Moving Day Is Getting Closer

My Henry
I'm getting fidgety. I am moving seventy-eight steps down from where I live now. But I cannot get the key and move in until the twenty-four-year-old water heater in that apartment now gets replaced, and that probably will not happen until next week since Thanksgiving is in two days. Because I know I am moving, a part of me that wants to pack things up. But, I don't see the point since I am only moving seventy-eight steps away. Yet, I can't resist the urge to at least have the nonessentials ready to be grabbed up and carried down the stairs. So I am doing that as quickly and quietly as I can. I don't want to upset my cat. I know I will have upwards of a month to move out and clean my current apartment. But it isn't even going to take me a day to get all that done. If the water heater arrives tomorrow, I hope maintenance will install it tomorrow so Henry and I can spend Thanksgiving in our new home.
@RubyHawk (45694)
• Atlanta, Georgia
You will Probably want to pack dishes and any loose items. Do you have a mover to move your furniture?
@RubyHawk (45694)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Chellezhere You are a capable lady.I always dread moving, all the disruptions and packing. I like the way you live and are able to take care of yourself. I wish you well and I hope you like your new apartment.
@RubyHawk Thank you.
@RubyHawk (45694)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Chellezhere Let us know how it turns out.
I hope you and Henry are able to move into yoir new place before Thanksgiving.
Thank you.
@Chellezhere You are welcome
@dodo19 (43800)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Hopefully you are able to move soon. Moving can be both exciting and stressful.
I hope so. I technically do not have to wait for the water heater installation to move in. So I am not sure what the hold-up is. I've been in the apartment, and everything else looks fine since the last tenant was only in it for less than a year and barely moved around. But, now that I think about it, it may be that the hospital bed that he had used is still in there. So I guess management has to wait until that is gone to turn the place over to me, and maybe the person getting it can't pick it up until after tomorrow. But I don't know. All I know is I am tired. Management has been trying to get me into a ground-floor apartment since March, and it has been snag after snag after snag. I need a break, and a KIT KAT® isn't going to do it for me this time.
Any move is stressful, even if it's super close! Wishing you all the best and that water heater to get replaced quickly!
Thank you.
Your cat looks like he knows something is up, I wish you the best of luck and good that you have time to get all your moving done, I sure hope you'll be here at Thanksgiving then it will really be a thankful day for you
Thank you. That picture was taken back in August. He didn't like the window air conditioning unit.
• Rockingham, Australia
Wouldn't that be nice to be in your new home for Thanksgiving? I hope it happens for you.
Yes, it would. But, at this rate, it looks like it's going to be (Canadian) Thanksgiving Day, Monday 10 October 2022, rather than tomorrow. But I am only a couple of hours south of Prince Edward, so I get that works as well.
• Rockingham, Australia
@Chellezhere Really? October 2022? But that is ages away.
@JudyEv I was joking. It's not going to take that long. But with the amount of time it has taken so far, it seems like it will take until next October. The property manager may come in on Friday, and if he does, I can begin to move in then. But if he does not, then it will be Monday. I'm tired of waiting. He has been trying to get me into a ground-floor apartment since March. This is the first time we have not run into any snags that have prevented the move.
@1creekgirl (28732)
Best wishes with your new place! Happy Thanksgiving whenever you celebrate. I had planned to cook tomorrow for four of us, buy we'll have Thanksgiving next week I hope.
@wolfgirl569 (52355)
• Marion, Ohio
Wishing you luck to move before Thursday
Thank you.
I am sure it will be a bit stressful if moving out. My family and I had experienced this early last year.
I am only moving seventy-eight steps down from where I live now. So, it will be a smooth move. I'm just fidgety because management has been trying to get me into a ground-floor apartment since March. So I am tired of waiting.
@Chellezhere I think it is not that stressful. Is it a bigger place?
@Shavkat, My new apartment may have a few extra square feet, but that's about it. The biggest benefit for me is its location. My current apartment is on the second floor, and my new one is on the first (ground) floor. Because I am blind and prone to fall down the stairs, a ground-floor apartment is best.
I hope this move goes smoothly and quickly.
Thank you.
@LindaOHio (79437)
I hope you can spend Thanksgiving in your new home. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Thank You. It's looking like it is going to be Canadian Thanksgiving instead. But I'll get over it.
I understand that they have to replace the water heather, but they could at least give you the key, so that you can start moving down what you do not need immediately.
That is true, and management admitted to that today but still did not give me the key. I think there might still be a hospital bed in there that needs to be removed but can't be until after tomorrow. But I don't know.
@Chellezhere It is possible that there is a reason, as they could let you start moving things down.
@LadyDuck I was downstairs a few minutes ago, and the manager said I could start moving in this weekend. There are a few things he and the maintenance man have to do first. But, if I don't have the keys tonight, I should have them Friday (since tomorrow is a holiday).
@LeaPea2417 (32435)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I hope it all works out in your favor.
Thanks. It's getting there. How are things down there in Toccoa? Sometimes I miss living in Clarkesville and working in Toccoa.
@LeaPea2417 (32435)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Chellezhere All is good at the moment.
@LeaPea2417, that's good.
@CarolDM (164135)
I hope oyu will be happy in your new place. Sweet Henry here.
Thank you. I am going to do my best to make it a happy place for Henry and me. I know he is going to love the kitchen window. It faces east, so he'll have plenty of sunshine to bathe himself in. I know he misses that here.
@CarolDM (164135)
@Chellezhere I am sure you two will be very happy.
@CarolDM Thank you.
@Nawsheen (28595)
• Mauritius
Awww nice cat you have I hope that you get to move before Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Unless management gives me the keys when I go down to check my mail in a few minutes, a move-in before tomorrow doesn't look like it will take place.
@Nawsheen (28595)
• Mauritius
@Chellezhere oh no. It would have been great to spend Thanksgiving in your new house. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving
@Nawsheen Thank you.
Why are you moving to another apartment?
I am legally blind and progressing toward total blindness. It is safer for me to be in a ground-floor apartment. My name is also on the waitlist for an apartment in town because transportation is lacking out here. So, I need to be where I have more access to things.
@Chellezhere That is great. take care of you.
@jstory07 Thank you. You take care of yourself as well.
Id start packing too i dont like waiting til last minute for anything.
I have had most of the nonessentials packed since July.
@Chellezhere oh wow.
@LotusEyes (2484)
Your cat is very nice.
Thank you.
@moonandstars (57689)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
that would be great. i wish the best for you two
Thank you.
@Fleura (17892)
I hope it gets sorted soon. I know that restlessness - you just want to get on with it and get it done!
Yes!