Got a lot done today, and now am listening to the game on the radio

This morning, I had an appointment with my Primary Care Provider (PCP). It was the appointment that I made after I wrote to everyone (PCP, and two oncologists) to let them know what I was going through, and why I was ignoring the calls coming in. Seeing Dr. G., I felt much better, and closer to getting the things done I needed. It was good to see her, and I didn't get scolded. I weighed in at 209lb/95kg and she was fine with that, under the circumstances, even though I want to be lower. She asked me to please take care to feed myself, especially with the upcoming treatments. My blood pressure was great at 128/72. She reviewed my blood work, and was pleased. We talked over what was coming up with the scans and the plans after. Then, I had my mammogram, and a bone density scan. I will have the results of both of those by the end of the week. I have several shots I need to schedule--Flu vaccine, pneumonia, shingles, tetanus, and COVID booster. I have two of them set up for Friday, the day after my Thursday (in Seattle) PET and CT scans. I might have gotten them today, but I will take the flu and pneumonia vaccines, and I didn't want to feel like crap the morning of my scans at the cancer care center. While I was having my bone density scan an mammogram, RGD went to the Discovery Shop donation site and dropped off the two boxes and bag that were ready to go. Once he picked me up, we went to Starbucks for a sandwich and coffee, not having had breakfast this morning. It was nice to wind down a bit. Then, we went to Eddie Bauer outlet so I could spend my $10 coupon. I found a light fleece shirt on sale for 50% of the last marked price. The $50 original price was marked down to $39.99; 50% down to $19.99; $10 off, plus tax, and I paid only $10.28. I was happy. Our last stop before going home was to Costco to drop off Cooper's medication for the anxiety medication for those fireworks, thunderstorms, and other loud noises that spook him so badly. I waited for it, picking up my vitamins and probiotics, while I was there, as they were all on sale. At home, I think we all dozed off sitting on the couch. I finally woke up about 4:45 p.m. and got up to prepare something for dinner--pork and vegetables with jasmine rice. I made up four more containers for leftovers. It cost me all of about $10.00 for six servings, so that was a good deal. I got the dishes loaded up, and the kitchen cleaned, pots and pans put away. Afterward, we ate some apple pie and started listening to the Dodgers vs. Giants game on the radio. RGD left soon after, and I'm still listening to this game. We're in the bottom of the 4th inning and the Dodgers are ahead 4-0. I'm having a hard time keeping myself awake though. I may hit the hay early. I hope you all had a great day today. I'm going to take it easy tomorrow, as I have to be up at 3 a.m. early on Thursday to leave for Seattle at 4 a.m. for the big scans. I will try to get online sometime tomorrow. Goodnight! Photo is my own..
@JimBo452020 (63827)
• Montrose, Scotland
Busy day. Hope all the medical stuff goes well. Was Starbucks good?
Thank you. I always drink black coffee, and I had a grilled cheese sandwich that they sell. It's got the best bread. I know it's more expensive than making it myself, but it was good!
@JimBo452020 (63827)
• Montrose, Scotland
@TheSojourner If its good then why not. We can't always do everything based on price.
@JimBo452020 I know a lot of people have given me a hard time about going to Starbucks because it's a big company, rather than the small little coffee drive-thrus. But I find consistency with them. What I really would prefer is to find those little coffee shops from back when we were young where you can sit and have a cup of coffee. No fancy barista drinks, just good old coffee. But then I'm old.
You had many things done. I am glad for the good medical results and I hope also the mammogram and bone density tests went well. My husband was better yesterday, but he still has vertigo, so he stayed at home. I walked to the store to pick up a few things, the day was sunny and warm, it has been a good walk.
I just got the bone density results back. My spine is fine but I have bone loss in my hips. I have to recheck it in 2 years. I need to get more calcium and d3, she said. But I do a lot of calcium and d3. I guess I need to up my walking
@TheSojourner If you already get enough calcium and d3 I also think that walking is better.
@LadyDuck I have to read up on this. I don't know if you can reverse the loss.
@wolfgirl569 (49080)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you are feeling better after seeing your doctor. Hope you slept good
Fitful night of sleep, but glad to have a few things checked off. Going to try and get a good nap today, because I have to be up at 3:00 in the morning so I can leave at 4:00. I just hope there's success with getting these scans done
@wolfgirl569 (49080)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner I am hoping they get them done this time. You have waited long enough
@wolfgirl569 thank you. I really need to get back on those shots which help to keep some of those symptoms down. And I really do want to get back on track to see about getting this new treatment.
@rakski (101586)
you've done a lot today and you will be doing a lot soon. I hope everything works out fine for you
Thank you
@rakski (101586)
@TheSojourner welcome!
@Deepizzaguy (55993)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I enjoyed my day at work doing surveys and sharing good news stories here.
@sallypup (49000)
• Moses Lake, Washington
You have to be exhausted. I hope your Thursday goes well. Hugs from me.
I ate delicious leftovers today, Coralita. I´m waiting for the groceries and when I get them, I´ll eat a piece of mini brie and then take a big nap. I deserve it. The bathroom is sparkling.
How about you come here and make my bathrooms sparkle too?
@TheSojourner We could trade chores.
@marguicha There are some that I'm afraid would NEVER get done. ROFL We'd have to find a Leticia friend to come visit us regularly. :-)
That is a lot in one day. I wasn't really a Starbucks person before the pandemic, but I've sort of become one due to it since most locations have a drive-through.
I like it because you get consistency. I typically drink black coffee, and I always know that it's going to be made a certain way and it will taste a certain way. The other drive-thru coffee stands I have not found the same consistency.
@TheSojourner I haven't had their black coffee. I always go for one of the flavored options, because I want something fancier than what I can (or am inclined to) do at home.
@wilsongoddard I'm old. Old school, too. I drink my coffee black. Joining the military in 1973 and staying all those years, I wasn't going to drink that powdered creamer those other folks were drinking. LOL
@CarolDM (157901)
A busy lady. Your food looks delicious as always. Glad you saw your PCP and it went well. Hope you can rest tomorrow after your busy day.
Thanks, carol. Here in 12 hours I have to leave to drive to Seattle for those early morning scans. Keep your fingers crossed for me that they get the veins.
@CarolDM (157901)
@TheSojourner Thoughts are with you. Stay safe.
I hope all is ok with the mammogram, and a bone density scan. Get some sleep.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. That's just two more things that are down that I got to check off my list!
@TheSojourner I hope everything goes good for you.
@Nawsheen (25056)
• Mauritius
You had a loaded day and you should definitely go to sleep if you feel like it. A good night's sleep will help you feel refreshed in the morning
I'll probably need a nap today. Have to be up at 3:00 a.m. so I can leave at 4:00 for the scans tomorrow in Seattle