Snow and Tornado Warnings~Colorado, the Extreme

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I wish I was in one of those lovely mountain ski resorts right now. Do you ski? Have you ever been to one of Colorado's ski resorts? They are world famous. I like to envision myself, with family and friends, in front of a nice fireplace, with one of those ski sweaters on and hot chocolate in hand. It is the wild west here right now for weather. This morning it was 35F here in Wheat Ridge, CO.
https://www.9news.com/article/weather/colorado-snow-hail-tornado-warnings-winds/73-5b57e1cc-5cc3-4985-9351-1df614d8beaf
@Rashnag (21113)
• Surat, India
Looks beautiful. No I haven't experienced it
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
It is crazy weather here Rashna..yes I would love to be in the picture.
@Rashnag (21113)
• Surat, India
@RebeccasFarm ok dear. It's very hot here too
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Rashnag We have opposite
I think the idea of skiing is more appealing to me than the actual doing it When I think of skiing the same image comes to mind for me....fireplace, hot chocolate, friends and/or family and the whole ambience of it all.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Yes that would be more me..though I may run out the door of that nice place and go skiing to get away from my kind of family lol
@RebeccasFarm you're too funny
No, I don't ski. The hot chocolate part of the program, however, does sound quite good. It isn't "cold enough" for hot chocolate here yet, but I may have to have some nonetheless. While coffee and tea are year-round drinks for me, I generally relegate hot chocolate to the winter months.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I am so glad you enjoy hot chocolate. Since I had given up dairy for a while, I was making it with cashew milk believe it or not and it was lovely.
@RebeccasFarm We generally use plant milk.
• Israel
@RebeccasFarm I see the snow in the picture. I cannot remember if was at a resort in Colorado. I have been to Denver and Colorado Springs. That would be nice to sit in front of a fireplace. I do not think I was in Wheat Ridge. I grew up in the Midwest so did cross country skiing. I have never regular skiied. I love hot chocolate. I like to drink it all year round.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
You did ski Hanni? That is fabulous!!
• Israel
@RebeccasFarm Once I did cross country and it was fun. I never skied down sloped.
@CarolDM (157996)
I have never been skiing but would like to one day.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Wouldn't it be great Carol.
@CarolDM (157996)
@RebeccasFarm Yes it would.
@kobesbuddy (136121)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This is the first picture I've seen of a Colorado ski resort! No I don't downhill ski, but it sounds like a lot of fun:)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
It sure does huh Kharla
@kobesbuddy (136121)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@RebeccasFarm My cousin Sharon, her husband Don and their family, they spent quality time in Colorado ski resorts. These resorts were their family vacation site, every year!
Wow, 35. It won't be long now and you will have snow on the ground. I have skiied quite a bit not for years now. I might at least do cross country this winter.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
You have? Wow Snowy I never learned to.
@RebeccasFarm Oh yeah, many times..When you grow up in snow country you learn to ski, well at least I did. I took it in college and used to ski with my ex as well. Son is a really good skier but hasn't gone for years.
I do not ski, but I would like to spend a few days in a sky resort, here in Switzerland will be perfect, we also have world famous ski resorts.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Of course you do Anna..Switzerland is famous for it!! I would love to go, even if I did not ski. Even Princess Diana came to Colorado to ski.
@RebeccasFarm We had friends in Monte Carlo who went to Colorado for skiing. I am not a fan of cold, here it would be fine, only a couple of days and then back home.
@Nawsheen (25150)
• Mauritius
Colorado's ski resorts do look amazing. I would love be there one day
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I hope one day you may. I even live here and have never been due to no car and of course time too I was always so busy working.
@Nawsheen (25150)
• Mauritius
@RebeccasFarm I would have to work very hard to afford such a holiday though
@aninditasen (3231)
• Raurkela, India
It might be very chilly. I have never experienced snow fall or have ever skied. Though I have seen the snow clad mountains in Darjeeling.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Yes there you have the snow at the high altitudes Anindita.
Take care and stay safe
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I will thanks as always friend..we are warm in here
Love that picture!
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Oh so do I Marlina..so cozy with the lights and snow
@FourWalls (36269)
Colorado is one of the seven states I haven’t made it to yet. Maybe next year. I want to visit the Four Corners region. But I don’t ski, so there wouldn’t be any reason for me to visit a ski resort.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Bring your protection visiting the Four Corners Four WallsHey that doesn't rhyme lol
@Dena91 (15646)
I've been watching your wild weather out there. We are suppose to get a major cold front this weekend. High's in the 60's lows in the 40's, perfect weather for me. Sadly I have never been to your state. Close to it but not in it. Yet.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Let me know you come this way my friend
@Vree0937 (2398)
I;ve been to ski resort, but not colorado. Its quite expensive for hotel - ski resort, so just stay 1 nite - max
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Yes I imagine it is expensive..which you go to Vree?
• Rockingham, Australia
Ski sweaters and hot chocolate - how nice would that be?