Open Space for Everyone

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Sleeping Indian to the West and North Table Top Mountain to the South, this view on the trail I walk is superb! I hope that you also have a nice view where ever you may hike or walk on a trail. Do you see mountains or hills when you walk? Anywhere you look here, there are always mountains or hills to the West. It is a good way to know which direction you are heading. You cannot get lost that way. You always know if you see the mountains, you are looking to the West here in Colorado.
@sjvg1976 (30202)
We don't have mountains where I live but have parks only.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Very nice parks too I bet Sanjeev.
@cacay1 (63157)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@sjvg1976, our home is fronting the sea and a volcano, the Hibokhibok volcano in Camiguin Island.
@sjvg1976 (30202)
@cacay1 wow...that must be beautiful views you may be having from your home.
I am sure there are hundreds of lovely trails to walk in Colorado. I need to get out there again sometime and spend more time there. I have only been trhough the state on Amtrak. Oh I forgot I was in the Four Corners area several years ago, only briefly though.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I hope you will get to come Snowy. It is a beautiful state. And I have lived here many years off and on and never got up to the mountains. No four wheel drive, let alone the car now. And before even when I had the car, too busy working 24/7.
@RebeccasFarm Yes, the Western parts are. The Eastern parts to me, just looked like more of the Midwest. I added up up above, I was in the Four Corners area several years ago, but just briefly.
• Israel
@RebeccasFarm I am glad you have a nice view when you walk or hike. We also have a lot of nice views when I walk too. Sometimes in a big hurry so cannot enjoy them as much.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Yes big hurry does not let us enjoy
• Israel
@RebeccasFarm I am in a big hurry because do not like being out there with others.
The only view these days is from my terrace and I like it
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
You have the most lovely view there.
@CarolDM (157962)
I would like to visit Colorado one day. How nice. There are mountains in TN but not close.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
You would love it here Carol..and I know I would love Tennessee..my nephew just moved there to a hotel job in Memphis
@CarolDM (157962)
@RebeccasFarm I hope he likes it in Memphis.
@Vree0937 (2396)
I live in big city, but always want to visit an endless green view like your photo there. seems so rileks
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I am glad you get to visit the green sometime
@Vree0937 (2396)
@RebeccasFarm yes, except for the last 2 years, due to covid. My trips only between office and all those neccesary things. I miss this view
If I walk right outside my door, I see flat fields in every direction. I love the huge expanse of sky, and the unobstructed sun sets and sun rises. A short drive can take me to coulees and hoodoos. Or a longer drive to some nice wooded trails along a creek.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
You are blessed Paige.
@RebeccasFarm Yes I am. But my friends will not walk with me on the flat gravel road, looking out over the flat fields. I am blessed because I see the beauty wherever I am. And last week, a herd of mule deer bouncing across the field.
@cacay1 (63157)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Mountains are everywhere unless living in the interior part of the city. Our home is fronting the sea snd despite this mountains are seen. I can see the Hibokhibok volcano in Camiguin, the towering Mt. Apo in Davao. They formed something else and when they erupt , Cagayan de Oro City will be covered with mud and lava. It happened in the past when Mt. Hibokhibok erupted. It was so scary.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
You have the most beautiful place how you describe it Erly!!
@cacay1 (63157)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@RebeccasFarm yes but pandemic kills my desire to sit in the seashore to watch the waves, to look at the mountains. We're just inside home doing online works
It looks like a lovely place to walk. We do have some nice parks in this city. When the husband isn't too busy, we do sometimes go out for a walk in one. However, that hasn't been in a while since he just hasn't had the free time.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I understand, it gets busy, well good you have them there when you can get time that is.
@Sojourn (12152)
I live in a concrete jungle now. But once my neighbourhood had many ponds, bushes and trees, and vast playgrounds
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I wish it were still so for you there Jojo but I understand what you mean.
@db20747 (38335)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Beautiful scenery! I would love to take walks like this on the weekends. I would like to visit a place like this soon
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Wish we could walk here Danna
@BloggerDi (2777)
I've never lived in a place where I could see mountains around me. The times I've visited those places, I've been overwhelmed by the beauty! I wonder if the folks who live there eventually take the mountain scenes for granted?
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Oh yes I think some do indeed, dont notice them anymore Diana.
@Dena91 (15646)
Beautiful picture. Oh yes we live in the foothills so we are surrounded by mountains. I love living so close to them. Have a blessed day.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I am so glad you have the foothills too around you Dena
You are lucky to have such a beautiful place to walk. Looks like a great place to enjoy peace and quiet while you walk. I live in a community so I can walk around here and peek in peoples windows but I have to go out of the community to find nature. Since it's fairly rural there's no sidewalks along the roads but we do have some really nice parks with biking and hiking trails. I can't walk too far or too long so I haven't had the pleasure of doing any of them.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Maybe one day you can Marilyn but I know how life gets so busy. The trail is just a few blocks from here.