First Aid Training - I Finally Took It

@sulynsi (3194)
I have resisted or put off taking First Aid Training - I really don't know why. Partly it's a matter of access - we were in a rural area for years and it just was very challenging to get to a location where it was done. My husband took the training and was certified - he likes to take it every year if he can. But me, I think I also didn't want to take it. I think the anxiety of the responsibility it puts on your shoulders was a concern. I am glad I did the training - it was interesting, and distressing, and fascinating and exhausting. I hope I NEVER need to use it, but I will go again, and I may even volunteer to teach it - that way, I won't be as likely to forget all the techniques and feel better prepared should I need to be. Have you ever taken First Aid? Have you ever needed to use it?
@sjvg1976 (30151)
No, I have not taken it ever but wish to take it as it helps.
@DaddyEvil (63742)
Yes, I've taken the course. And yes, I renew it every year. I've never needed it but at least I know how to do it if needed.
@sulynsi (3194)
That is my hope - to renew regularly - perhaps even learn to teach - so it will stick with me if I ever need to use it.
@DaddyEvil (63742)
@sulynsi If that's what you want, I hope you achieve it.
@moonandstars (57437)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
As a part of my driving licence but,I think that was only half of it.I am glad you took it.was it expensive?
@sulynsi (3194)
120.00 per person for a two day course
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@sulynsi kind of similar like here.
@sol_cee (28033)
I did that before and I remember feeling like I had superpowers or something
@sulynsi (3194)
I'm glad it made you feel empowered - that's how it should feel. Knowledge and understanding how to behave if an emergency happens is so good.
@sinari (1435)
I've only ever had training to deal with or deal with fires in the office. And first aid.
• Rockingham, Australia
We have taken the course but really, unless you continually do refreshers, I don't think you retain a lot of the knowledge. Good for you for doing it though.
@thelme55 (73569)
I am planning to do that. It is good to learn the First Aid for emergency reason.
@RebeccasFarm (54886)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I have never taken that course. I am glad that you learned it as it can be a life saver.