Happy Hump Day myLot

Happy Hump Day to everyone here on myLot. Wednesday, Hump Day, as many of us know it as, that day in the middle of the week. Its all downhill from here until the weekend. With the holidays falling on my days off (weekends) they are giving me this Friday off for Christmas Day, and next Monday off for Boxing Day. I will have a nice long 4-day weekend. The next work week will only be 3 days long as they are giving me my New Years Day Stat on that Friday. So only today and tomorrow left of work for me for this week. I went to the mass vaccination center last evening for my appointment for my booster shot. As creeped out as I felt being in a large group, even properly physically distanced, it felt good to get out of there. My only side effect, part of which is my own fault as I am a side sleeper, is a sore arm.
@PhredWreck (6001)
*falls off hump and breaks arm* NOW look what you done went and caused!
Oh NO should I call 911, or send the Mounties? Can The Scar help ya out on this one?
@CarolDM (167906)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@PhredWreck Nice profile pic.
@CarolDM Doesn't he clean up nice?
I am glad you have a 4 day weekend, you have all the time to recover from your booster. I hope your arm will be fine soon.
Thank you. My shoulder is sore from sleeping on it, I have a knot in it, which I am trying to work out, that will help the sore arm sensation.
@Juliaacv - A sore arm is unpleasant, but I have heard that the sore arm happens to all those vaccinated.
@LadyDuck It just means that the boxing match is off until further notice.
@dodo19 (44374)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's nice that you'll be able to have nice long weekends and shorter work weeks this week and next. Glad to hear that you were able to get your booster.
Thanks, when I looked at my schedule around Christmas I thought it looked like forever until I would get my days off. I am glad that the time has passed so quickly. We are super busy right now, so time off is appreciated.
@dodo19 (44374)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv Time can fly by quickly. Especially when it's busy. Probably a good thing that you're getting the time off now, if it's so busy.
@franxav (11645)
It was a painful experience when I went to get my second dose. I stood on the queue for more than six hours.
Oh that is an awful long time. We have to make appointments here, and you are not to arrive more then 10 minutes before your appointment, although I was there about 12 minutes early. You take a spot in line, they ask you the usual questions, if you have had any symptoms, been in contact with anyone with covid, or have travelled outside of the country, after you answer, they give you a disposable mask and ask that you wear that and remove your own mask. Then you are directed in the line up to a registrar, from there you are taken 1 at a time to a person who will locate a vaccinator and take you to them for your shot. It is all done very smoothly and no waiting except for the reaction wait time which is now 5 minutes.
@soymex (678)
• Bucharest, Romania
Are you on the second dose? or you've reached the third!
I just took my third shot which is the first booster shot. They are starting on giving the fourth booster shots to the elderly and those with severely weakened immune systems already.
@bunnybon7 (48085)
• Holiday, Florida
Glad you finally get to rest. Have fun.
I will, and I am looking forward to it as its been awfully busy lately.
@RubyHawk (49435)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Good for you getting the days off and getting your booster. I didn’t have any side effects at all after my booster.
Thanks. I had side effects last night but I feel like I am coming out of it. I guess only time will tell. Our son had this and he thinks I should be fine today.
@RubyHawk (49435)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Juliaacv Some people say it takes a few days for the after effects to wear off.
@RubyHawk It took me overnight to feel better.
@oahuwriter (19604)
All done now! Got my laundry done today. Might go shopping weather permitting.
You’ve been busy working.
@oahuwriter (19604)
@Juliaacv Weather wasn't permitting yesterday, so try today which looks promising.
@oahuwriter Good luck
@aninditasen (3853)
• Raurkela, India
Enjoy your holidays and because of the rush in vaccination centers we senior citizens go to private hospitals or diagnostics centers to get vaccinated where we have to pay.
• Raurkela, India
@Juliaacv Don't they have private centers in your country?
@aninditasen Not that you can get the covid shot for. Every place has shut down or converted to a covid testing site.
• Raurkela, India
22h
@Juliaacv They should prepare vaccination centres too.
Glad you only had a sore arm. Hope you enjoy your days off
I ended up with side effects last night. I went to bed and I hope that the worst is behind me.
@Juliaacv fingers crossed
@Courtlynn I am feeling better.
• Rockingham, Australia
That's great that you're having a long weekend. And good that you've had your booster. We still have that to look forward to.
I’m ready for some down time from work. I received the phizer vaccines for my first and second shots but the booster was moderna. They are using the phizer shots for the children. I could have had a phizer shot from a pharmacy but you have to wait outside in line so I didn’t register there but the next time I will there are side effects to the moderna shot.
• Rockingham, Australia
@Juliaacv So are they talking more/regular booster shots there?
@JudyEv Yes, after the first booster shot they are starting with the eldest in our communities and giving them the second booster. Finally our children are being done.
@averygirl72 (28449)
Nice to have many long weekends. Nice to have that booster shot. We go to the vaccination center twice it is always postponed
I’m really ready for some down time from work.
@averygirl72 (28449)
@nela13 (47572)
• Portugal
It feels so good when we have a long weekend.
I love a long weekend. I'll get alot done and will be able to take my time doing it.
@nela13 (47572)
• Portugal
@Juliaacv yeah, in long weekends we have time to do so many things.
@CarolDM (167906)
• Nashville, Tennessee
A 4-day weekend will be enjoyed I know. Glad you have no side effects.
Yes, a long weekend will be nice, I am almost finished a really good book, right at that point where its hard to put down, so hopefully will finish that one and start another.
@CarolDM (167906)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@Juliaacv That is nice to find one that holds your attention.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Happy hump day too
Thank you, happy hump day to you as well.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Juliaacv you are welcomed
I had a sore arm too + a huge headache,
Another person told me that they had a headache. Our son was laid up in the bed for a day or two, but he's not as tough as I am.
@Juliaacv , It's not his fault!
@Dena91 (16691)
Enjoy your 4 day weekend.
Thanks, lots of time to relax.
I have got booster shot and had no side effect.Good for you ! You have 4 days off at this weekend !
I ended up having side effects later on last night. But I slept it off and this morning I just feel foggy and tired.
Glad you will have time for relaxing. It is always good to have some time off,
Thank you, I intend on relaxing and finishing a good book that I am into.
Good timing on your booster. Yes, sleeping on my side made the vaccination a little sore.
My hubby just told me that I tossed and turned and moaned quite a few times last night. I apparently never do that, so maybe the serum in that syringe made a little wierd overnight. Right now I am totally exhausted, I will sleep well tonight.