MORE BUGS!!!

By JJ
@myklj999 (62654)
Olney, Illinois
But I know what this one is. A freakin' hornet. Don't know why it is on the driver's side door to my vehicle, but I guess I didn't really want to go to the store right this instant anyway, I just had this mistaken assumption that I needed to. But I am not going to attempt to open the door to get in the vehicle until this thing decides to leave. I'm assuming its nest got destroyed in the storm yesterday afternoon or it got blown miles away from its home and is lost. Anyone got a flame-thrower I can borrow?
I am terrified of hornets, I was stung when I was a little girl, and still remember that terrible pain. Let him play there as long as he'd like, don't rush him in case he stings you.
@myklj999 (62654)
• Olney, Illinois
I hate them and wasps. Just nasty creatures.
@cacay1 (62985)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Juliaacv, its bite is painful
@m_audrey6788 (54498)
Oh my. I have not seen hornet around here. I hope it goes away from alone soon
@myklj999 (62654)
• Olney, Illinois
I don't see them very often, luckily it is very sluggish right now because it is a bit chilly outside
@myklj999 Oh ok.
Yeah. The hornet needs to leave before you go anywhere in your vehicle. Sorry, don't have a flame thrower.
@myklj999 (62654)
• Olney, Illinois
He left, I went to WalMart, looks like the north and west sides of town didn't even drop a leaf, the southeast quarter is a disaster area.
@Fleura (17328)
@myklj999 Strange how localised weather can be sometimes.
@myklj999 Sounds like Mother Nature was kinda grumpy there.
@Fleura (17328)
So I don't know about hornets, but apparently adult wasps (at least the common black-and-yellow wasps we all know, and not any of the other 6,999 species of wasp we have in the UK) collect bugs to feed to the larvae, but they themselves feed on honey-dew that the larvae exude. Once the larvae have grown up and left the nest, they have lost their food source, so they are hungry and maybe even 'hangry', so they go out looking for sweet things and that's when they are attracted to our drinks at picnics and such, as well as to ripe fruit. And sometimes the fruit they find are partly fermented. So not only are they 'hangry' but they are drunk as well! No wonder they cause trouble.
@rakski (101274)
this is the first time I see a hornet. Is it dangerous?
@myklj999 (62654)
• Olney, Illinois
Very stingy bastages. They are known for having a bad attitude when disturbed.
@rakski (101274)
@myklj999 oh my, I do not want to face the hornets wrath
@JimBo452020 (63470)
• Montrose, Scotland
A Hornet. We used to see a lot of those but not so many in recent years. I wouldn't be anywhere near it, especially if its pissed off with something
@JimBo452020 (63470)
• Montrose, Scotland
@myklj999 Lol At least you don't sound bitter.
I wouldn't want to tangle with a hornet. I've crossed paths with wasps before. *Shudder*
@myklj999 (62654)
• Olney, Illinois
Same here, and those damned wasps...I disturbed a nest once (by accident) and took off running around the house, got halfway around it and stopped thinking I was safe---ZAP! sucker got me on the back of the neck. Wasn't even gonna attempt to bother this thing.
I have two cans of wasp and hornet spray you would be welcome to have.
That wasp spray is deadly. It shoots out of the can like 10 feet away...once a week, I spray all around my front and back doors in summer, as we seem to have an abundance of the mean critters here. I do everything I can to keep them away, I get extremely sick when I get bitten by one. Have ended up in the emergency room more than once. I think they are horrid.
I'm terrified of bugs. Wasps and wolf spiders are the worst. I was so scared by a huge wolf spider on my front steps sprayed a whole can of bug spray on it and it didn't die. I had to go down the steps and I was desperate so I used a can of hairspray a lighter, made my own flamethrower and set that huge thing on fire. Glad I didn't burn down the house. But it was me or him, one of us had to go down.
I treat those nasty things the same way I treated the enemy when I was in the military...I don't go near them unless I'm packing some serious heat..haha
@franxav (10518)
Poor thing! Open the car door it may leave your seat.
@myklj999 (62654)
• Olney, Illinois
It is on the outside of the door, I ain't opening anything
They are the alien bugs coming to take you away on Halloween beware be careful and most of all watch out for more bugs
@cacay1 (62985)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Yuck, better spray them it's shocking.
@Sojourn (12147)
It looks awful. Sometimes at night time, wasps visit my house and generally hover around the tube lights. I leave that room where they enter. I also whacked them with slippers when they sat on the wall, but I always remain on my toes in case I need to flee if I miss.
I hate hornets, we had to call to exterminate them when they built a nest under the roof just out of the bathroom window. I have a weed burner, if this can help you can borrow it.
@wolfgirl569 (48946)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope he was just resting and moved on pretty fast. He dont need a flame thrower. Those nasty stink bugs do.
@BarBaraPrz (33365)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Can't you get in from the passenger side door?
@RubyHawk (39820)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don’t like hornets. I’ve been stung a few times, That is painful.