what did you have for lunch then either had/or will have for dinner tonight?

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I am making a resolution to eat enough for my three meals as I am always so hungry all night I am utilizing my new electric stove and heated up a can of soup for the second afternoon for lunch in a row. I admit I didn't have more because technically it isn't New Year's yet! then for dinner, for the practice of eating enough, I had a lunch meat turkey sandwich, then I made a bag of instant mashed potatoes that was four cheese flavor and made them on the stovetop by myself and opened a can of cranberry sauce and actually got it out of the can in one piece!!! hooray! I am trying to use my stove on as much food as i can and use up all of my food before I buy more food! I thought I would share how much I love my new stove and what I am cooking on it, what did you have for lunch and had/will have for dinner today?
@LindaOHio (82083)
I'm glad you're enjoying your new stove. We will have pizza for lunch and will have appetizers tonight while we watch the festivities on TV. Wishing you a safe and Happy New Year!
Thank you for the New Year's wish! I wish it back to you! I went to bed around 6 p.m. on New Year's Eve as usual and woke up sometime before midnight so I stayed up. I texted my sister and the rest of my family at midnight and my sister surprised me and called me, ( she wasn't going to call so she wouldn't wake me up but she knew i was up from my text!) hope the beginning of your year is going great!
@LindaOHio (82083)
@Marty1 Thanks. I'm glad you were able to text your family before midnight. Not much going on here. How about you?
@LindaOHio i was glad i was able to text my family, well at least one cousin who texted the next day told me he fell asleep before the ball drop not much here either but a horrible, red, and itchy on my stomach and chest and have to go to the doctor today as i am suffering
@DocAndersen (55143)
That is a good resolution - glad the new stove is working out!!!
Thanks! I am happy that I am using my stove, too! I may make macaroni and cheese on it one day! I may make a grilled cheese for lunch! I am determined to master them, as I am not that great when I try to make them! Happy New Year's Eve!
@DocAndersen (55143)
@Marty1 i am glad to hear you planning more and more fun projects!!! happy new year to you as well
@DocAndersen (55143)
@RubyHawk (49633)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I’m so glad you are using your new stove. I was sure you’d love it. I had a bowl of y veggie stew and ate the last of it. I’ll fill my crock pot before I go to bed and it will be cooked in the morning. I had a slice of cake for dessert.
I do love my new stove. it just took getting used to using it, Yesterday was the first time that I have ever boiled water on the stove, but I wanted a bag of mashed potatoes so I got brave. It was like one last Thanksgiving meal since I added cranberry sauce! what kind of cake did you have for dessert? I am having the rest of a slice of cheesecake for dessert tonight. I forgot to have it yesterday! what kind of vegetables did you put in the crockpot?
@RubyHawk (49633)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Marty1 Glad to know you’re using your stove. I cut up any vegetables I have in the refrigerator, onions! Squash, carrots, celery or if I feel lazy I open a few cans of vegetables. After chopping up my veggies I put them all in the crock pot add a little salt and water. Plug up the crock pot and let it Do the cooking for about 8 hours. That’s all there is to it. If you use canned vegetables about two hours is enough. You can also cook it in a pot on the stove on medium heat but you must watch and stir often And add water if it gets too dry.
@RubyHawk That sounds like a good idea for a good healthy meal! but i need more than that or I get light-headed from hunger I may take the chicken i bought already cut up and ready to eat and make it into a sandwich for dinner on (Today) Friday other than that, i have been eating frozen dinners in the microwave. I have had some good meals that way with foods that i would never be able to make myself or would want to make myself have a great day!
@Deepizzaguy (60402)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Spaghetti and meatballs for lunch today. Dinner will be decided soon.
I love spaghetti and meatballs! I have been meaning to make it but haven't yet. what did you decide upon for dinner?
@Deepizzaguy (60402)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@Marty1 Dinner was shrimp for the evening meal.
@Deepizzaguy that sounds like it is yummy!
For lunch I had some Progresso soup and for dinner I had pizza. Glad you are using your stove
I had a Campell's chicken and dumplings soup yesterday, But I do have quite a few cans of Progresso soup! Did you go out for Pizza or did you make your pizza at home? I love pizza!
@Marty1 No, this was just a Red Baronn frozen pizza. I did add extra cheese and veggies though.
@snowy22315 that sounds like a good dinner to me! what kind of veggies did you add? I usually just have extra cheese on my pizza I think I like the extra cheese that is melted more than the rest of the pizza =)
I am glad you enjoy your new stove, I had a small hamburger just plain on a dish with some ketchup for lunch and a small bowl of spaghetti for dinner, I am low on everything and tomorrow I order my groceries online, I cannot eat three meals always but eat as much as I can so I won't feel hungry,
I try to eat three meals a day but it makes me too full. I am extremely low on almost everything that would make a meal. i have things like bags of mashed potatoes and noodles and sauce, but sometimes i want a full meal. i have pasta and spaghetti sauce and since you mentioned spaghetti i think I may make myself some tonight as I ate my last frozen meal last night for dinner i ordered my groceries online on Wednesday but they can't bring them until Saturday. it might be in my area we are predicted to have 10 inches of snow on Sunday night. Have a great day!
I had a fish filet with veggies
that sounds extra yummy! I haven't had fish in a long time, I am hoping I can maybe have some at a restaurant during the upcoming Lent. I don't really celebrate it but do enjoy the fish dinners what kind of veggies did you have?
@xFiacre (10442)
@Marty1 Soup and a chicken sandwich at noon then grilled sole and stuff in the evening.
what kind of soup did you have for lunch? My soup was a chicken and dumpling and sauce with some vegetables. I almost had a sandwich for lunch but I wasn't that hungry.