Decorations are Going Up

Today is Tuesday. I have a huge load of laundry in the dryer. After reorganizing the small closet in our bedroom, I kept a few Christmas decorations out. I decided to put them on the sideboard, which we affectionately refer to as the snack cart. I also dug into the draw in the china cabinet and put out some more decorations there. With these 2 areas done, I think that I should be able to hold my hubby off on putting up the tree until December. I don't like it up too early as I never feel like I can vacuum as well with it there as I do when its down. Picked up some cute little Christmas cake shaped cake pans. They will actually require about half the batter that a muffin would. It will be fun to decorate them. I was thinking of the years to come when the twins are old enough to help with the decorating. Maybe I will make it an annual thing to take a week off at this time of the year. I can't wait to welcome those little bugaboos into this world. ~Photo is mine
@RebeccasFarm (55188)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
You are having a grand time there now Julia! I can hear Christmas in your 'voice' here.
Oh I do love Christmas so much @RebeccasFarm it is by far my favorite holiday. I have so many sweet memories of this time of the year, and I hope to be able to make some fun memories with the twins next year for their very first Christmas.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Juliaacv Oh I cannot wait to see your Christmases with the twins.
@RebeccasFarm I look forward to having grandbabies, they always said that they would not have any because there was such a high risk that they would be twins, and twins are so much work. Here is the decorations that I put out on the buffet.
I also prefer to wait until December for the tree, as it is hard to clean once it is up. Your decorations are beautiful, your husband should be happy.
Thank you, I agree, it is not easy to clean properly when the tree is up. He was happy to come home and see more decorations. He likes that I put them up in layers. Today I am not so festive-feeling. I went out for a few hours to do some Christmas shopping and when I got home and checked my phone, I had several frantic texts from my brother. It seems that they are in a rush to have me sign and give my social insurance number so that they can complete the estate. That put an end to my happy, festive feelings.
@Juliaacv - I like to decorate for Christmas. I know we will stay at home, the decorations will put us in a festive mood. I am also going to clean the fireplace so we can use it during the holidays. I am sorry for the message from your brother, those are the kind of things that put me in a bad mood.
@LadyDuck Christmas is so much fun to decorate for. My brothers are being very selfish, when this is finished I will be completely finished with them as I do not have much in common with them.
Bugaboos, that's so cute! I think you should do that every year. And hopefully you can have the twins help you make treats that week annually too, once they're old often to start helping.
I have been referring to them as bugaboos all along. I can't wait to have one of them perched on my shoulder sleeping. I'll have them helping me with baking, just as soon as they are old enough. I'm going shopping for them today, I just love buying those tiny little sleepers and outfits.
@Juliaacv I am obsessed with baby stuff. Love looking at it and buying especially. You're so lucky to be a mom and grandma.
@Courtlynn You're a Mom Courtney, don't forget that.
@1creekgirl (28744)
I know you are so excited...can't wait to hear all about them and pictures, too if Mom and Dad don't mind. I know you said they're not identical, but is it time to tell the gender yet?
Yes, we are over the moon with excitement. My hubby will be going to the diaper party that our son's friends are throwing for him. They all bring a case of diapers, which will go a long way with twins. The last test that they had one of the babies was being shy, but they believe that both will be girls.
@1creekgirl (28744)
@Juliaacv Oh, that is so exciting! I'm so very happy for you all. And you can never have too many diapers.
@1creekgirl I will suggest that my hubby get some that are not preemie or newborn so that they have lots to grow into.
Glad you are enjoying your time off and getting lots done. You will make many memories and start lots of traditions when your grand daughters arrive.
You know, February is always such a difficult month for us emotionally. Our daughter's birthday would have been on the 16th and her anniversary is 2 weeks later on March 2nd. To have a little bugaboo to cuddle and hold during that difficult time will bring new life to our family. Oddly enough our daughter-in-law's due date is on march 2nd, but due to her being a high risk pregnancy they will not let her go past February 9th. Oh, that is coming soon.
@Juliaacv It is before you know it. Glad it will bring some joy to you in February.
@Happy2BeMe Thanks they will warm our hearts.
@CarolDM (164135)
You are looking all festive. These are really pretty. Enjoy your day.
Thank you, I like this little tree display.
@CarolDM (164135)
It is going to be loads of fun to have them around for sure. Sis is taking a week off this week to prepare for our Tgiving holiday.
Oh I am counting down the days until their safe and healthy arrival. I can understand your sister taking a week off if she is hosting the gathering. I used to take off the week of Christmas when my parents were both alive and I hosted it. I also put on a nice Christmas morning brunch, for anyone and everyone who knew us to stop by if they did not have any other plans. I had a brother who went thru a divorce, and if his wife had the kids for that holiday, he would come and stay for a few hours.
@Juliaacv She did it last year too, but we didn't go up there. I think she might have just had her kids there.
I hope they come into the world healthy and happy.
Thank you, we do also.
Your decorations are looking festive.
Thanks, I love Christmas time.
your sideboard looks very festive with your decorations I'm going to be late decorating this year since my son is going to start the painting job Dec 7th. Our tree won't go up until he's done which is disappointing because I love to sit at night with only the tree lights lit. But I'll be happy when the painting is done and I can hang new curtains and decorate. It will be a wonderful time when the twins are old enough to join you in the kitchen and make memories. Those are the best years. You have so much joy ahead of you
Thanks, I had such joy decorating this week. My hubby came home each day and was so happy at the latest decorations that I had put out. This morning I went across town to do a bit of shopping. I should go out and get my hubby finished this afternoon, but now I am waiting for an important call and shouldn't leave as I never answer my phone when I'm out.
Very beautiful decorations, Sounds like you'll have a very nice Christmas, I will put out my little tree and some lights on Dec 1,
We will wait to put our tree up but things go up here in layers as I have so may decorations.
@db20747 (39651)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
The table is really cute with decorations
Thanks, its my Christmas tree cart.
The excitement must be at "high" right now for the twins !
I have a sneaky suspicion that next month her doctor will put her on bed rest until their birth. She is getting so much done this month in preparation, and I cannot help but to wonder why. She's had a trying pregancy, although she does not complain.