Oh no! Not Eggs-actly sure what happened

Tonight, I was getting ready to put things away and go to bed early. Lo, and behold, there were other things that I had to tend to, instead. I have one of those hard plastic containers that you put eggs in to store. It's slipped out of my hands and down they went. All 10 eggs were broken, though I was able to salvage the two where the membrane didn't break and I just put those two eggs into a container and I will scramble them up for breakfast tomorrow. What a mess! I cleaned it up as best as I could and tomorrow I'm going to pull the refrigerator out to make sure that I didn't miss any that made its way under the refrigerator. What is the worst thing that you have dropped or made a mess with in your kitchen? Photo is my own
Oh what a bummer! That stinks. The other day I accidentally dumped out almost a whole container of garam masala. I was super bummed as I aspirated some of it when this happened. Ugh!
I think I had tried to break almost all the eggs in my fridge before. Honestly, I am lazy cleaning up such a mess.
Once I dropped a galloon of Kool-Aid. The container broke and I had a sticky mess all over the floor and I had to mop the sticky floor three times before it was not sticky anymore.
Oh my goodness gracious! And was it red kool-aid?
@TheSojourner No orange.
I have dropped one or two eggs. Did you know to cover them heavily with salt and it would soak up so you can scoop it. Hard thing for me was I had to make nutritional shakes for first hubby when he could no longer swallow, due to being ill. I had to add in vitamins A-E-and D, all oily. I spilled it on kitchen carpet. Yuck. I cried. I was so tired.
I did not know about the salt. I guess I should buy a box of it just for that purpose! I can imagine those oils making things smell.
@rakski (103677)
It is frustrating when some mishaps happen
@Noland (63)
only a view minut ago, it was happen. i dont know whyy, my child wanna to toilet and his dady called me to cleaned him. i said yaa while cleaning the litter, but when i wanna going to clean my hand. .... the glass broken in front of my parent in law. oh my gosh. sadly i had to clean it immediatelly. kwkwkwkw
@RubyHawk (45694)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don’t like those plastic egg cartons. If your hands are damp. It can slip out of your hands.I think the worst mess I’ve made was spilling a pot of hot soup. That was a mess.
@oahuwriter (18862)
It happened to me too. Just a 6 pack, 4 broke went to trash. I made french toast with rest. As I was pulling another refrigerated item along came eggs.
I dropped a few eggs before, what a mess to clean
@wolfgirl569 (52354)
• Marion, Ohio
I have spilled many things. Thankfully the dogs clean for me when I drop eggs. And eggs are good for them.
@LindaOHio (79437)
Bummer! And eggs are hard to clean up. The biggest mess in our kitchen was just water. Hubs put the refrigerator filter in wrong; and there was a pool of water all over the floor. It took forever to mop it all up.
Eggs are horrible because they smell bad if they slip under the cabinets. The worst that happened to me, a Pyrex baking dish full of custard (I was making Crema Catalana) broke inside the hot oven... you can imagine the smell and the mess.
That would be quite the mess to clean. I once dropped a 2 litre bottle of pop and the cap few off and pop went everywhere,, the floor, the walls, the cupboards. Not fun at all.
@Nawsheen (28595)
• Mauritius
I love your title. So original Recently, I dropped a bottle of orange juice and it was a total mess. Spent hours cleaning that
@Faster16 (1094)
I once dropped fried fish. Luckily I didn't get hit by hot oil, I quickly dodged
ha you just reminded me I have to try to get the hot sauce off of the kitchen ceiling. The bottle flew out of the fridge door and broke. I noticed the hot sauce on the ceiling the next day.
I also had such kind of experience, but luckily just one egg for me
@Torunn (8313)
• Norway
Too early in the morning for Gollum-mode when I see eggs, but it's tempting to come with a "Nice, crunchy eggses!" Assuming everyone knows that Gollum likes eggs ... I normally remember very well what I've done, but when it comes to spilling things, my brain have chosen to just forget all of it. I know I have made messes, but I seem only to remember the times I made it without wreaking havoc. Brains are weird things ;-)