Have you ever read anything from Louisa May Alcott of Little Women fame? do you like her?

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I am planning my reading year for next year and I plan to pick some classic books. I was reading one of my multiple emails about books and saw that Louisa May Alcott wrote a Christmas book, I got online to my local library website and found that a library in my county has it! I requested it and that library sent it to the library where I go and my sister picked it up for me at the library and I am reading it today! it is small in the shape of it. by that I mean it doesn't look the same size as other library books. and it is short with only 143 pages the book has short stories that Alcott wrote, the first one is a short story about the sisters from Little Women celebrating Christmas and they were delightful. I loved the story as it made me cry and I got a warm and fuzzy feeling while reading it I decided I have to read Little Women and anything else I can find of this new possibly new favorite writer of mine! This book is the first book I ever read of Alcott and want to read all of her books. the name of the book is "A Merry Christmas & other Christmas stories" by Louisa May Alcott Have you read this Christmas one by her or Little Women? if you hae read her, what is your favorite thing you read that she wrote?
@MarieCoyle (2747)
I read all of her books when I was very young. i have even re-read them to get an adult perspective. I read a lot.
I didn't read classics when I was younger. but as an adult, I want to try classics to see what I missed I am going to choose some before the new year and try to read them sometime throughout the year I read quite a bit, are classics your favorite genre? what is your favorite? my favorite books are mysteries
@kobesbuddy (142151)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I've heard wonderful things about Louisa May Alcott's stories, she's a wonderful writer! And hopefully, there will be other books she wrote, for you to enjoy:)
she is a wonderful writer! in the short story with the girls from Little Women everyone is so kind in it I looked her up and she has written more than I thought she wrote! I plan on trying to read more of hers the book I am reading now was just to let me see if I like her!
@kobesbuddy (142151)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Marty1 All of her books are amazing, she's a very gifted author!
@kobesbuddy (142151)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Marty1 Today is Jay's Birthday, he's 65 years old! lol
@LeaPea2417 (32721)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I read Little Women when I was a kid. It is a great story.
I can't wait until next year when Little women is going to be in my list of classics to read sometime just not sure when
@LindaOHio (82079)
I've read Little Women but nothing else by Alcott. You'll have to keep us posted about her other books!
I will keep everybody posted! did you like Little Women? it sounds like a cute book I seldom read classics so I decided that I will change that next year. (well, actually, I never read classics) they have to be good or they would not be so popular hundreds of years later
@LindaOHio (82079)
@Marty1 I liked the movies (all 5 of them) a little better than the book.
@LindaOHio I had no idea they even made one movie. were some of those five movies based on other books by her I don't watch too many movies so can't tell if a movie or book is better
@DocAndersen (55141)
i've read a couple of her books (required reading in college) not a huge fan!
Oh no! I decided I love her! I have decided that I will consider "Little Women" the one of hers that is a mandatory classic to read, But I found an ebook on amazon that has several books and it was free (i think that the books are not copyrighted so i think that makes them free. I plan to read others of hers next year but no plans which one
@DocAndersen (55141)
@Marty1 i have read little women (huge Jo fan!)
@DocAndersen I have not read enough of Little women to decide who is my favorite as I only read one short story with them but I plan on trying to read the whole book for this month
I have read Little Women and enjoyed it very much, I reread it from time to time, I hope you have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your Christmas stories,
I am so happy you like that book so much! Have you read anything else by her that you liked as much as Little Women? The story Kate's Choice that I am reading now is making me cry I hope you have a Merry Christmas too!
@Marty1 I haven't read anything else by here but I will look online and see what other books she has written,
@RasmaSandra I haven't read much by her either. The book of Christmas short stories is the only thing I have read by her, I know I will like Little Women as there was one Christmas short story in the book I read that had the Little Women characters and i loved it
@JESSY3236 (15578)
I have read Little Women and Little Men. I haven't read her Christmas book.
did you like Little Women and Little men? you should read her Christmas book as it is great!
@JESSY3236 (15578)
@Marty1 I love Little Women. I didn't really like Little Men as much.
@JESSY3236 I think from the short story of Little Women characters that must be the better of the books
I only read Little Women...which was good of course.
I haven't read the whole Little Women book yet (I do plan to read it as part of the classics I plan to read in 2022) but the characters were in a short story in the Christmas short stories in the book of short stories i read, I just didn't like one of the stories
@Marty1 I do think I read most of not all of Little Women, but I can't quite remember when. It might have been when I was in upper elementary.
@snowy22315 any amount is good enough, it lets you be familiar with some of the story
@moonandstars (52862)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I haven't. But I shall try finding more things online.also,happy Christmas
Hope you find something good! Merry Christmas to you!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Marty1 thank you
@RebeccasFarm (56529)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
It is and always will be my favorite piece of literature.
when was the first time you read it? I am waiting until next year for Little Woman but will almost surely be in January. I don't know what took me so long to try it? do you like anything else she wrote as much? I know I am reading the second short story in the Christmas book and it is the sweetest story ever. it is called Kate's Choice