of text through a machine that replaces sure words and phrases with "dictionary equivalents". The result's sometimes very appalling 'English'!" [Some might be confused by 'golf stroke' in the above. There are two words in English: 'tp put' and 'to putt'. Their present participles are both spelled the same - 'putting' - but pronounced differently! When you mean to 'put something' down or into something, the 'u' rhymes with 'oo' in 'soot' and 'foot'; when you are playing golf and make a short stroke (called a 'putt') to make the ball roll into the hole, you are 'putting' and it rhymes with 'cutting' and 'shutting'.]
@myklj999 (61233)
Yeah you and I have had a few exchanges about people 'spinning' things. I tend to agree it is a worse offense than straight plagiarism for the reason you mention, it is done to hide their theft.
@BarBaraPrz (32999)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Love the "golf stroke" translation.
@DaddyEvil (53624)
Did it hurt when you wrote the "translation"? It hurts to read it...
Trying to figure out a good way to see your posts and those that I follow. Wasn't there much of the day.
@myklj999 (61233)
I wish we could filter out the 'renoised' posts and just see the original ones from those we follow.
@myklj999 yeah. Have you written in read.cash?
@myklj999 (61233)
@allen0187 Naw, I joined but I just can't do longer 'article' type posts
@May2k8 (16027)
Even I'm tired of seeing some short posts there.
@myklj999 (61233)
It's a good place, but there is a LOT of garbage to sort through.
@May2k8 (16027)
@myklj999 Yup, I agree many are promoting mining sites there.
@jobelbojel (25636)
Nice play of word.
@TheSojourner (37071)
Redundant, indeed!!
@myklj999 (61233)
Just ridiculous...when I said something the person claimed they were doing it as an 'experiment' to see if people noticed. I told them yes, and that I also noticed the other dozen plagiarized posts they had made.
@myklj999 oh for goodness sake! They actually have the nerve to say they were just checking to see if you caught it? That's the oldest lie in the book.
@BarBaraPrz (32999)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I thought you were going to say it was one of yours.
@myklj999 (61233)
No, but there are three of them right now (that I know of) that have been plagiarized, all by the same person.
@DaddyEvil (53624)
Surely that doesn't really happen! Is this another one of your joke discussions?
@myklj999 (61233)
Dammit, I thought fer sure I could fool ya but I guess not.
• Rockingham, Australia
So do you comment back and forth on that site? I had a bit of a look but didn't go any further.
@myklj999 (61233)
It's quite a bit like the 'Lot
There is a saying Books are written from Books Mostly true and ok as long as u put All thos * and notes about source and adapt it.. And don't build just a collection of "copy paste" For sure I don't know all the rules around this but generally I I stay true to the subject in a consistent way w/o to much bla bal, I generally pool it of
@rakski (98746)
oh wow! that is insane!!
Good one, I registered on Noise cash but all I can figure out at the moment is that I am barely making a splash and I still cannot figure out what is the best approach there I have posted some links to other stuff of mine too I will see how that works out, Not looking to make much but interesting just the same,
@Mytriii (51)
• Ujung Pandang, Indonesia
plagiarism make people upset, how not? when we struggle to come up with an idea, and someone comes along easily plagiarism it, it's very annoying :(
I expected you to tell me it had been plagiarized from you.
@Shiva49 (23143)
Maybe. seeing it in print makes it all worth the while - fleeting moments of satisfaction. It takes all kinds!
@CarolDM (152882)
Good you are looking out for these posts.
@FourWalls (35598)
It’s not that dumb a move. I mean, who would think to check to see if an article about the dangers of plagiarism was itself plagiarized?
@wolfgirl569 (47330)
• Marion, Ohio
It just dont register with some
I feel that plagiarism is one of the worse kinds of theft there is.
@porwest (47198)
Plagiarism reminds me of something in the writing world we used to say all the time. "He is one who wants to be a writer, but not a writer who wants to have written." It was, of course, meant in a different context. But is much the same, even if the purpose for one or the other are different. In this case, the one who plagiarizes simply wants money for nothing, and is willing to steal the goods to be able to steal the reward as well.
@myklj999 (61233)
It used to piss me off at Bubblews seeing people claiming in their profile to be a 'writer' but stealing everything they posted.
@porwest (47198)
@myklj999 Oh gosh. That place. That place leaves such a huge rotten taste in my mouth. lol
@LindaOHio (74859)
So annoying! I wish people would learn to write their own material!