Better start walking! Gas prices on the rise!

Well, I never thought that I would see it here in the U.S., but gas prices are now over $5.00 per gallon here in our country. If it's happening in Manhattan, NY, it is sure to go up everywhere. It's $3.60 here at the military base gas station yesterday, but it's been climbing lately. I wonder, just how high it will go everywhere? How much are you paying today for gasoline/petrol where you are?
https://www.fox5ny.com/news/gas-prices-hit-5-in-manhattan
@divalounger (5025)
in the Bay Area we have been between $4 and $5 for a long time--those prices will only keep going up--time to go electric
I agree.
@TheSojourner I have been looking at the resale market for electric cars--
@divalounger I have found them to be more expensive on resale right now for this very reason. I'm going to watch and wait. I'm glad I get 35mpg
@kaylachan (26516)
I'll have to ask my husband if he notices a price change when we go out Saturday. However, when I asked him last (a few months ago) He said the prices were pretty much the same, (just under the three dollar mark), but I remember a few summers ago, we had it over 4 dollars/gallon.
It's going to get worse everywhere.
@kaylachan (26516)
@TheSojourner Just like everything else.
I'm not certain how much my husband paid the last time he filled up the tank. That has probably been a while, since we don't do a lot of driving. The next time that we buy a car, it will be an electric vehicle. The last time we were car shopping, it wasn't within our price range and didn't seem practical given our needs. However, the market has since changed.
More and more changes are on the horizon! All of these people that are buying those huge trucks right now, I think there's going to be a whole lot of them on the market used before too long. And they'll be worthless.
@TheSojourner They'll keep going for a few years with them. However, at some point, the choice between shelling out for gas and facing rising food prices will likely force a decision.
@wilsongoddard I agree wholeheartedly.
@garymarsh6 (22831)
I wish our petrol was as cheap! The price of petrol in the UK is $7.49 a gallon
Are you talking a US gallon and in US equivalent for costs? I remember paying a lot of money when I was driving in Scotland back in 2000. I think it must have been 6 or $7 American money.
@garymarsh6 (22831)
@TheSojourner Yes in US gallons & $. It is around £5.48 a gallon currently. ( It is sold in litres here)
@garymarsh6 yes, I remember the leaders when I was there. And I think in Canada they sell it by imperial gallons. I never quite understood all of the differences
@franxav (10574)
It has been rising for us in India without check. I may start walking or cycling again.
What does it cost you for a gallon of gas, but in US dollars?
@franxav (10574)
@TheSojourner Probably it is cheaper here but for a low income person like me, it is burning a huge hole in my pocket. I think thrice before taking out my motorcycle. It's about 1.5 dollar per litre.
@franxav I understand. I'm not working and it has limited retirement income. I may make more but I'm also paying $1,500 in rent for my small apartment. It leaves me with very little elsewhere. I suppose it's all relative.
It is also the same here. I usually walk to the public market and vice-versa.
That's one way to get people more active and walking!
Our local price is (converted form Swiss Francs) is $ 7.69 per gallon and we are not the most expensive in Europe.
I think people in America have been very spoiled.
@TheSojourner You have greater distances, I am sure the average consumption of gas per year is much more in your country than in Europe.
@rakski (101610)
it is increasing here also!
I think we're going to see this and many other things going up worldwide!
@rakski (101610)
@TheSojourner Yes, I agree
Up, up, everywhere
So very true.
Too high!
I agree!
@wolfgirl569 (49110)
• Marion, Ohio
It made a big jump here to. We are over 3 a gallon now also. They can now use that oil leak as an excuse for it.
It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better definitely!
@db20747 (38335)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Yes, gas is on that list of inflatables! Better grab one of those bus schedules
I don't have opportunity for the bus schedules to take me where I need to go medically. I'm just going to have to figure something else out when it comes to the gasoline!
I paid $3.79/gallon for premium last week.
I saw unleaded for $4.19/gal off-base a week ago.