Please pray for me, I am going to the conveniece care this evening.. suffering very much

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I don't know if you noticed I am not here as often I have a huge rash on my chest that is bright red and full of welts. it is now spreading to my stomach. it also hurts a lot and i feel so itchy all over my stomach and chest. i feel like if i itch but don't itch as that hurts worse I called my doctor and he prescribed medicine on January 4. if it would work, it would work by now. it did not help at all I called yesterday with the help of my case manager and I was asleep when my doctor emailed me and told me to see a doctor in his office or convenient care. he won't be in his office the rest of the week and they only had same-day appointments where i would have to call at 8 a.m. and there is a chance i won't see a doctor. I see my primary care doctor who i called but don't see until March as i see him every six months and i can't wait that long to see him the next time. I feel bad but i had an echocardiogram (a simple test of the strength of my heart i get one every couple of years) it was scheduled for this afternoon (Tuesday) and had to cancel it because of the pain my sister has to feed my nephew at 4 p.m when he gets home from school. and then she will head my way as she is going to continue working at home as long as she is working for her company so she has an easier way to fit things into her busy schedule i am going to convenience care tonight. do you go to a regular primary care doctor only or have you ever used another doctor when needed?
@JimBo452020 (80230)
• Montrose, Scotland
A rash can be a symptom of Covid. I think you should get tested.
oh? thank you for telling me about that. I am going to the doctor so i won't worry about it
@JimBo452020 (80230)
• Montrose, Scotland
@Marty1 I would worry about it It didn't appear for no reason
@JimBo452020 I was told by a different doctor that it is a yeast infection. i am hoping it is just a rash and the doctor will give me something for me
@RebeccasFarm (56806)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Good luck that sounds nasty I never go to the doc unless like you I have to
Thank you. I will tell you a secret i go to my doctor every six months because he is so nice and so good looking I don't like going to a doctor i don't know though
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Marty1 I don't either
@RebeccasFarm I don't like one i don't know because I am not used to them.But sometimes it takes getting used to them I have only been seeing my psychiatrist a year as my one before him retired and my new one is the GREATEST doctor i ever has as any type of doctor I ever had
@aninditasen (3829)
• Raurkela, India
I pray you get well soon. Here in India we fix an appointment with a specialist in the line. In your case we have to consult a skin specialist first and then a medicine specialist. This we can get done within a week.
thank you, Here, in the United States we see Dermatologists for skin problems but we could see a regular primary care doctor who first may recommend us to the dermatologist specialist I think if i wanted i could just make an appointment for a specialist and whenever the one i choose has time to see me. I think when i got really sick 22 years ago since i was put in the hospital i saw a heart specialist the same day i was admitted so I am not sure
• Raurkela, India
@Marty1 Then I think you should better sea a heart specialist.
@aninditasen I had been seeing my heart specialist every six months for almost 22 years. Now i saw him a few months ago and he said i don't have to come back for another year which will be in November so I am happy about that
Oh my goodness Jennifer, I fear you got Shingles, go immediately to see your doctor, the sooner the better.
It does sound like shingles but i think if it was then it went away. as i told you in another reply I think I am going to be fine even though my peer, Courtney, thinks i have been hypomanic for a while. I do think that is true
@Marty1 I think that it was not Shingles as it is fading, Shingles rash enlarges if not treated.
@LadyDuck that is what I thought. does shingles go away on their own or do they have to take medicine? My doctor will make sure i get a shingles vaccine when I see him in March (part of my every six month appointment) as his nurse told me I am getting shingles in March because i was still 49 the last time i saw my doctor and i wasn't old enough to get it. then i need to get a tetanus booster this year so will get them all at the same time.
• Rockingham, Australia
Sending heaps of good wishes to you, Jennifer. I hope you can get some relieft from the itch. Sometimes a food allergy causes these symptoms.
Thank you, It is getting better and i buy things like 4 or 5 soaps toothpaste at a time (i have a closet full of toiletries) and always are on sale or just cheap and i just found yesterday a special soap that is for body washing in my soap collection that i am going to try as it has no dyes or whatever can cause problems with sensitive skin, the soap i have been using is strong but have been using it as i loved the smell, I am going to stop using it for a while. soon when I take a bath for the morning I am using the sensitive skin soap I don't know about if i have a food allergy as i eat the same foods almost daily and don't really have much problems
• Rockingham, Australia
@Marty1 So it's probably not a food allergy. It could well be the soap. I hope you find out soon what is causing the rash.
@JudyEv thank you. well, at least I don't think it is a food allergy. I am a plain eater and eat basically the same things and i don't usually have such problems
@LindaOHio (82421)
Could it be shingles? Keep us posted as to what happened at convenience care. I see my PCP every 4 months and haven't had to go to anyone else for my regular care. Take care and get better soon. We miss you. Sending prayers and positive, healing thoughts.
thank you. I think it is just a yeast infection as my peer, Courtney, who has a physician's assistant degree talked to me on the phone again yesterday and i am almost positive it is a yeast infection? actually, i woke up late last night and it looks a lot less red and the red melts look like they have gone away and are not as itchy. i see my PCP every six months, I may not see him as often as I do see two other doctors frequently. I have just used my PCP's nurse as a different doctor as he gives me some heart medicine and my actual doctor is hard to get into see him as he is very good at being a doctor I like the nurse better though. I did agree with my peer Courtney to consider going to the doctor if it gets worse by next Tuesday when she calls me
@LindaOHio (82421)
@Marty1 Thanks for the update. Keep us posted and get better soon. Hugs.
@LindaOHio thank you. i looked not long ago and it really is fading
@nela13 (48005)
• Portugal
Hope you feel better soon, they need to find what is that and give you the right treatment.
from what my physician's assistant told me we strongly think it is a yeast infection I told her i would see a regular doctor maybe next week it is didn't get better, but now that it is getting better i don't know
@nela13 (48005)
• Portugal
@Marty1 are you taking antibiotics now?
nela13 I was afraid to go so didn't go. i did take a different type of medicine where i took and waited three days and if it wasn't getting better to take one more pill. i was only given two pills.it seems to be improving i am not suffering anymore! i think i will be okay
• Northampton, England
Shingles. Thye give you pink medicine
what is the name of the pink medicine? i don't know about shingles as is no longer in pain
• Northampton, England
@Marty1 I just remember the meds were pnk when I had it aged 28. It was the worse illness I ever had
@thedevilinme I don't think you had shingles d you were 28 . one has to be at least 50 years old or older to even get it (I turned 50 Late last month i know I am getting my shingles vaccine soon, so i am pretty sure that getting the vaccine will prevent me from ever getting the shingles
@CarolDM (168920)
• Nashville, Tennessee
I hope you are better soon. Take care of yourself. Thoughts are with you.
thank you very much. i don't how or why it started it was just a light red around Christmas now it is very bad
@CarolDM (168920)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@Marty1 Make sure to get to the doctor.
@CarolDM thank you. i am going to the doctor tonight
Ive used er and urgent care drs when needed
i have used the ER quite a bit, but usually, tey to use my primary care doctor or one of his partners. I figure if he lets a doctor be a partner then that doctor can't be too bad right now, for the last two or so days my chest looks a lot better. I wouldn't go to the ER right now as hospitals (at least around my area) are asking people to only go to it for major emergencies, (I think they mean for things like heart attacks, etc) because too many people are going to them
@Marty1 hospitals cant not let you go, no matter what. Ours has always said to still come no matter how "little" you think your issue is. Waiting can always get dangerous
@moonandstars (53183)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
were you admitted? this is serious. i go to regular primary care doctor or if it's very urgent, i go to er.
No, i got a little nervous so didn't go that day. then it started to feel and look better so i didn't see a doctor. Hospitals in my area are telling people not to go to the ER unless it is a life-threatening or serious problem, I think they mean things like heart attacks and things like that. from what I hear that when a person does truly need to go to the ER there are 10-hour waits because Covid has become so bad.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Marty1 i went cause i coughed so much i couldn't sleep so, yes, only when it's urgent. i am glad you felt better.
@Shiva49 (23573)
I am sure you are in safe hands with regard to proper care. I am sorry you are suffering but proper medicine and care should do the trick. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
thank you, today is the first day that when i looked at it the welts aren't there anymore and the redness has faded and i am not that itchy anymore
@Shiva49 (23573)
• Israel
@Marty1 I am so so sorry to read about what is going on with you. I hope going to convenience care will help. I have a regular doctor because I have found some specialists not very good. I prefer my doctor but I either write to him or talk to him on the phone. I hope they will help you. You have a very nice sister that cares about you. I can understand why you have not been here much. Just take care and I hope someone will come up with a solution. Bein in pain is no fun.
thank you. I didn't end up going to the convenience and it appears I am getting better. there is still some red but the welts that are on the red don't itch anymore on the red. I think i will be okay. i have a regular doctor and two specialists and all of my doctors are excellent. My doctors want to see me in person most time. a few times one doctor talked to me on the phone, but i prefer to go to the doctor in person. the one who will talk on the phone I like to go see him in person as he is such a nice guy. probably the nicest doctor i have
• Israel
@Marty1 I am so glad you are getting better. I am glad that all your doctors are excellent. I prefer not to go to my clinic during corona so prefer to either write to my doctor or talk to him on the phone. Take care of yourself and so glad to see you here when you can be here and you are welcome.
Nobody mentioned "shingles"?
I think somebody did mention shingles, I thought of that right away but I described it to my peer, Courtney, on the phone (no peer support person is allowed to visit their peers in person because they don't want to accidentally have one person with Covid and spread it) but she knew right away it was a yeast infection. She has a masters degree that makes her a physician's assistant and i know she knows what she is talking about as we often talk about medicine so i waited and it eventually went away.
Oh take care Jennifer. That does not sound pleasant at all. Let's hope it is just an allergy to one of your meds or a laundry product, and not Covid.
Thank you. I woke up at 11 p.m. last night (I only sleep several hours a night) and checked under my sweatshirt and the welts went away and the red is fading. and almost not itchy I was too afraid i was dying to go to the convenient care. But I think I will be fine. My peer, Courtney also has a degree that makes her a physician's assistant and told me all about yeast infection and it does really seem like that is what i have
Please let us know what you learn. I thought maybe it was a reaction to a med, or covid, but it can also be strep. We should not diagnose for you , but let you learn from the experts.
it is not all gone yet but is getting a lot better i did not go to the convenience care, but my peer is also a physician's assistant besides working in mental health, and she and i talked, and from what she said i have a yeast infection. Wednesday as we were talking i remembered having that area turn bright red before I doubt it is covid as the last time i left the house was exactly a month ago when i went to the doctor on December.14. I have seen no one but my sister and case manager who are both extremely careful to not be exposed or get it
@RubyHawk (50088)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I have used another doctor when needed. I had noticed you’d been missing from Mylot. Have you had shingles? Your rash sounds very much like shingles? You-can have them more than once. I hope your doctor can help.
I have used my primary care doctor's partners for a variety of things as my doctor is very good and it takes months to see him, I get in to see him every sock months by making the next appointment the day i had one. otherwise, i would have to see a partner of his. i don't think it was shingles, It didn't hurt that long or as much. I plan on getting my shingles soon. my parents brought my sister and me to almost being paranoid of not getting a vaccine, so we get flu shots every year, we get pneumonia, and tetanus when needed and of course, i had my covid vaccine a long time ago there are other vaccines adults get that i forget what. (I need my shingles and my doctor's nurse also told me i need a tetanus shot this year so will get those two, i don't think i need any other routine ones
@JESSY3236 (15600)
I don't have a primary doctor. I only go to my gynecologist. But I may end up picking a primary doctor.
I used to not have a primary doctor but have been seeing one for about six years now i would pick a primary doctor as they know a little bit of everything
• Sonora, California
I hope you feel better soon...
thank you so much. i am just hoping it goes away quickly
@DaddyEvil (68560)
I have noticed you weren't here and was worrying about you. I hope you get something to help with the rash and are doing better very soon. Keeping you in my thoughts.
thank you. i was given something strong to take and took both pills three days apart from each other. i took them and they did nothing to help I have no idea what the doctor will do as long as they do something i will be relieved